Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Lots of views, zero replies.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tim8183
Msg: 1
Lots of views, zero replies.Page 1 of 1    
I've been on here for around a year and sent out a lot of messages. Even upgraded my account to show that I'm serious about finding someone. Around 50% of my messages are "unread - deleted" with never getting any replies. I'm pretty good at writing out some decent messages, but when most aren't even read I figure the problem has to lie in my profile somewhere. Posting this before work, will check out any replies after work tonight. Thanks in advance for any help you guys/gals post!
 tim8183
Msg: 2
Lots of views, zero replies.
Posted: 11/18/2011 1:00:28 PM
Also, yes... I deleted my old account and created a new one. Between the two it's been around a year.
 Lionessx
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/18/2011 1:04:02 PM
That generic headline should go. Every other man on here has that same headline.

What you need is better, clearer, pictures. For now I would use pic.#2 for a main picture.

About Me was good not a bad read.

Pictures is what you need, get a friend with a good camera. Women are visualizers.

LionessV
 tim8183
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/18/2011 1:09:20 PM
Yeah, I need to borrow a camera. Been using my phone with only a 5MP lens. Will do those fixes now, except the new pics. Thanks!
 pdunique218
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/18/2011 1:30:45 PM
I saw two "NEGATIVES" you should remove -
(1) the first sentence "... not the best looking..." -- never put yourself down. What does that really mean - who is the "BEST LOOKING". ;0

(2) "unlike most guys in this area": don't compare yourself to other men.

Otherwise you have a great profile.

Now let's address why the "no replies/deletes. Maybe it is the females who are targetting.

What does "non-religious" mean to you? For most serious women - that could be a turn-off. If you believe in Christ - then select "Christian-Other". If you are an atheist - then leave it as is - and you probably will not get very many replies.
 tim8183
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/18/2011 1:46:23 PM
Fixed. As who I target, mainly people who have similar interests. Though, being honest, here lately I've been trying anyone who seems interesting. To me, its not about what to do, but who I am with. Company can make all the difference. It might possibly just be the area. I'm about 40 miles north of houston. Anything else look bad or awkward? Maybe something lacking that I should add more to?
 ariana2O
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2011 1:48:39 PM
About you:
There is quite a lot of negativity in your about you that is not doing you any favours, they leave an overall bad impression of you starting from the first sentence....

i have listed them here:
I might not be the best looking guy- negative about yourself
Been on here for a year and have yet to find anyone decent.- negative about yourself
I think I'm starting to get some grays - negative about yourself
It would be nice to EVENTUALLY find a relationship - negative about yourself
Unlike most of the guys in this area - negative about others/men
I'm also not on here just looking for sex. - negative about others/men
Not looking for games - negative about others/women
It's rare to find someone without kids - negative about others/women

You have some very positive things to say about yourself later on in your profile, but you started off so bad, women might not even read that far. Remove all the negativity and write more about your good points and about your interests

Your pics:
i'll be candid, they arent doing you any favours at present.
they are unimaginative, badly lit, drawing attention to the fact that you have a small kitchen, unflattering angles, showing badly plastered ceilings, and the dungarees? just generally not showing you in a good light and its like you have made no effort whatsoever - yet your pictures will make or break your profile, so you are wasting your upgrade unless you get them sorted

so, go away and make some proper concerted effort to take some really good pictures of yourself, or better still get other people to take them of you. You dont have to say its for pof. You can say its your mums birthday and you want to make a gift for her as she is always complaining she doesnt have any pics of you these days...or something. You can go out and about in your town and pretend you are a tourist and give them the same mum gift explanation...whatever it takes...who cares what people think anyway.
Pictures which show you doing what interests you are good - a great picture is worth a thousand wonderfully written words. Take loads, and loads, and then some more. Then select the very best 8. Use different angles, different props, some bright clothing, imaginative locations, good lighting, the best camera you can beg steal or borrow, dont use webcams or a mirror,

And make sure you look your best! And whether casual or smart or a mix of both, pick your very best clothes, have a shave, go to the barber or use hair gel or whatever you would do before The Most Important Date Of Your Life with the absolutely most special girl you could ever expect to meet!!
 femaleandflirty
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/18/2011 4:02:52 PM
What you experience is normal. Get over it, it is a freebie dating site. Women are not serious on here.. Too wary and rightly so....You may have wasted your money. Dont expect anything and you wont be disappointed.

However assuming it would make a difference, post a full length shot of you doing something interesting. You need to stand out from the thousands of fish in this pond..... You are better off to join a club in the real world and concentrate on offline dating....somewhere where you share common interests and can see what you get up front... Hot women on here are usually scamming or not real so beware!!
 john_in_bh
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/18/2011 6:48:41 PM

Around 50% of my messages are "unread - deleted" with never getting any replies.

Wow..are you saying you are getting a 50% response rate? Because that is great. Or 50% are "unread/deleted" and there is a large percentage that gets read but just not answered? The normal response rate for the average looking guy is 1 in 20 (5%).

BTW: Dont listen to femaleandflirty venom spew. She thinks that way just cuz she met a few loser guys on here and now thinks everyone is like that. This site does work well for average and above looking women, and the best looking model type guys.
 tim8183
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/18/2011 6:48:52 PM
LOL! Dungarees... I had to look up that word. I'm in Texas, they are overalls. Can be common around these parts. Probably not the best idea to wear for a picture though... I fixed the negativity that you mentioned, will add more positive to the other points later tonight or tomorrow morning. Pretty much all I need is new pics. I'm sure it's the pics that are mainly holding me back! Thanks a bunch ladies!
 tim8183
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/18/2011 7:15:13 PM
To clear that up... its 50% that aren't read at all the other half are read. I'm not mentioning how much or little I get any responses to. Just because I don't want any sympathy or hate.

Also, yes, I'm ignoring femaleandflirty's post due to the fact I was asking about my profile not PoF.com ethics or what I should or shouldn't do with my time and money.
 bootsnblueys
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/19/2011 5:34:01 AM
welcome to. the cruel world of online dating. its a womans sense of humor to laugh at us poor souls. they wah wah wah about wanting a good man but actually just suckering us to believe that. theyre looking for that fantasy male model with money to take them on wordly trips. dont take this serious my friend. take online dating with a grain of salt.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Lots of views, zero replies.