Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Divorced, separated, single?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 delightful_m
Msg: 3
Divorced, separated, single?Page 1 of 1    
Wouldn't that just be ROOMATES!!
 Rain.
Msg: 5
Divorced, separated, single?
Posted: 12/29/2011 4:02:59 PM
lol single means your alone...has nothing to do with the paper. your kidding me about this thread right ? sooo how many of you have the bank account that allows you to just up and leave your unhappy relationship ? yano ive never been married ....but i do have to question the thinking pattern of folks that post for the sake of posting....separated folks are pretty much in the same boat....before thinking of yourself , walk a mile in someone elses life and see how it feels...im glad your all so rich that you can just up and leave on a drop of a dime..... tell me folks.....just how heavy is that gavel that strapped on your back ? i bet your crawling. Everyone has their own set of circumstances ...just who the hell are you folks to judge? i can see why this site is over flowing with single folks......hopefully after reading this post you all can see what i do.....if not....get some glasses
 Rain.
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/26/2012 1:54:18 PM
be with a women for her money? read much or is your bitterness overloading your reading abilities ? firstly what i said was * do you have the finances to UP and LEAVE * in todays economy , i said nothing about dating a female for her money ...please read what is typed and if you cant understand it ASK dont point your bitter fingers at me . I never said it was ok to be * sleeping around * while living OFF your ex....pay attention cupcake
 MJ Preston
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2012 5:10:52 PM
you still spewin yer nasty assed rhetoric...rain? damn this place is boring.....
 LovesToDance1981
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/29/2012 7:46:10 AM
Well if you are no longer with the person but still livng together I would hope that you are not sleeping in the same bed together. In my eyes if you are no longer with the person then you are single. I am legally seperated with papers to prove it. Yes in the eyes of the LAW I am still married but I have not co-habitated with that man since April 2007 so in my mind AND his we are both single. But just because you still live with your ex doesnt mean anything. If you are not with him/her then you are single. There is just different terms in the legal world that is all. I would date someone that still lived with their ex if I knew for 100% certainty that there was no romantic connection between them at all and that they were not sharing a bed. Some people do it for the sake of the kids, or financial means because lets be honest here, in this economy it is hard to find work and a place of your own with just one income. I know I struggle and I work a full time job and I receive child support so I do not judge because I know how hard it is. I totally and 100% agree with Rain (hey Rain remember me =) ). Lets not all be so judgemental about people because one day you may find yourself in that situation and we all know Pie tastes gross made out of Crow =)
 T_Tanya
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2012 2:39:37 PM
You don't have to be married to be separated... what about common-law relationships? Common-law relationships are like marriages without the papers and ring. I've been to court, and they treat common-law relationships with the same rules as marriages, when it comes to property issues.

I had a common-law, have a child with him, and owned a house together. We broke-up, I moved out, therefore we are separated.

I never realized so many people think that being separated automatically means they're married!
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Divorced, separated, single?