Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > does mr.right exist      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 2
does mr.right existPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
hmmm

being sooo young and unmarried with a child will be a barrier for you finding mr ""right"" at some level...

maybe you should take a kick back and raise your boy, goto school or whatever and just hang out from time to time with a guy/guys
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 4
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/20/2011 5:29:00 PM
If your last Mr right wasn't right.
I don't think the next will be either.
As we tend to choose the same type over and over.
(human nature)
You are young however so that can change.

To find Mr Right.....
become Miss Right and he will find you.

Continue with schooling.
Raise your kid.
work.
Build a life.
And as you do, you will bump into guys doing the same.
Among those guys you should find what you are seeking.

good luck.
 DomG79
Msg: 5
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/20/2011 5:29:42 PM
I looked in the mirror. Yes, Mr. Right exists.
 StraylightRunn
Msg: 6
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/20/2011 5:30:12 PM
Just in case you weren't getting what he was saying...you're young...stop looking for Mr. Right...he's not going to just show up...date guys you like, don't date guys you don't...it's pretty simple. Focus on you and your kid and not making the perfect relationship. Whether your choose to believe it or not at your age committed relationships tend to fail. So play with the odds, not against them.
 Walts
Msg: 7
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/20/2011 5:33:23 PM
You're 20 years old!!!!! You have a child!!!!! How the phuck can ya be "lonely"??????
Your child will be yours FOREVER, make sure he/she know how important they are by putting them ahead of any man that you "think" could be "Mr.Right". What I am saying to you, is that YOUR child is the only "right" thing you have in your life right now. Make sure you keep it that way.

Oh, give me the addy to your parents. I need to chat them up.

Seriously.
 DomG79
Msg: 11
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/20/2011 5:57:34 PM
She only has one kid. Girls her age where I live have like two or three already. Don't listen to these guys, you are awesome, and you deserve the best man out there.
 Maleman999
Msg: 13
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/20/2011 6:15:44 PM
Mr. Right is my next door neighbor. I showed him your profile and he said you are Miss Wrong, so no match. You will have to settle for Mr. Not-So-Right.
 DomG79
Msg: 14
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/20/2011 6:21:30 PM
Do you live near Ms. Right by chance?
 DomG79
Msg: 17
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/20/2011 6:39:08 PM
OP, you also say you need someone over 6 ft tall. Now, I have looked into cosmetic limb lengthening surgery, but to pay a quarter million USD with the possibility of being deformed isn't worth the risk for someone who is too shallow to like me for the way I am. Not to mention, I am not the one who has a problem with me being short.
 Maleman999
Msg: 19
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/20/2011 6:58:29 PM
Dominic Deville: You would also need a tanning bed because she wants someone who is tanned.

OP: I think you'll eventually find Mr. Right-in about 15 , 16 years or later. Not many guys in your age range want to play daddy, especially with someone else's DNA trophy. Besides, you said your son comes first in your life. That means any Mr. Perfect will be at the bottom of the priority list. No guy is going to want to be a door mat.
 DomG79
Msg: 20
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/20/2011 7:00:54 PM
Dominic Deville: You would also need a tanning bed because she wants someone who is tanned.

That part is taken care of. Good call! Actually, she needs a tanning bed worse than I do.

DomG79
Msg: 23
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/20/2011 9:10:45 PM

Met him yesterday. He's mine! You can't have him.

Actually, I don't recall meeting you yesterday. You sure it was me?
 DomG79
Msg: 30
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/21/2011 2:36:44 AM

Mr. Right does not exist.

Actually, I am right here. You are thinking of Santa.

To the OP, keep your head up. You are a good catch. I've seen girls your age with several kids from different men.
 Maleman999
Msg: 37
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/21/2011 6:21:51 AM

OP: I have a son with my ex who turned out to be a nob.

I'm willing to bet that when you met your ex, you considered him Mr. Right. How well did that turn out? Now he's stuck in your life forever because of the kid. Not only that, you resort to childish name calling because it didn't turn into a fairy tale ending. You might have physical beauty, but your inner beauty is really ugly, which will make any potential Mr. Right run for the hills.
 DomG79
Msg: 41
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/21/2011 1:58:21 PM
Their are a lot of non-believers on this site. Mr. Right exists, I see him in every mirror that I look in. I would find it ironic if all of you non-believers were devoutly religious.

OP, I'm not sure how people are in Liverpool, but where I live you would be very desirable. If you are my age and you still haven't found anyone, then perhaps you have more right to complain. For now, just be the best person that you can possibly be. Be a mother, be their for your son. My mother was a single mother who made the mistake of being with certain men who mistreated her for long periods of time, just because she did not want to be lonely. You deserve better for yourself and for your son. Being alone is better than being mistreated, that is why I ended my last relationship.
 1andOnlyME!
Msg: 44
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/21/2011 5:40:55 PM
If i were you, i would be more worried about the future of the kid, not men. Most men in 20's including myself, would be interested in females with no kids. There will be good ones but hard to come across, so just be patient, don't stress over it.
 mrsforums
Msg: 48
view profile
History
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/21/2011 11:32:24 PM

YES, Mr Right did exist and I was married to him. Lovely man, good father, great husband, loved friend, respected business owner/boss....

and not to speak ill of the dead; but, even MY Mr Right was not what other women would have considered Mr Perfect. Although he could be, bless his cotton socks, a perfect azzhole sometimes! ... he's dead, not a saint.

So, you see, YOUR Mr Right is out there too, just don't be looking for Mr Perfect or his friend Mr Always Right (that guy just gets up everyone's nose!)

MrsF
 forums1
Msg: 49
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/21/2011 11:33:48 PM

No Virginia, there is no Mr Right. In your lifetime you will run into Mr. Thinks He's Right, Mr. I Thought He Was Right and Mr. Dang, I Was Hoping He Was Right. You might actually meet a man who is Mr. Wright.

He's probably living on the Isle of Wight and has trouble with his R's?

Seriously OP, you're 20 and have a child - *most* guys your age aren't looking for "long term" in the first place, much less with a child in the picture. You're looking for the proverbial 'needle in a haystack', as we all are even at my age... we've just maybe refined our 'radar' a bit more over the years. And for most of us we've learned there is no such thing as Mr/Miss "Right" as some idea of "perfection", but more Mr/Miss "someone we can hopefully grow together with, rather than apart".
 Maleman999
Msg: 55
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/23/2011 8:53:38 AM

OP's profile:
I like to be independant... I want to looked after and cared for

Contradict yourself much? You say you're independent, but you want a sugar daddy to take care of you. Sugar daddies are not going to be interested in supporting a single mother who has a baby from someone else. If you really were independent, you would find a way to support yourself and your kid without help from a man.

"I love my son and he comes first in my life. "
There's another thread running about people who use this line and how it's a turn-off to a lot of people. You are looking for Mr. Perfect who will support and care for you and your kid, but he will always be at the bottom of the priority list. How many guys will sign up for that kind of deal? You say you're 20, but it sounds like you're about 12.
 outbackaussie52
Msg: 58
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/23/2011 9:16:54 AM
well i was thinking the same thing myself does mrs right exist as well ,
it seems that if your not a home every night guy you do not stand a chance ,
but i am happy got my business & it is going strong ,
but sweetie keep looking one day be it at the local walmart or supermarket or on here at POF this guy will pop up and it will be true love from then on but till that day arrives just keep in mind that the only person who can truly make you happy is yourself till then have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS .
 MikeWM
Msg: 60
view profile
History
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/23/2011 12:23:59 PM
I have to admit I thought it was a bit hilarious for a 20 year old woman to be complaining that despite all of her "perfection" she cant find a man who measures up to her breathtaking levels of princessery

Gee whizz, who'd have thunked it eh?

I think you need to become aware of your own flaws really. Maybe then you will have realistic expectations in partners rather than seeking a level of pefection you dont match yourself
 Pretty RI Lady
Msg: 61
view profile
History
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/23/2011 2:00:39 PM

I looked in the mirror. Yes, Mr. Right exists.

Hahahaha.
 Blueyes4youbabe
Msg: 62
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/23/2011 2:06:11 PM
Looks isnt everything honey. You say you are fussy. Do you want a fussy man? Its easy to point the finger at others and not see the other fingers pointing back at us. Remember you cant change others only yourself. Take a peak inside of you and see what you find. Its ok to have standards but are you putting yourself on a pedestal? We all have our faults and we dont walk on water.
 DuncanRnB
Msg: 64
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/25/2011 3:33:11 PM

I have to admit I thought it was a bit hilarious for a 20 year old woman to be complaining that despite all of her "perfection" she cant find a man who measures up to her breathtaking levels of princessery

Gee whizz, who'd have thunked it eh?

I think you need to become aware of your own flaws really. Maybe then you will have realistic expectations in partners rather than seeking a level of pefection you dont match yourself.
I couldn't have said this better.

Very true, and this myth is what causes misery for both guys and girls. But even if a "mr.right" did exist then they would probably not view him as such. It's unfortunate how true the Inuit story about Sedna is. (In the general picture and obviously ignoring the supernatural elements in the Inuit Story)
 MsMicki
Msg: 65
view profile
History
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/25/2011 8:19:04 PM
My Mr. Right may not be your Mr. Right....
what we all think is the perfect partner is totally subjective to the individual.

But one thing that we all have in common......is if we repeatedly end up with
Mr./Mrs. Wrong...over and over again........
the common denominator is always "ourself"
So if you keep picking "nobs".....then find out why you keep picking those types of men.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > does mr.right exist