Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > He propositioned my 21 year old daughter      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 3
view profile
History
He propositioned my 21 year old daughterPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Give your daughter kudos for reporting in to you. There are some really creepy people out there, and lots of them learned at an early age, how to APPEAR to be very upstanding, confident, and trustworthy folks.

And thanks for the don'tdatehim thing, happily, I don't show up there. Yet.
 laskoboo
Msg: 5
view profile
History
He propositioned my 21 year old daughter
Posted: 11/30/2011 3:46:53 AM
Some men use women to get to their kids, even adult kids.... daughters. Least she told you and he was busted. She is legally an adult so nothing you can do but dump him. He is guilty of no crime, just being an immoral, decietful jerk. he is pathetic
 laskoboo
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2011 5:29:04 AM
A woman I work with who is close to my age, she stated dating and met a man, in his late 40's........ eventually he moved in with her and her 18 year old daughher, and he ended up moving out with her then 19 year old daughter. he eventually married the daughter. The daughter also will not speak to the mother now and wants nothing to do witrh her.

Thats just brutal stuff... and my friend is very jaded now. Can't say I blame her.

Guess the lesson to be learned is either wait till your kids are grown and out of the house to date or don't bring dates around your kids.
 Paderic
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/30/2011 5:43:00 AM
He's scum. Forget about him.
 laskoboo
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2011 6:00:24 AM
I am happy your daughter told you.. or at least was not attracted to him. Be sure to tell her you admire her honesty and talk to her about scum bag men !
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/30/2011 6:31:52 AM
I would have been shocked it that happened to me!

Smart young lady you have there.

Shows that you both care for one another.

ur at least 55..why did you cougar him?? IMO it was ur fault..u brought him to your house (front door) on the first date..not a good thing with minors in the house.

^^^
Few marbles loose there ... eh chef?
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/30/2011 7:03:38 AM
There should be a RONKO-MATIC D!CK SLICER for PIGS LIKE HIM...slice off a bit each time till nothing is left
Most men don't deserve this, I probably just scared off most men & the few left just passed out thinking about it, sorry
 browneyesboo
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/30/2011 7:39:19 AM

ur at least 55..why did you cougar him?? IMO it was ur fault..u brought him to your house (front door) on the first date..not a good thing with minors in the house.

Cougar him? ahahahahahahahahaha! Jaysus.
21 is not a minor, that's a young adult. The guy was 50 and propositioned her
after meeting her mother. He's a douche. Not sure why you're defending him,
but I would say this speaks a lot to your character as well.
 Miss W
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/30/2011 8:43:29 AM

ur at least 55..why did you cougar him??

This comment reeks of ignorance and I'm not even going to address this.

You definitely dodged a bullet, OP. It is a good thing that you have an excellent relationship with your daughter and that she feels comfortable enough to tell you. What a terrible situation for both of you but at least you nipped it in the bud. Best to you both.
 c_deacon
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2011 9:19:03 AM
I have had some women that I have dated over the years that were in their late 30's and 40's, that would tell me that my son looked just like a younger version of me, and if they were not dating me, he would be tempting.....

He was 18 then and almost 23 now, and the thought of that makes me cringe, but I do know that fantasies exist for most, but acting on them is nothing more than perverted, and maybe that is what divides those of us that have some class, from those who have little to none. Seeing someone young and attractive is one thing, but acting on it, another!!..

I am glad OP, that you have a good relationship with your daughter, and that the two of your can talk about things like that, and know the proper ways to handle those that have no idea of who or what they are or what they are doing.

My rule with my son is that I will not date anyone young enough for him to be dating, and he will not date anyone old enough to be dating me......and, we are happy to talk about it, and laugh together at those stories that we both can share with each other.

cd............
 Moonchild51
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2011 9:51:47 AM

My rule with my son is that I will not date anyone young enough for him to be dating, and he will not date anyone old enough to be dating me......and, we are happy to talk about it, and laugh together at those stories that we both can share with each other.

I live by similar rule with my two kidlets Mr. Deac....a good one to implement for sure. Sometimes what people post here amazes, no waits, stuns me! The things that some people do without any thought for others. Thankfully OP, as others have said, your lil gal was mature enough and loved you enough to care and let you know what this person was all about. Good God!
 aboutgettingby
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/30/2011 11:40:39 AM

Few marbles loose there ... eh chef?
That convertible is probably a pedal job. Less dangerous when the impaired is driving.

The original post is sad, some of the comments are absolutely wonderfull. Made my day.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2011 2:12:47 PM
OP..that guy as about as much class as a Bus Stop bathroom.

And kudos to your daughter.
 southmeetswest
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2011 10:05:20 PM
you're kidding, right?
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/30/2011 10:47:42 PM
ur at least 55..why did you cougar him??

You've got to be kidding...five years difference in age and you're labeling her a cougar. What I find even stranger is the fact that you've said nothing about a 50 year old man propositioning a 21 year old. Now that is inappropriate. *Shakes head*
One thing OP....I agree with a few others in that I don't think it was a good idea to give him so much personal information. You were only just getting to know him. Now he has your address, telephone number and don't know what other stuff he got off of FB.
Anyhow, I'm sure you're regretting that as well. Probably a lesson learned in all of this.

...mae
 Moonchild51
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 8:45:57 AM
Rec, all due respect? You did insinuate that is what happened here! Not that I don't believe what you say to be true...on this site anything goes I am finding.
 c_deacon
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 9:06:40 AM
There are enough creeps and stalkers out there to warrant being careful all the time. Does not mean that you do not proceed, just means that you take each step carefully.

I know my son well enough to understand if he is telling me something, and I will assume that the OP knows her daughter just as well. Of course, it is always best to take the time to know what is, compared to what is not, but that should have started in the beginning with this man as the OP let him in her life.

Even with being careful and trying hard to protect yourself and all those around you, some just find ways to continue to be creeps and stalkers. I still have a couple that will drive by my home, or sit on my steps every so often, and I was very careful and thought them just as normal as others I have dated..........so it is always better to stay on the careful side with those you are getting to know.

By the way Moonie and Mae.....you two have to stop that!!.....

cd..............
 Moonchild51
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 9:48:37 AM

By the way Moonie and Mae.....you two have to stop that!!.....

^^ What the heck did Miss Mae an I do Mr. Deac?

rearguard*2
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 9:55:46 AM
Now Mr. D, I can't imagine I would be complaining is Mae and Ms Moon were stalking me......

Well, perhaps if both at the same time....
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/1/2011 11:03:25 AM

Now Mr. D, I can't imagine I would be complaining is Mae and Ms Moon were stalking me......

...Stalking. No, no, no....Did you see me, can you prove it? I think not. For one thing..I wouldn't do that....I just wouldn't want to risk being called "a cougar" :(

...mae
 c_deacon
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 11:53:34 AM
But Mae....that is one reason I like you so much....You want to rob my cradle!!....

OT...........I have always said from the beginning, that placing pictures of your children on a site like this, is just messing with fire. This site should be about you and not your kids, and being a good parent means much more than sharing your children on sites like POF and FB.

If you want to share personal parts of your life, know who you are sharing with before you let them into private parts reserved for family and close friends. I am sorry that this happened to the OP, and I am also sorry that she did not take the opportunity to make it a learning experience for him, and one that he will not ever forget! He needs to be told to look but never consider more, and never ever mess with family!!

cd.............
 wooliepack
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 10:38:41 PM
Something that riles me to no end is when women post pics of themselves here WITH their attractive daughters. Children generally should not appear on here.
My sis-in-law has a PoF profile and she "gets it". Her daughter is a cherub-faced blonde haired girl, the type moms become paranoid about, and mom is paranoid.
 TryAgan
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 10:48:14 PM

Something that riles me to no end is when women post pics of themselves here WITH their attractive daughters.

Yeah - Daughters, mothers, cats, dogs, parrots, horses, dolphins, and bronze statues.
 JAXDiver
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2011 12:18:56 AM
WOW! It takes all kinds in this world.

There should be a RONKO-MATIC D!CK SLICER for PIGS LIKE HIM...slice off a bit each time till nothing is left
Most men don't deserve this, I probably just scared off most men & the few left just passed out thinking about it, sorry

Note to self: Hold onto your jewelry around this one! LOL
 Giggles10000
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/3/2011 9:04:18 PM
Op, you raised your daughter to have self-respect...that is why she immediately told you and for that you are to be congratulated. Please understand that while some feel that social media allows pervs into our lives, the pervs are going to be there, it takes raising our children in a wise manner, your daughter and you grew from this so while it sucks that it happened, I bet the two of you are closer than ever. There is a difference between protecting your children and isolating them, you have to prepare them for individuals like this and OP you did just that and your daughter handled it perfectly!

When I was 20 I was looking for an apartment and my mom must have mentioned it to the owner of the company where she had worked for over 15 years! My brother was in from college and we were out at a bar and ran into the owner who said he had an apartment I might be interested in, (it was creepy just seeing him out at the bar) but I was like ok, Ill mention to my mom, and he flat out said "It's not the type of arrangement you will want to tell your mom about." My poor brother just stood there..he was 6'4 and the owner was at the most 5'7. He said all he could think is if I hit him my mom will loose her job. I just replied, "I don't need that type of arrangement." It felt good standing up to him on my own. It felt good knowing that my brother and mother had my back.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > He propositioned my 21 year old daughter