Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Physical Imperfections      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lorri55
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Physical ImperfectionsPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I had a course of dental treatment recently......both painful and expensive!
My dentist (new to me as I recently moved house) very politely informed me that my bite was 'all wrong'
I have managed fine for the last 54 years , but since her treatment I have been conscious that yes, I do chew with the wrong teeth.
Have any of you put up with little or big 'imperfections' over the years?
Am now planning implants with my pension lump sum
 Bookbelle
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Physical Imperfections
Posted: 11/19/2011 12:44:47 PM
I went to the orthodontist once, when I was 15. He told me I had an "open bite", but that he could fix it by breaking my jaw and resetting it. I did a mental cost-benefit analysis... and figured that I was fine with the open bite. It's never really caused me any problems, so I didn't see the point in putting myself through the pain to "fix" it.
Meh, at the end of the day it's down to personal choice.
 MikeWM
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Physical Imperfections
Posted: 11/19/2011 2:01:40 PM
I did consider getting rid of all of my imperfections of both a physical and psychological nature in one foul swoop

Then decided that self cremation was a bit excessive so I chose to get used to them instead
 MikeWM
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Physical Imperfections
Posted: 11/19/2011 2:06:49 PM

It's people that are ugly on the inside I avoid

I used to try and avoid them too

But for some bizarre reason the courts take a very dim view of taking scalpels and potato peelers to a first date so you can see if theyre "ugly on the inside"

Flippin nanny state nonsense
 Lorri55
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Physical Imperfections
Posted: 11/19/2011 2:09:31 PM
On the curly/straight theme..........I used to have poker stright hair but as I got older and needed to cover up the grey (I am naturally dark brown), blow me it has developed a curl. I quite like it!
My daughter has an underbite......had all the orthodontic work and even considered surgery which would involve breaking and resetting her jaw. You can imagine how relieved I was when she decided not to go down that road. Having said that she suffers extreme pain in cold weather and has recently said that she might still consider it.
 MikeWM
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Physical Imperfections
Posted: 11/20/2011 11:53:42 AM
Big noses are really attractive on tall women

If you forget your umbrella and it rains you can just stand under it, or in the summer its a ready made sunshade

MikeWM
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Physical Imperfections
Posted: 11/20/2011 12:16:04 PM
Not biting sorry

I'm sure there will be plenty of pathetic arse kissers along soon enough to shower you with complimentary comments to the contrary but I'm gonna bite my tongue

On the bright side though, having a more pronounced conk would also act as a built in depth guage and would minimise the chance of accidentally gagging during fellatio

Silver linings and all that
 Lorri55
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Physical Imperfections
Posted: 11/20/2011 12:40:50 PM
My whole family have small arses...my son calls us 'The Arseless Family'!!
My partner , bless him , has very big hands .......laughs in a kind way when he tries to grab a handful and misses hehehe!
 MikeWM
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Physical Imperfections
Posted: 11/21/2011 5:10:29 AM
I actually dated someone for quite a while who had a severe Barbara Striesand thing going on in the nose department but at the time she was the walking definition of edible scrumptiousness as far as I was concerned

A few years later when she took out a loan to have her "jew nose" reduced (her words) she was still very pretty, but didnt seem "as pretty" to me, even though I suspect had I seen the two variations side by side at the start I would probably have prefered the smaller nose

Funny how the mind works
 MikeWM
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Physical Imperfections
Posted: 11/22/2011 7:29:57 AM
I have a microscope for proudly admiring mine

But I have no idea what people who arent called Mike would have to use
 MikeWM
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Physical Imperfections
Posted: 11/22/2011 9:50:30 AM

Do you think small willies are a physical imperfection ?

Theres bound to be SOME situations where they would be an advantage

but the only ones I can think of would be when crawling through a minefield, when being tied naked to a log overhanging a pit of hungry dogs or when an enexpected lightning storm appears at a nudist camp

The rest of the time its going to be as desireable as an oversized fanny would be I'd imagine and for the same reasons
 POFfiend
Msg: 13
Physical Imperfections
Posted: 2/26/2013 3:25:15 AM
It is really good when we learn to live with and love our imperfections and extend that kindness to those around us. Most of them are minor really.

I have loads I think but I am usually okay with them. I know when I've found the right man, he will accept me exactly as I am, imperfections and all. And be bloody glad for every part of me.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Physical Imperfections
Posted: 2/26/2013 3:31:06 AM

I am losing my hair and lean.

In which direction? Sorry; couldn't resist it ;o)
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Physical Imperfections
Posted: 2/26/2013 6:14:17 PM
the only thing about myself i dont like, is my face, even though its been some 25 yrs now, unfortunately, they hav`nt invented a magic wand yet hahahahaha :O)
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Physical Imperfections
Posted: 2/27/2013 3:48:20 AM
I have psoriasis. It's not nice to look at and quite off putting. I feel prohibited from doing all sorts of things and the stuff from the doc only changes it from scales to red patches. Lurgy city yuk.
 POFfiend
Msg: 17
Physical Imperfections
Posted: 2/27/2013 3:59:46 AM
If it is a medical condition or a 'DNA glitch', it is sometimes how a person presents their 'imperfection'. If you show that you have accepted it and explain the issue in a matter of fact way, people response likewise.

After all there is nothing you can do about it, it is not something you would have chosen, and should not define you and is not (hopefully) the most interesting thing about you.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Physical Imperfections
Posted: 2/27/2013 4:02:04 AM
I am no longer sure if I have a berth mark on my scrote or its scare tissue from being kicked so many times?
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Physical Imperfections
Posted: 2/27/2013 10:13:16 AM
I'm short sighted so wear contacts/glasses. That is all.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Physical Imperfections
Posted: 2/27/2013 3:38:39 PM
^^^^ Gone are the years when I rejected the women that I would have snapped up now. That feeling has been with me from the time I split with my ex wife 6 years ago. I just hoped that who I met would except that I was not what I was at 24 ( the last time I had dated).
A common "imperfection" that women felt uneasy about that I met was stretch marks from childbirth. I loved singling these spots out for attention too.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Physical Imperfections