Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 z50k2
Msg: 1
view profile
History
ReviewPage 1 of 1    
Give me an honest review. What to add what to take out, which pic's are good and which ones are bad.

I don't have much trouble meeting people in real life, but this isn't working very well.
 z50k2
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Review
Posted: 12/26/2011 10:15:44 AM
Wow, I must be perfect......lol
 You go first
Msg: 3
Review
Posted: 12/26/2011 2:42:04 PM
Sorry, not 'perfect', but pretty damn good.

The main photo should be a shoulders-up smile with teeth. I know it will feel/look weird, but so what. We don't know you, we won't know the difference. It will make you appear friendly and approachable. Let someone else take the photo, no distracting background. Did you know you can write captions on the photos explaining what they are? Use humour if you can.

The dog and truck photos - cute as they are - don't belong here if you're not in them. Pose with your dog if you like and save the others for a later meeting.

You have "Prefer not to say" for the question about kids. Obviously you DO want kids as you mention it heavily in your profile. Correct that. You should also mention if you are open to someone who already has a child(ren) of her own.

I'm going to add some notes I made from another thread on sending first messages. The guy had "Fishing" as an Interest:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try this template which may help you get over the 'writer's block' for first messages:

Subject line: (something other than Hi Hey or Hello) Best using a clue to something in her profile.

Message: 3-4 sentence at most, light humoured, including 1 question only so she has an easy way to respond. Sign only your first name.

Do not say:

- Hi, Hey, Hello or How are you (wastes time)
- I read your profile (should be obvious)
- you're cute/pretty/beautiful (creepy in a first message)
- let's meet up for .... (again, creepy/pushy in a first message)
- check me out and email me back ( they know what to do already)
- hope to hear from you soon (sounds like begging/desperate)

If I were writing to you, I'd use the specific interest of Fishing. Actually, that is the exact interest I used when I first wrote to my (now) husband.

Subject line: Fishing!
Message: I just learned how to fly fish, but haven't actually caught anything yet. I much prefer spincast river fishing - fewer casualties! Have you been out yet this season? YGF

See? No pressure, obviously I read your profile, open a conversation, easy way to respond if you choose.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Pretty RI Lady
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Review
Posted: 12/26/2011 2:49:57 PM
I think it's good but maybe a bit too long. Not the worst thing though.

In my opinion, when I read a profile I want to accomplish two things--get a feel for the person writing it and get a feel for the type of person he's looking for. Your profile has succeeded in both those aspects without being over the top.
 z50k2
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Review
Posted: 12/28/2011 6:48:39 PM
I greatly appreciate your input here. I made some adjustments and they seemed to have a worse effect.

I'm at the conclusion that the pics make all the difference. You see, what little bit of attention Ive gotten is set out inquiring about the dog. I guess he's a good icebreaker.

I read this article http://blog..com/index.php/the-4-big-myths-of-profile-pictures/ and decided to change again. We'll see.
 z50k2
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Review
Posted: 12/28/2011 7:56:54 PM
Thanks.......
 You go first
Msg: 7
Review
Posted: 12/28/2011 9:21:35 PM
If you found the picture with the dog works as an ice-breaker, use one with him in it BUT make sure YOU are more than 50% of the frame. And smiling.
 z50k2
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Review
Posted: 12/29/2011 12:25:44 AM
I've found this....... I can do better in 10 minutes of real life than hours on this site. And that explains why so many guys get little to no response on the internet, including me.

Women have infinite options on the internet, men have to jump through hoops. In the real world, it's not this way. I'm guessing the women see this problem on the back side of things.

If you want to meet quality women that will at the very least "respond" to your advances, get out and meet them.

This is ridiculous.
 You go first
Msg: 9
Review
Posted: 12/29/2011 9:35:44 AM
Must be your area then. I know personally at least 6 couples who met online, 4 on this site, including me.

It's not a drive-through, it will take time. If you don't have patience, a sense of humour and the willingness to make the effort, you will be disappointed.

Your call, but if you can do so well in real life, perhaps that's where you should be looking.
 z50k2
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Review
Posted: 2/14/2013 6:37:37 PM

Photos are a different story. I notice one thing in particular... there aren't any books. Since you write well, it seems unlikely you don't read. Take a shot or two with your books behind you.

I don't read books and I don't own any books.... And a side note, I greatly dislike clutter (very evident from the photo's)

Thank you for taking the time to read and give an honest evaluation of my profile. 8)
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review