Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Nevada  > Best places to meet girls in Vegas      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BPCoop19
Msg: 1
Best places to meet girls in VegasPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I moved to Vegas from Chicago in August, and I'm curious where the best places, or types of places there are to meet girls. Obviously the clubs and bars are options, but those aren't the types of girls I'm looking for and I'm not the type to get those kinds of girls. I joined a gym so maybe there will be something there...any other suggestions?
 Pumpk1n422
Msg: 2
Best places to meet girls in Vegas
Posted: 12/24/2011 7:29:34 PM
There are co-ed sports teams that can be found on craigslist in the community section, also the local YMCA gym may be a little easier than commercial gyms they also offer sports, dance, etc. through the YMCA. That's about the best I can think of

Good Luck & Merry Christmas
 VegasGambit
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2011 10:39:45 PM
Ah, as someone who is into fitness and integrates it into his lifestyle, I too have pondered and even asked about meeting women at the gym.

Unfortunately, the responses I got concerning meeting women at the gym were almost unanimously in the negative. Women are there to work out, and while I too am there for that reason, I would like to meet someone who is into that lifestyle as much as I am, so I do understand where they are coming from. You can try to talk to a woman after she's done with her workout or when she's cooling down, but the gym I don't think is an optimal place to meet women based on responses toward similar questions.

Instead, I recommend joining a club sport or some kind of exercise group. Find something where interaction is encouraged and even necessary, as opposed to the usually-stoic and centric gym environment. Do you like reading? You can meet intelligent women at libraries and bookstores.

Also, I know you're not into the club and bar scene, but Downtown has a bunch of venues that are flocked with locals. Plus, if you don't know what First Friday is, I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend that you experience it since it is coming up.
 BPCoop19
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/28/2011 6:41:54 PM
I've also heard that girls don't like getting hit on at the gym. I went to one of the exercise classes last night and got to chit chat a little...but then my out of shapeness took over and I left class early because I was exhausted...anyway, I mostly want to get in shape for me, but I think if there's any chance a the gym, it would be in these classes, or at least before it starts.

And I hear a lot about First Friday, it sounds cool. A few of my friends are into the first friday scene so I think I might tag along.
 professorjjd
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2012 10:08:37 PM
Hahaha, don't try.. Everyone is this town is taken, or not interested.. Been here 11 years without dating.. Even when I worked at an animal shelter all the girls coming in there were taken, or crying over lost pets! I came to vegas single, stayed single, and will probably leave single too.. Give up, my 2 cents..
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/10/2012 8:00:48 PM
^^^^^ Yeah, but you also have no job, drive or confidence...and are stuck in your ways .

When you stop dismissing everything perhaps you'll stop being dismissed.
 professorjjd
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:15:17 AM
HAHAHA! Great and predictable statement from mr "Manly man"! Why am I not surprised? True I have no job, however, I do have "confidence" in myself, contrary to whatever you may think! And yes, I'm stuck in my ways because i've learned through hard experience what women are like, and the world is such a place where how much you make(or don't make) determines whether women have interest in you(or not) is a world I want no part of! Its completely wrong and unfair, and I wish nothing to do with it, and when others smarten up, and stop buying into the whole "game" they'll be a lot better off... AND happier!
 pretzelman60
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/11/2012 12:15:47 PM
I have discovered that when I am not trying is when I meet women. I go to karaoke often and it is there that I have met women to date. Actually, I have met three women from POF in one weekend at karaoke. I have dated two of them, One on a semi regular basis. Another, I recognized as she was singing. I tuld here she looked familiar, then asked here if she was on POF. It took off from there.

My point being that there are women out there even at my age that are looking to date, Some of them are not looking for a LTR, like I am. It's surprising how many women there are out there, and you really don't have to try that hard.

Look at my profile and pictures. If a guy like me can find a date, anyone can. Women don't flock to me, obviously. And it isn't about money as my profile mentions. I have limited funds as I live on my S.S. and V.A. military disability.

Listen, they are out there. Seize the moment and make yourself available. That is my very humble experience, hence, my very humble advice.

JMO
 rjb6767
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/11/2012 2:57:12 PM
Do not focus too much on what people tell you including woman. How many times have you thought you would do something and did the opposite, get to know who ever you can and if two people are meant to be together they will be together even if they say not looking for anything serious. They will be drawn to you and you to them if it is gonna work.
 voodoo-3
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/22/2012 3:40:35 PM
Meetup.com

There are loads of singles and other groups out there, and it's a great way to meet people.
 POFRMAN
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2012 10:10:26 AM
Go to the mall bro.....go from girl to girl working on your rap talking about something they might be interested in..tell them your from out of town and want to see some cool places and if they want to go....never ask if they are single always assume they aren't good luck..
 YourThrone
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/5/2012 6:38:21 AM
Does anyone know where I can find dominant mean sugar babies? please let me know:-)
 PLDtri1984
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/5/2012 2:16:29 PM
well said - and true. This city is great for dating and meeting people, I travel everywhere for work, and find this is probably the best city for it, but overall it lies in you bro, not where you are. If you are socialable, and friendly and outgoing, you will meet people.
 hddoggy
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/10/2012 7:21:49 PM
If I can't meet girls in Las Vegas no way I'm going there. Thanks for the warning you guys. Ok gotta go shoo the wild horses away from my front yard. Poor guys, stuck in a jerkwater nowhere city.
 KasperNV1
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 9:13:01 AM
The strip club man!!-LOL
 klh57
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/3/2012 6:42:47 PM
HA what that last guy said! Strip clubs!
 gbntbedtyr
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2012 6:48:31 PM
Ok, girls don't like to be propositioned in the gym, girls don't like to be propositioned at work, girls don't like to be propositioned, here or there. Bla, bla, bla. I'll tell you what, if you don't ask, you wont know. And I promise there are girls that go to the gym in hopes of getting a date, even girls who take jobs for the chance of dating a guy that works there. There are girls who do this or that in hopes of being asked out. And it may seem like a catch 22, but it's not. I doubt you can read minds, so if you never ask the odds are you will go through life alone, besides who wants the nags and whiners anyhow. In my opinion, they should wear a ring or at least a T-shirt if they don't want propositioned.
 Michael221
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2012 4:40:41 AM
I think approaching women in the gym is a bad idea as they don't like it.
 Luckicatch
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/6/2012 10:53:15 PM
Amen sista
Really don't begin any conversation with sexy....
Here's a few places, grocery stores, movies, dog parks
Meet.com is a great place also always many more women than men!
Good luck
 Luckicatch
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/7/2012 5:12:35 AM
Hi miswestblonde
Would so love to visit with you privately about a couple guys on here???
Guys really if you can't find a girl in LV you aren't looking very hard, everywhere you go there are way more gorgeous women than men...
Be positive and keep looking
:)
 doglover4me
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/15/2012 3:30:41 PM
Depends on your age!
 doglover4me
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/15/2012 3:35:06 PM
Depends on your age! You have two chances here, slim and none! Vegas women are hard driven and put away wet! Angry and most of them are Goldigger's! Their favorite movie is PRETTY WOMAN, and dream about having some guy do everything for them, pay for everything.....
 Stylz1980
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/16/2012 8:34:22 PM
Oh the irony in this thread. I think it is hard meeting a serious unattached woman in Vegas. Not hard meeting a girl on the strip though.
 BADCATNV
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/16/2012 2:28:52 PM
Age is only a little factor. From reading profiles, honesty is hard to come by in Vegas.
 Sou1Rebe1
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/14/2013 4:00:41 PM
It's actually pretty easy meeting women in Vegas.

A lot of people think it's hard to meet quality singles here so they're pretty open.

Meeting quality people, that's another thing altogether though.

Vegas is the fattest, least educated city it's size in the nation.....and with a local culture based on instant gratification and the illusion of promoting vices, it gets hard.

Realistically, you can meet women anywhere. It's pretty much just a numbers game....
Show ALL Forums  > Nevada  > Best places to meet girls in Vegas