Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Can somebody please explain something      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Can somebody please explain somethingPage 1 of 1    
I think scurvy has a good thought.

I have also dealt with people who lied, and would NEVER admit it, even when all the evidence was there. I don't think in the cases I dealt with, that they were craftily trying to accomplish something by maintaining the lie. It was more that they had a psychological defect going on, wherein once they started to lie, they genuinely believed in the lie, or they were so committed to it that they could not back away from it. Almost like an actor that gets so caught up in a role, that they can't let go of it.

They seemed to be psychologically dependent on the lie version of their lives.
 daynadaze
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Can somebody please explain something
Posted: 11/13/2011 2:27:34 PM
Some people are liars, It makes no sense to you but trying get a liar to make sense is a waste of time, it only annoys you, she's not going to suddenly become an honest person. Too bad you have a child with her, take care to see if he learns to lie like she does but don't bother working on getting her to be honest, it's not going to happen.
 wooliepack
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2011 6:49:22 PM
I don't see anyone else bringing up the possibility she's a genuine psychotic. That doesn't mean she's Hannibal Lecter's sister, it just means she's not an emotion-feeling human being. She uses your genuine emotions against you, because they keep you predictable and controllable, while she is anything but those. It's like the idiot in the BMW who uses traffic rules against you, knowing exactly what you'll do, so he can do everything else. Tara Palmatier's Shrink4men.com is all about this. The stories she posts will curl your hair, you can't make this stuff up. Beware of the ex-spouse who poisons your son's mind, in order to alienate you from him. In some states, it's illegal.
I saw one article that mentioned how Eskimoes used to handle a compulsive liar: "Someone will push him off the ice while nobody is looking."
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/13/2011 7:42:52 PM

why she is still lying

Because if she admits it to herself, her world may come crashing down on her.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Can somebody please explain something