Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > What is the first physical thing you look for in a partner?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 laskoboo
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What is the first physical thing you look for in a partner?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
first would be physcially.. is he clean, neat in appearance? or does he look like he just rolled out of bed with dirty wrinkled clothing... after hygine his hair, nails, clothing, teeth....( combed, groomed, clean or grungy??) then I look at face/ build and his eyes and smile.
Pretty much in that order... that comes first because if there is no attraction, there is no attraction and it won't matter if he is nice, funny or smart if I find him unacceptable on the basic level. All those things come FIRST, not just one, but the whole package as to if he is neat, clean and smells decent or forget it.
 Hilly02
Msg: 3
What is the first physical thing you look for in a partner?
Posted: 11/30/2011 3:17:16 PM
It can be anything really and not always the same thing with everyone. Just something that makes you go wow and takes your breath away. Most recently for me it was a smile......I melt instantly and roll over when he flashes me his cheeky grin.....and damn him he knows it. Unfair advantages like that should be banned.
 smothy
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/30/2011 5:46:55 PM
Breathing with a pulse
Height and size[Is 16 the new average]
Eyes and smile
Longish hair a plus
A mind a must.
an outdoorsy attitude
and a sexy husky voice
The rest rich, harbor side residence the car and of course the Yacht are optional.
Also must find me attractive funny and stimulating

All applicants can apply to my home page
yes i do need
 qldblue
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/30/2011 11:43:13 PM
If we are talking about on PoF then for me it is the smile, a smile that is natural not forced.

Hopefully they post on the forums so I can guage their likes, dislikes, humour and in some cases their attitude as some people after posting do reveal a bit more than they at first project.

Profiles aren't much to go on as for the majority of, in my case, women want someone between Bill Gates and Steve Jobs for the financial side of things.
 Tah,
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/1/2011 12:45:27 AM
Someone mentioned the aura of someone, well i find the aura of cowgirls extremely stimulating...as some are just so comftable in the clothes they tend to wear and those clothes are what does it for me

If i had to choose a body part, arse and legs....

Someone mentioned rolling over with a cheeky grin, me its that exhausted beam that i remember and remember......and remember some more....

If i had to choose words it would be some who could talk like a princess but drink like todd river local....
 Akizzej
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/1/2011 12:57:43 AM
It can be anything really and not always the same thing with everyone. Just something that makes you go wow and takes your breath away. Most recently for me it was a smile......
and damn him he knows it. Unfair advantages like that should be banned.

You got one of those too Hilly??

I admit it here - recently I've been sappy sucker punched... He's not my 'normal' type... and I just get this sorta 'irregularity' when I think about 'him'. {damn, that doesn't compute with my normal 'logical' self} I also think he's milking it for all it's worth too. Going to be hard on me with a few things happening in the future.

on topic though, Yes, it can be 'anything'... or nothing at all... I once fell for a guy - he didn't have to say a word, he was 'crafting' and just watching his hands manipulating folds in a piece of foil... I was mesmerised...
Another time, it was a zap of what I know was 'static' electricity but for that moment, it was well, obviously... electric {Hey, I know, it's bad}
There was even the gal one time, she really really would have made it easy to switch teams... was something in her whole connectedness within herself. {and her girlfriend was darned lucky to have her commitment too}

Aaaah,
 ocrikeymikey
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 5:57:08 AM
Eyes! Not so much in a profile pic,but in person you can definitely tell if theres something going on inside from someones eyes. Id say that Elle Macphersons greatest physical feature is her eyes....though Im not professing to being a saint,Ive looked at the rest of the package too!! lol
But theres a glint and a warmth in Elles eyes! ;)
Im having a tremendous amount of trouble finding her profile on here though! :(

My great 'missed opportunity' was with a girl who could tie my heart in knots that a 50 year sailor would be proud of just by making eye contact with her when we talked!
Shes married with kids and living in London now apparently....BLOODY POMS!! lol
 gingerosity
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2011 5:41:57 AM
Probably just that the ad matches the product. If it doesn't I'll demand an exchange or my money back, otherwise I'll be straight to the ACCC to complain.
 gingerosity
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2011 1:34:18 AM
So shall we see what is the verdict here? It looks like it was a close contest, but after a recount and the deciding vote of the chair... the eyes have it.
 warrenv1.0
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/19/2011 4:22:44 PM
For me, it's the lips first, then the eyes, as photographs are just an instant in time its difficult to tell much until you meet up and then it's the body language. I agree that the butt is the clincher, in the end...
 gingerosity
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2011 3:58:10 AM
Welcome to the forums, redmnms.

Do you mean that they have hands? Or that their hands have certain qualities?? Is it to guard against inbred Tasmanians? No more than five digits per hand, that sort of thing?
 gingerosity
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2011 4:12:53 AM
Ah yes, the good-provider-for-the-family look. Thats very practical.

'Course, these days you can provide as well with just a callous on one finger from using your mobile phone... but I do understand where you're coming from.
 gingerosity
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2011 4:27:25 AM
Here, have a fish

What, do I look like a seal now? arf, arf.

Flippers and a fur are probably not on many people's list of physical things they look for in a partner!
 greyingred
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2012 11:31:38 AM
furry eyeballs swimming with flippers. Yup well after a few on a blind date that is just about how they all look.

Hate to agree with Tah but unless I can sit with comfort within their personal space then don't care how handsome, it's no deal. Not into auras etc but I have found this an accurate assessment especially when they are attractive to me. Though have to say I have a sneaky admiration for long legs and no arse....could be the skill required to walk on those things or could be a suppressed jealousy due to being a shorty.
 ~1happywoman~
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/10/2012 2:29:31 PM
^^^^^ totally and 100% correct on that! Grumpy pictures, ugh!^^^^^^
 Paneah
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2012 2:33:32 PM
I definitely go for lips, then eyes. I guess I am a mouth person, love the look of a man's mouth OMG!! If we meet in person, the smell, something about the smell of a man!!!
 Hapkiddo
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 5:07:38 PM
In this order:
gender, then
face, then
figure.
After that, it is, are we able to hold a sociable conversation? Then, can I make her laugh?
 tensail
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/3/2012 10:49:11 PM
bum, titis, eyes
 Duchess68
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/18/2012 4:16:50 AM
I love that song :)
 Duchess68
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/18/2012 4:19:42 AM
The first thing I notice about a guy is his height, tall guys just have "it", around six foot, broad shoulders, nice butt. cheeky grin (yep agreed it should be illegal), dark hair, eye colour doesn't matter so much but a smile in them is important and I do like a wicked sense of humour.
 tensail
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/21/2012 10:21:56 PM
thats cause ur insecure.
 LoveSoulLife
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/7/2013 9:08:06 PM
lol arf arf

I am a sucker for a nice smile and eyes I can melt into. The rest is nothing compared to those 2 things for me physically.
 peony-rose
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/7/2013 9:34:18 PM
Tall dark and handsome will do it for me every time.

Realistically though, on POF it is eyes more than a smile. Sexy eyes don't always need a smile to go with them.

In person on a first meeting for me - mannerisms have a lot to do with it. Seeing a guy nervous about meeting is such an appealing thing. Of course this is provided he fits what was presented in his profile. Deceitfulness is a complete turn-off.
 Nonz81
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/8/2013 1:06:44 AM
Overweight is a big turn off. Smile is always catchy
 AlwaysMoreHope
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/9/2013 5:08:08 PM
No excuse for grumpy pics... plenty of things in the world to make one smile or laugh..
just think of something that had you ROFL... humor me! your attitude is the most powerful thing you have...
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > What is the first physical thing you look for in a partner?