Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Has Anyone Here Found Love on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 911love
Msg: 1
Has Anyone Here Found Love on POF?Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I think this whole online dating isnt all that its cracked up to be. Has anyone here met anyone on POF and like got married or had long term relationship? Or is it more like that show The Bachelor where you meet so many then pick one only to break up 3 months down the road?
 christyis4real
Msg: 2
Has Anyone Here Found Love on POF?
Posted: 12/1/2011 1:15:46 PM
I met my last bf here, and we were together 2 years,
 OyVay...
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/1/2011 1:19:28 PM
There's a list under testimonials that lists successful couples, only 4 or 500 pages worth.

Like all things, you have to patient and be in it to win it!
 carolann0308
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 1:23:56 PM
Count me in, I met the BF here.
 Giggles10000
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/1/2011 1:25:19 PM
Op, your headline says "Husband Hunting". That would scare me off of a guy if he had "Wife Hunting". While marriage might be the goal it sorta sounds like you want "a warm body to marry" vs the right man. I have had several men tell me that is how woman make them feel, they don't care that much about the man as long as they snag one. without a man in their life they feel incomplete.

Remember when you were in your teens and 20's, did every relationship you got into last forever? I think people have unreal expectations of online dating...we think we will find the ONE but don't wish to bother going thru the legwork to get there...snap your fingers and instant husband!

But yes I did meet my boyfriend on POF 3 years ago.
 jojoaus
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 1:30:27 PM
yes. Twice Or doesn't it count unless it is a til death us do part deal? I had a 2 year relationship from here and have just recently moved in with the second fish from this pond. There are lots of great guys out there, both IRL and on line. Just don't have unreal expectations- we are all flawed to some degree.
 carptopus
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/1/2011 1:37:26 PM

Yes.
It was in the Witness Protection Program.
Thanks for outing it.
Now Fat Tony is going to come for it.

I think this whole online dating isnt all that its cracked up to be.

You under the illusion this is some kind of service?

Has anyone here met anyone on POF and like got married or had long term relationship?

Yes. At least lots of people type they have. But why they would still be here is beyond me, despite the hollow sounding rationalizing put forth.
Okay, it's not, but that would just be going off topic.

is it more like that show The Bachelor where you meet so many then pick one only to break up 3 months down the road?

Isn't that how the majority of anyone's relationships in life go?
You could describe college that way.
You expecting to meet "the one" on your very first attempt?
 911love
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/1/2011 1:42:22 PM

Op, your headline says "Husband Hunting". That would scare me off of a guy if he had "Wife Hunting". .

Are you kidding? You know how many hits I got from that? LOL! I anit changing it. That is what I am looking for.
 walkingtall38
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/1/2011 1:44:20 PM
Hits doesn't equate to quality. I mean if you're asking about this my guess is that things aren't faring well so far.

Might find a different quality of man with a different type of profile. Up to you though.
 911love
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/1/2011 1:46:02 PM
i had other headlines before. this one is the best so far.
 c_deacon
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 1:48:01 PM
I have met some from here that are now good friends, and a couple that I have had a relationship with, but their needs, wants and desires did not match mine long term, so on they went "husband hunting"............

This thing called dating and relationships is kind of like looking for sea shells on the beach......on and on they are there, but finding the one(s) you want to keep for yourself, takes a very long time. I am much more into picking up the ones that attract me, enjoying them, and if another comes along that I like just as well or better, then one must make that decision.

You see.....the beach is white, the sun nice, and the weather just right to enjoy that search, but at any time, a storm may blow in, the weather changes, rain falls, winter comes, on and on. I would rather just enjoy today, the good weather, and the beach as I search, and not always think about tomorrow, and how far down that beach I have to go in order to find just the right sea shell!!

cd............
 laughtostayyoung
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/1/2011 2:02:42 PM
911love - why do you say it is "the best so far"?
What are you measuring?
number of responses?
as mentioned before, QUANTITY of responses does not indicate the QUALITY of those responses.
I can see where when using a dating website it is hard enough to find a DATE - let alone a long term commitment a spouse or true love.
I would speculate that a majority of those here are using the site for companionship and friendship and sex. If love is the byproduct than great.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/1/2011 2:07:57 PM
My daughter met the most amazing man on this site
They are now a couple and looking towards a future together.

So Yes Virgina ... it does happen.
 ForumsGee
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/1/2011 2:12:51 PM
Umm......NO !!!!
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/1/2011 2:28:27 PM
Not me BUT - my long-time friend met a wonderful lady on here. I was at their wedding in August 2011.
 abelian
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/1/2011 2:29:16 PM

Has anyone here met anyone on POF and like got married or had long term relationship?

I've been dating a woman I met here for 2 1/2 years to whom I'm engaged.

Or is it more like that show The Bachelor where you meet so many then pick one only to break up 3 months down the road?

Finding someone requires some effort and risk on your part. Relationships last as long as they last. Few people get into one much less get married with the expectation it won't last, yet most don't last. If you get into one that lasts 3 months, so what? If it lasted three months, it couldn't have been completely horrible unless you allowed it to be for as long as it lasted. If you're unwilling to make a go of a relationship without having a gaurantee of forever or your money back, then no, you aren't going to find someone, unless a miracle occurs.
 sschooly
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/1/2011 2:34:50 PM
Nope. But my aunt (who is a few months older than me) met her husband online about 9 years ago and they're still married. It's not unheard of, just rare.
 curlygrl
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 2:35:39 PM
Four years together.

Two we lived together.

Now single.

Maybe I should try "rich husband that's
not impotent hunting".

Nahhh...

Op- good luck. Your headline is fine.

Have fun. I hope you meet him.
 Buckets_of_Sky
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/1/2011 2:37:20 PM
Yep, met one and was together for 2 years. Stuff happens.

But OP, I read your profile and it is all sorts of wrong! No man would be attracted to a women with such an attitude of entitlement and demands. If you are having trouble even getting a Mister Man to drop you a note, then you need to get busy on a new profile.
 911love
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/1/2011 2:48:55 PM

I read your profile and it is all sorts of wrong! No man would be attracted to a women with such an attitude of entitlement and demands. If you are having trouble even getting a Mister Man to drop you a note, then you need to get busy on a new profile.

What? LOL! If a guy can't meet at least those standards then I would not want him anyhow!
 etb72
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/1/2011 3:12:37 PM
i thought i found love on here but i didnt!and since i tried to email people that there profile says there wholeheartly christians but wont email me back!
 Pingshooter
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 3:37:46 PM
Girl..you've been here what..less than a week?

Give it some time. Don't go 10-7 already..geezz..
 Capn_America
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/1/2011 3:40:39 PM

I think those are fake to be honest lol

LMAO. A woman with insight. They quite probably are, like those ads on tv. Come on people
 StealthyNinjaKitty
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/1/2011 3:46:52 PM
My oldest stepson met his wife here about 3 years ago, and they're adorable together; even more so now, with my granddaughter that just turned 1. So yes, it happens...but I think it's fewer and further between than most people would like or want it to be.

I wonder how many of those testimonials thought they found the perfect mate, cancelled their POF account, and end up back here eventually anyway...?
 Buckets_of_Sky
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/1/2011 3:47:06 PM
What? LOL! If a guy can't meet at least those standards then I would not want him anyhow!

Yeah, you can put that you don't want or what 'they' must be or must do in your profile it is your prerogative certainly, but if it is not working for you then why wouldn't you try and change the thing that maybe working against you? Yes, you queried the POF masses for their stories on finding love, or in your case not finding it. But it was just a round about way of asking the 'why' you aren't successful, without the courage of actually admitting that you want help. So LOL if you want, but don't go and act all indignant when someone offers some insight.

Just how I see your post.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Has Anyone Here Found Love on POF?