Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Before Sunset/Before Sunrise      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 600Love
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Before Sunset/Before SunrisePage 1 of 1    
Two of the greatest romance movies I know. I know other people on here must be fans. What are some of your favorite movies on the big subject of Love. ?
"Baby you are going to miss that plane"
 Sunlight72
Msg: 2
Before Sunset/Before Sunrise
Posted: 12/22/2011 2:01:04 PM
AAHHHH - Yeah! Before Sunset & Before Sunrise are really good. Didn't think anyone else had seen them!

I really like "Heaven" with Kate Blanchett too (2009?), and think with it's pacing and character-study story you might like it. It's certainly heavier, but really engaged me like the Julie Delpy movies. Beautiful ending.

Also, "I am Love" is probably one worth watching if you like Sunset/Sunrise. It's got a lot related to relationships, choices and consequences. Surprise ending.

I'll check back and see what other people write :)
 Lastmanstandin2
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/16/2013 1:35:54 PM
I'm beginning to worry if women are no longer romantique, as it's two other guys, other than me who have written about this! I too found both films moving and reminded me profoundly of my own life and the things that have happened just as in the films!
 ladymercury
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/17/2013 5:50:55 PM
Total fan of Before Sunset/Before Sunrise ... I see there is a new sequel out, Before Midnight. Haven't had a chance to see it yet, but I imagine it to be just as good as the other two.

I'm also fond of The Notebook, Benny & Joon, Dirty Dancing, Legends of the Fall and When Harry Met Sally. Oh, and 50 First Dates.
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2013 5:34:53 PM
When it comes to love stories I think one of the most romantic (and erotic) was the relationship between Virinia and Spartacus in the movie of the same name 1960. Kirk Douglas and Jeanne Crain...ya can't get better than those two.
 junipermoon
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2013 3:54:55 PM
casablanca has anything else beat hands down.
they might as well have stopped making 'romantic' films after that.
 or_current_resident
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/25/2013 8:22:58 AM
I was a big fan of film critic of Roger Ebert & he picked this sleeper & I thank him for that. He was excellent in pointing out those little known films. And if not, they may have never been found out for there potential artistry & acting.

As for ,"Before Sunrise" it was Pure gold, with mostly dialog & they pulled it off beautifully. And "Before Sunset" ditto in the dialog. Simple but so profound in life.....
And then to make one move sequel every ten years. Pretty remarkable.

And look forward in viewing next, "Before Midnight".
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/26/2013 1:30:35 PM
Under the Tuscan Sun...

Avatar ironically (who says you have to be the same species to get along with someone romantically lol)

Love Actually

Princess Bride
 rissignol
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/9/2013 7:13:49 PM
I liked both movies, Before & After Sunset, but I wouldn't necessarily classify them as the greatest love stories of all times ... more of a good indie flick than anything.

A few of my favorites ...
Water for Elephants
The Notebook
17 Again
Cold Mountain
Titanic (yeah, a total chic flick ... but I dig it)
Addicted To Love (Meg Ryan is a total babe in this movie)
Edward Sissorhands
The Ghost & Mrs Muir (oldie but goodie)
 Post_PrepatoryLIFER
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/10/2013 8:23:02 AM
I enjoyed:

P.S. I Love You.
Charlie St Cloud
Agree with the 17 Again.
While You Were Sleeping
Lake House
French Kiss
Only You
Sound of Music
And
The Zero Effect
 rissignol
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/10/2013 8:38:23 AM
French Kiss is awesome, love Kevin Kline.

Speaking of Meg Ryan, You've Got Mail is pretty rad.
 Fleuron
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/10/2013 4:10:01 PM

The Ghost & Mrs Muir (oldie but goodie)

That’s my mom’s favorite movie. :)

I think my favorite is, “Wuthering Heights,” I love the movie…the book, not so much.
Heathcliff….ahhhhhh.

I also like, “Benny and Joon,” “Moonstruck,” “Next Stop Wonderland,” etc.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/16/2013 10:05:30 PM
"Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Before Midnight" are romantic movies.

"Love, Actually" is my favorite romantic comedy. Hilarious! Another favorite is "Pride and Prejudice" starring Kiera Knightly. Swoon.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Before Sunset/Before Sunrise