Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > A "Thank you" after sex? Women chime in/ men: experience?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rangerdriver
Msg: 1
A "Thank you" after sex? Women chime in/ men: experience?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I've been with a few women, who after the first time we have had sex, either kissed or didn't kiss me, and proceeded to say thank you.
To me this is a huge turn off and makes me feel more like a piece of meat, than a human being.
The few times it has happened it's always on the first time, and I get real weirded out and end up breaking it off with them a few days later. I just can't see having sex again if I'm going to feel like I'm providing a service, I wouldn't be in to it.
So ladies, have you said this? Why?
Men, have you been thanked? Have you ever had a reason, and how do you feel?
 dimar
Msg: 2
view profile
History
A Thank you after sex? Women chime in/ men: experience?
Posted: 12/1/2011 3:48:47 PM
You probably gave them an orgasm and they are thanking you. I would just say, 'no problem lady.'
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/1/2011 3:50:42 PM
well yes I have.
The proper response is:
"you're welcome"
or something deeper or wittier if you wish.

If you are breaking it off just cus a girl shows some appreciation
you should date some really really mean girls.
tons about.

But seriously...
...you
......are
........being
..............very
...................silly.
 coyotefeller
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/1/2011 3:50:57 PM
I think it's polite, nice, and says
just how you feel after a satisfying
F uck ! ....on a first time f uck it tells
you she got what she needed....you
young guys should lighten up a bit!
 Buckets_of_Sky
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/1/2011 4:06:03 PM

I've been with a few women, who after the first time we have had sex, either kissed or didn't kiss me, and proceeded to say thank you. To me this is a huge turn off and makes me feel more like a piece of meat, than a human being.
The few times it has happened it's always on the first time, and I get real weirded out and end up breaking it off with them a few days later. I just can't see having sex again if I'm going to feel like I'm providing a service, I wouldn't be in to it.

Man oh man, you just can't please some people....
 christyis4real
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/1/2011 4:09:48 PM
She should have gotten up, put her clothes back on, laid a 20 dollar bill on your dresser and said "later".

Maybe that would have been more of a turn on for ya.

SpecificTruths
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/1/2011 4:20:39 PM
Dude, when I hear that, I think "yes! She came!"

What else is there to think?

I would feel much worse, much more weirded out if she said "sorry"
 Rangerdriver
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/1/2011 4:22:33 PM
Well, the first couple thank yous were simply older women(28-30) looking to just get some, I'm not easy. Just like a women, you gotta work for it(I know sounds bad). So after a few dates I really thought they were into me. So it happened, then BAM! Thank you. No after sex cuddle, just an excuse to say I have to leave soon, like I've got work early.
I guess I should have clarified what happened in the past that has made me think this way.
I'm just sick of being strung along, just like any girl is. Hell, I'll screw you if that all you want from me, don't drag me along and make me have feelings for you and think it's going somewhere.
 abelian
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/1/2011 4:36:35 PM

To me this is a huge turn off and makes me feel more like a piece of meat, than a human being.

Unfortunately, I've never had that experience, although I'd like to because it would be sort of turn on to be seen like a piece of meet for a change.

if I'm going to feel like I'm providing a service, I wouldn't be in to it.

If I felt like I was providing a service, I'd just ask for cash.

Men, have you been thanked?

Probably - when I left a tip.
 christyis4real
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/1/2011 4:41:12 PM

Well, the first couple thank yous were simply older women(28-30) looking to just get some, I'm not easy. Just like a women, you gotta work for it(I know sounds bad). So after a few dates I really thought they were into me. So it happened, then BAM! Thank you. No after sex cuddle, just an excuse to say I have to leave soon, like I've got work early.
I guess I should have clarified what happened in the past that has made me think this way.
I'm just sick of being strung along, just like any girl is. Hell, I'll screw you if that all you want from me, don't drag me along and make me have feelings for you and think it's going somewhere.

Always helps to have a little more info so we know where you are coming from. ;)

The only time I have ever given a "thank you" is if the sex was extremely awesome. usually a giggle followed the "thank you". Maybe you should hold out a bit longer before giving it up to make sure that the chick is REALLY digging you for everything you have to offer.
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/1/2011 4:42:50 PM
I'm with the op here. It's a stupid thing to thank someone for. Anyone who would say that after the act, I would think is immature. Or worse, deliberatley trying to rub me the wrong way in the hopes that it would turn me off. And then it may reassure them that I was just a one night stand. Oh, and for the record...I can't recall any women ever telling me that after sex.
 Capn_America
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/1/2011 4:53:47 PM
Well, my reaction would have been:

"Don't thank me, the night is still young"

But usually they are in the vaps or too breathless to say much (either in ectasy or in horror, thats open for debate) ;-)
 coyotefeller
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/1/2011 4:56:28 PM
Well I'm glad to see christyis4real saw
what I saw and isn't sarcastic at ALL ! lol
 StealthyNinjaKitty
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/1/2011 4:58:11 PM
After years of unsatisfying sex during my marriage, I will admit that I thanked the first man that rocked my world after my divorce...I really thought for the longest time that I wasn't attractive or desirable. It had nothing to do with treating him like a piece of meat or a one night stand, because he was neither, but more of a relief that I could attract a man and have mind-blowing sex that lasted longer than a commercial break.
 Capn_America
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/1/2011 5:01:41 PM

After years of unsatisfying sex during my marriage, I will admit that I thanked the first man that rocked my world after my divorce...I really thought for the longest time that I wasn't attractive or desirable. It had nothing to do with treating him like a piece of meat or a one night stand, because he was neither, but more of a relief that I could attract a man and have mind-blowing sex that lasted longer than a commercial break

LOL Awww...my heart goes out to you, kitty!
 MikeWM
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 5:06:47 PM
I cant remember ever saying this tbh, but have had at least two women say it and it didnt phase me at all either positively or negatively

Its probably LOADS better than holding up score cards though

I wont be doing that again anytime soon
 StealthyNinjaKitty
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/1/2011 5:11:01 PM
LOL Awww...my heart goes out to you, kitty!
Thanks, sugar, but it shouldn't, I really enjoyed my "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" moment!

Its probably LOADS better than holding up score cards though
Did they make an Olympic event and I didn't hear about it?
 msbmarie
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/1/2011 5:13:41 PM
I have been thanked before. It wasn't weird because it wasn't the first time either, but it was more of a "I was out on deployment for six months, thank you for making the time to see me on such short notice" kind of thing. If you are worried about girls stringing you along and waiting to have sex just to end up feeling used and like a piece of meat, now you know how women have felt for years. Maybe it's the way you have sex with them the first time. Are you being too rough or too aggressive or making them orgasm mulitiple times and they just feel like oh man I can never top this experience? Maybe you just aren't dating the right kind of women. I hope you figure it out and why don't you try saying thank you first next time!
 PoeticPatriot
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/1/2011 5:14:59 PM
If he's dumping women for thanking him after sex, I wonder what he'd do if they began purchasing him gifts. Are you not use to women appreciating your love making skills? Do women normally not achieve orgasms when they're with you? This kinda reminds me of football where guys like Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice knew how to act and were graceful after they scored because they've been there before and were use to it, but when some offensive lineman scores, he doesn't know how to react.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/1/2011 6:01:24 PM

I've been with a few women, who after the first time we have had sex, either kissed or didn't kiss me, and proceeded to say thank you.

How awkward/odd/strange. I'd only thank you if you brought me a sandwich on the way over.

Are you serious? I'd probably tell a guy to thank himself because hopefully we both got something out of it.

So ladies, have you said this? Why?

Hell no. LOL...I'm not sure if I could do that with a straight face.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 6:15:48 PM

So.. you are getting upset at them not for the "thank you" but because they played you? Huh. Sounds like what a lot of women have been through. Don't give your heart away so easily.

Play your cards face up, take your time getting them in the bedroom, and just because she has sex doesn't mean she loves you. I got "red flag chills" reading your post...

I almost ALWAYS say thank you. I'm polite like that. Plus I want him to know for a fact how much I apreciate his efforts because sometimes he's not getting his. Mostly though, I say thank you for his time.. and making time to spend with me. The whole naked and rolling around for a few hours is just a bonus.

Is it really that different from saying thank you when someone takes you out and pays for dinner, or makes you dinner, or brings you a gift? Really? I don't think so.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 6:38:40 PM
I would blush to be honest.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 6:52:06 PM

I would blush to be honest.

That would be an appropriate response and one that, for me at least, would result in another go 'round.

I like a man that blushes. A lot.
 jmy2x
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/1/2011 7:14:35 PM
I've never actually been thanked but would probably feel the same way you do. It's almost like they're saying, "Thanks, it's been a long time since I've had sex, and I needed to get that out of my system. Now I can go on with my life." My suggestion for women would be that any time they want to thank a guy for sex, a simple, "OMG that was amazing!" will suffice.
 Welsh474
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/1/2011 7:14:41 PM
I remember on particularly satisfying evening with my husband and I got out of bed, stood and applauded.

I think the OP should lighten up. If you don't want the "thank you, gotta go to work tomorrow" maybe plan it a little better so that they don't feel compelled to run.

I have thanked two men for their bedroom skills but it wasn't just for the sex part, it was the entire evening of company, enjoying a meal, great wine, the laughter, good conversation, how they made me feel prior to visiting the bedroom - the whole enchilada. It's ain't just about the O, it's the entire event.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > A "Thank you" after sex? Women chime in/ men: experience?