Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Top Position      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Snuggles4TLC
Msg: 1
Top PositionPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Dear Ladies,
I’ve been wondering if a few of you are willing to talk about your experience with the Top position. Bouncing on the Love Seat is “WANTED”. But I’ve heard that many women shy away from it. Why? My questions: why it is intimidating to some women? At what point should a man allow his lady to steer- the- ship? I’d like to thank everyone for commenting on this very personnel thread in advance.

Thanks
 christyis4real
Msg: 2
Top Position
Posted: 11/17/2011 5:10:48 PM
I don't really shy away from it, I just don't prefer the position.
 MsMicki
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Top Position
Posted: 11/17/2011 5:15:13 PM
hmmm.......control of depth, angle and rythem
why would any woman shy away from such a thing?

I will admit I don't do top for as long as I used to be able to because of a hip issue......but I sure give it the ole' college try!
And I prefer reverse cowgirl.....as it seems to give me better gspot stimultion
 insurancegal121
Msg: 4
Top Position
Posted: 11/17/2011 5:32:33 PM
I love the position it puts me in control I can slow it down or speed it up
 coyotefeller
Msg: 5
Top Position
Posted: 11/17/2011 8:23:51 PM
Cowgirl, reverse cowgirl, squat with
just the right bounce and pelvic thrust
....you know it when you're getting it !
Now as MsMicki says, with age ....you do
what you can ! lol
 ohenryx
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Top Position
Posted: 11/18/2011 6:48:20 AM

KaylieCat:
Girl on top gets me off almost immediately. It is one of my top favs...for obvious reasons. But I dunno, its not as much fun as doggy style. That's prolly my faav.

Hey, variety is the spice of life...do it all, go nuts...do what feels good!

Good morning, Kaylie, love the new pic!
How could we possibly get by without your sexy, scintillating posts here on the forums?
 whytwater
Msg: 7
Top Position
Posted: 11/18/2011 7:00:51 AM
"topping", in some circles, means far more than sitting or lying over your lover.
Kinda reminds me of that Soap episode, long ago, where the "girls" are feeding in the kitchen, and Jessica tells the group she never gets on top cuz gravity pulls everyything from her forward to her waist downward.
Whether the question is one of position or otherwise, it's tres hawt for a woman to drive the f-ck.
 StealthyNinjaKitty
Msg: 8
Top Position
Posted: 11/18/2011 7:14:52 AM
When I opened this thread, I initially thought it was going to be a D/s question...I guess what they say about assuming is true!

I love being on top since it gives me more control and still allows for kissing & breast play...at least facing my partner, and reverse cowgirl is great for g-spot stimulation. Leave the lights on, look at me, I don't care...because in that moment, I know you don't give a damn that my body isn't perfect, and therefore, why should I be self-conscious about it?
 Nytrix626
Msg: 9
Top Position
Posted: 11/18/2011 7:46:34 AM
Girl on top facing me while I'm sitting up holding and making out with her is my favorite position.
 MsMicki
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Top Position
Posted: 11/18/2011 7:58:32 AM

Now as MsMicki says, with age ....you do
what you can ! lol

where did I say anything about age???
 no_1_bby
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Top Position
Posted: 11/18/2011 8:05:45 AM

But I’ve heard that many women shy away from it. Why?

Many reasons.

My questions: why it is intimidating to some women?

A million reasons, all different, some the same. Here's mine...

I'm a fat girl. Usually outweigh my partners. So the idea of being on top and squishing them or hurting them is a concern. I don't like being *on display* like that. Big saggy boobs, stretch marks, tummy... it's all right there.

At what point should a man allow his lady to steer- the- ship?

When they are comfortable with it.

My guy likes me on top. Lights on, covers off, fully naked, the whole shebang. I resisted for a long time.. but it feels so damned good it's hard to not do it. He would put me there and when I wanted off he'd hold me in place. Doesn't take too long for me to get the hint, the subtle encouragment, his reactions to it, and the sensations of it.

Reverse cowgirl doesn't work for us. Me sitting straight up gives easy access to all the good spots, but he's also accessed those spots with me nearly laying down on top of him too.

I rode horses for a long time so I'm comfortable on my knees but not on my feet squatting over him. Anyone who's ridden English and understands a posting trot or a sitting trot will have an idea of those actions. Same can be done on a man. With good results. *grins* Canter is another rocking motion that's good. There's a lot that can be done easily and for long periods of time without exhausting her.

I get to control depth and angle and speed.. often have to remind him to be still and let me do it.

It's the only position where I can orgasm *handsfree*...

So, while I have reservations about being on top, it's obvious that I enjoy it.
 coyotefeller
Msg: 12
Top Position
Posted: 11/18/2011 8:21:49 AM
OK..Young MsMicki does what she can then !
Sheesh
 funinsun32
Msg: 13
Top Position
Posted: 11/18/2011 9:17:25 AM
As previously mentioned, top or "doggy" I find is the best!!!
As no 1 bby replied, I agree that alot of women will shy away from being on top if they are insecure about their bodies and a man can really help with that by reassuring her that she is sexy and beautiful
 curlygrl
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Top Position
Posted: 11/18/2011 9:34:05 AM
Intimidating. Not at all.

Especially when he is asleep. I just tell him-
shhhhhhh. Go back to sleep baby- I got ya
covered. ;)

God. My post is too short. So is my sex life.
Men. Orgasm. My lunch hour. ........
 PoeticPatriot
Msg: 15
Top Position
Posted: 11/18/2011 4:49:24 PM
This is one position that I'm always able to talk women into trying. They're in control and one thing I know about women is they love to be in control. Just get her lubricated to minimize pain and go at it. Shoot, sometimes her orgasm in this position will trigger yours as well.
 christyis4real
Msg: 16
Top Position
Posted: 11/18/2011 6:54:45 PM

Men that put down a woman based on her shape do not deserve said woman...I take that back...Men that put women down IN ANY WAY are not men. Period.

Amen.
 Natgoat
Msg: 17
Top Position
Posted: 11/18/2011 8:08:24 PM
She can have the top...as long as it's on the floor..!!
My bed is raised to 38" from the floor...it's a bit of a fall, when you're not ready for it..!!
Plus . . . You can't Fall OFF the Floor...!!!
 Simon4567
Msg: 18
Top Position
Posted: 11/18/2011 8:22:37 PM
As long as she smothers herself in tabasco sauce and juggles bowling pins, I dont see why she should be afraid. Just keep me entertained, I also like sparklers.

MsMicki
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Top Position
Posted: 11/19/2011 8:14:12 AM
^^Yes, I am a fan of the sex swing!
 musical_turtle
Msg: 20
Top Position
Posted: 11/20/2011 4:56:31 PM
I don't mind being on top...it's not something I 'shy away' from.
But missionary is my favorite =)
I don't know;I just like a guy that takes control lol.
 Della D
Msg: 21
Top Position
Posted: 11/20/2011 5:11:53 PM
You've heard or actually experienced women shying away from it?

Most people may have their fave position/s, but I don't know of any woman who would shy away from it (before scanning through this forum that is) so I would not know the reason/s.

But hey, everybody is different, so if you like it just suggest it to your girl the next time you guys are at it.
 christyis4real
Msg: 22
Top Position
Posted: 11/20/2011 5:35:05 PM

I agree! It makes me feel "closer" to the guy and more intimate.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Top Position
Posted: 11/20/2011 5:50:02 PM

As long as you aren't a fatty and are in shape, it's a null issue.

So if some IS fat, they don't deserve an active sex life? Dagnabit.. I'm doing it wrong again! I'm not gettin' the memos on this sh*t. Who do I have to contact to rectify that situation?

Then again, people rarely every find themselves in bed with other people like that in the first place so it's also a null issue.

Not sure what you mean by this... but it comes across that you're saying (again) that fat people shouldn't be having sex. I'm really hoping I'm wrong.
 curlygrl
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Top Position
Posted: 11/20/2011 6:14:49 PM

I agree! It makes me feel "closer" to the guy and more intimate.

oh wow. I thought I was the only one who felt
this way. I like the closeness. Noooo I love the
closeness.
 Sydney0475
Msg: 25
Top Position
Posted: 11/20/2011 6:46:06 PM
For me I dislike g-spot orgasms so reverse cowgirl is out, but I do (did! it's been a while!) quite enjoy being on top. For those women that ejaculate it's an excellent position to receive the right stimulation and frees the guys hands for him to play as well.

We are all individuals and enjoy different things. "Many women" might not like the position, but there are plenty of us that do.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Top Position