Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Tell me if sound like a B*tch on profile please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BADassCountyGrl
Msg: 1
Tell me if sound like a B*tch on profile pleasePage 1 of 1    
Im starting to wonder if Im way to blunt on what I want on my profile, Ive been told that I sound like **** , which I honestly didnt believe that I do, i just got right to the point of what I want....So if any of you can help me out and see what it is I should change, I'd appreciate it
 psytle
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Tell me if sound like a B*tch on profile please
Posted: 11/15/2011 4:24:42 PM
OP, I would suggest emphasizing what you want, and simply ignoring what you don't want.

For example, instead of saying you want 'someone who isnt the obsessive controlling or super jealous type' how about saying that you want a guy that trusts your friends and loved ones?

Both statements are basically saying the same thing, but which one do you think sounds better to guys?
 You go first
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/15/2011 6:05:09 PM
If your kids are 'your world', why would you post their cute little faces on an adult internet dating site when you know what kind of pervs are here?

If you don't want guys messaging you for a fvck, why in hell would you have "sex" as an Interest? Really, don't you think that goes without saying?

As already said, the icky pervs don't read so it doesn't matter what you write in your profile to them, it will make you sound negative. The perv messages are part of the online process. Even I got them from 20-yr old kids looking to rock my world to guys my Dad's age. So what. Moving on....

Best advice you already got - write for the guy you want to attract.
 wooliepack
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2011 8:01:10 PM
You say that if you have a man, you want his attention and loyalty, but you've already warned him that your children are "first and formost" to you. He's going to wonder why you're even on here. He's certainly not going to be important to you.
Drop the pics of your kids and besties! They're not coming on our date, so they shouldn't be profiled with you. Besides, this site is for over-18 only. Kids under 18 can be mentioned, not identified.
Keep the pic of you at "work", I'm a farrier, it's how my work looks, too!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Tell me if sound like a B*tch on profile please