Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Do you ever feel Invisible?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chemosaby
Msg: 26
Do you ever feel Invisible?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I think your question is quite valid and real. I personally can be lonely and feel invisible in a group. There can be many reasons for feeling invisible or just plain ignored. People have their own agendas and if a man is on the hunt for a younger woman, a 40's-50's woman is just in the way. I have been pursued by women but "I'm just not into them". I won't date smokers or pet owners. My bad, but my choice. Personally as I've aged, I see more value in older women on an individual basis of course. I'm not impressed by lazy, smelly or stupid, and won't even sleep with them. For a man to decide you are the one takes skill. Rejection is no harder than breathing for most with all the fish in the sea. You really have to appeal to a man and have some luck finding him. Finding ways to be visable are a strategy. Unfortunately today being visible seems to mean breasts hanging out, tattoos and piercing and outrageous everything. What woman doesn't check the mirror hoping to see a prize to be won. Men are looking, and when they see whats in their minds eye they may act. A woman may just have to make the first move. I've been asked by several woman why I never made a pass at them. I had no inclination they wanted me to thats why. Making a pass when not invited is harassment in today's world. I've been told by women how they had such a crush on me in school , but I had no idea. Speak up if you like a man.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Do you ever feel Invisible?