Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > first date from this site set up for this sunday      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 skittleguyaz
Msg: 1
first date from this site set up for this sundayPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Hey anyone have any pointers on how to act on a first meeting from a online dating site? I have a first date set for this sunday and i'm just a little anxious i've never done anything like a online dating before.
Should I bring some roses or candies on the first date, or should I just come without anything and take it as a meet and greet type thing. Thanks any pointers would be helpful.
first date from this site set up for this sunday
Posted: 11/22/2011 3:15:10 PM
a box of ammo makes a great little opening gift. nothing centerfire, though - too forward. some nice .22 LR, maybe hollowpoints if you're feeling bold.
Posted: 11/22/2011 4:50:55 PM

some nice .22 LR, maybe hollowpoints if you're feeling bold.

I would love this!

Posted: 11/25/2011 7:33:37 PM

Christ is pretty known for making great, instructive comments and I am pretty sure that he does not go and check if they are 'newbies' before he decides what to post.

I was joking too, and referring to something else too,
and I'm pretty sure Christ knows it (as He knows most things)
I am a fan of His writing

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!
 OutMind
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/25/2011 9:36:31 PM
Do not be yourself. Bring her diamonds. Tell her that you love her right away. Bring a bridal magazine and one showing babys.

Better yet, bring photos of women you had wish you had dated but never did.

Okay, re-start. Just be yourself. No gifts. Do not oversell yourself. If you asked her out, pay for it. Have fun. What that means is that if you don't completely like her, keep it short. If you dig her and she digs you. again have fun. Don't push too far on a first date. Just get a feeling. I don't like coffee dates myself, but realize that the real date is the second one.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > first date from this site set up for this sunday