Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When a gal says, "how do i know you're not a serial killer or rapist?"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MyScreennameRox
Msg: 1
When a gal says, "how do i know you're not a serial killer or rapist?"Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
This has got to be-hands down-THE most idiotic thing I have ever seen females write on a website.

I have had a few gals say that in the past. The stupidity of remarks like this blow my mind clear out of the water. So, I give an appropriate reply:

"The same way I don't know whether or not you are a clingy, needy, PMSing nutjob of a psychotic **** with 15 cats in a house that reeks of cat piss?"

I would like to hear from the ladies what inspires them to utter such nonsense, and how the gentlemen on here react if they get this.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 2
When a gal says, how do i know you're not a serial killer or rapist?
Posted: 12/27/2011 9:09:25 PM
Ladies don't say such things, so gentlemen do not have to react.

Up your picker.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/27/2011 9:14:40 PM
^^^ What she said.

Although, if I am meeting someone as a potential kinky play partner (no sex involved), I do ask for his references and offer mine, because I want to know that he knows what he's doing if he ties me up, etc., and he needs to know that I'm not a psycho looneytunes chick who's going to freak out when the cuffs go on.
 MyScreennameRox
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/27/2011 9:21:44 PM
You're right about that. Some late night comedian said, "When meeting someone from online for the first time, a girl's biggest fear is that the guy will turn out to be a murderer. A guy's biggest fear is that the girl will turn out to be fat". :)

It's only happened to me a few times, but if they don't get offended by my comeback, I'll send them a time/date stamped phone pic of me in my uniform at work (I'm a corrections officer at a state prison).
 FloridaLady46
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/27/2011 9:29:28 PM
Actually, Ted Bundy was clean-cut and nice looking, so you can't judge this by someone's looks. She may be saying this because she does not really want to meet in person because she is hiding something and it is her way of getting out of meeting you.
 gcdeb
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/27/2011 9:44:29 PM
I'll send them a time/date stamped phone pic of me in my uniform at work (I'm a corrections officer at a state prison).

I've just finished watching a video about a California Highway Patrol Officer who used to pull women over in their cars and elicit sexual favours on the threat of a ticket.

Eventually, he raped one woman and then decided he needed to murder her to cover his tracks.

He was so highly respected in the service and his community that two juries could not find him guilty despite a reasonable amount of evidence implicating him.

And given that the police advice is that we should never get into a police vehicle if pulled over in a secluded place, I'd say the wearing of the uniform should not provide any sensible woman with a sense of guaranteed security.
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2011 9:52:15 PM
Why is it so idiotic? 98% of the guys I have come across here are CRAZY. I respond to all emails (except those that just say HI) and that seems to give some guys the idea that we're suddenly exclusive. Within 2 emails I can tell if they are crazy - at least they're showing it. But what about the calm, cool, collected ones? They could just as easily chop me up and throw me in the river - or boil my bunny. I'm not being 100% serious, I don't ask people seriously if they're a serial killer... just half heartedly. People can ask me the same thing, I don't find it idiotic. Obviously serial killers wouldn't admit it, but it's just a woman's way of saying she is taking precautions and doesn't trust just any old person. The world has jaded some of us. Believe me, when I go on a date with someone I met online, my friends know where I am at all times in case something happens. Maybe I am paranoid - I think I am just being safe.
 carptopus
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/27/2011 9:54:30 PM

how the gentlemen on here react if they get this.

If I ever got something like this and they were serious and I actually responded to it I'd probably say something like:
"Because I have Charlie Sheen blood in me. I'm winning. I don't need to be a serial killer. Serial killers kill because they are insecure, because they want to be like me, but they aren't like me, so they have to kill others to try and prove they are greater than they are. I don't have to kill anyone. I already know I'm the greatest. I bring the dead back to life with my power. I'm a warlock from Mars. I'm a serial winner."

And
"You know I'm not a rapist because I don't have my doctorate. So I can't be therapist."
Or
"I'm not a rapist because I have money. Money means you never have to hear no."
or
"You know I'm not a rapist because I am just too lazy. It's like food. Raping is like going out and wrestling a deer to the ground, killing it, skinning it, butchering it, carting it back to the cave, cooking it, eating it and then getting punished for poaching. Why would I do all that when I 'could' just call hooker dominoes and have them deliver. If I want to choke a bytch I'll just go through the drive through of streetwalker central and pay the 50 dollar upcharge. And you know I'm lazy because I'm here, on the internet, trying to date you. If I wasn't lazy I'd be out there, doing shit, meeting people, kicking ass and taking phone numbers, rather than sitting at home staring at my computer, or working rather than procrastinating or shirking my job. If I wasn't lazy and wanted to choke a bytch I'd just go to Kentucky. You know I'd be a prize down there. It'd be all 'you got soft hands, you don't choke like daddy does.'"
 MyScreennameRox
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/27/2011 9:55:54 PM
They are correct to caution against being pulled over in a secluded place. Most officers are loathe to do this out of comcerns for their safety. In fact if you find yourself in such a situation, you should refuse to yield to the officer until you get to a public, preferably well lit area.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/27/2011 10:01:46 PM
I suggest your main picture should you in a suit. or really nice shirt.
and lose the second one in prison blue.
Yes. I know it is just a blue shirt.
But hey..if they be asking....
ditch it.

good luck.
 SeaCatcher
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/27/2011 10:04:12 PM
You must come across as a dubious character, because I've never heard of such a thing before.
Men and women can be both incredibly stupid. I've had guys who think they can communicate on my level, when they can barely rub two words together; guys who think they are my kind of person, because they could read my profile; guys who show no interest in getting to know me on the first date and say, they'll find out more as time goes on - not realizing they've got essentially half an hour to arouse my interest in them; guys who say nothing at all on their profile, except lol lol lol ha ha ha, guys that lack the most basic initiative; guys who don't realize they are not god's gift to women - despite all the evidence to contrary; etc etc. I think I'd rather like someone to say to me, "How do I know you're not a serial killer, or rapist?" Then I'd have something tangible to work with!
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/27/2011 10:08:35 PM
My standard reply is."You don't." Followed by a sinister laugh...
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/27/2011 10:09:21 PM

or boil my bunny.

Those go best with taters an carrots; but ya gotta really cook it.

(it's sort of tough meat)

but it's just a woman's way of saying she is taking precautions and doesn't trust just any old person.

Odd how those ones are usually the ones who end up pregnant after months of dating, only to find out buddy cant and wont pay a dime. (and has 23 warrants for his arrest)

It's a funny world out there
 Walts
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/27/2011 10:13:16 PM
If we all sat down and seriously thought about all the potential "what ifs " in our lives,none of us would leave the bed,let alone the house.

And girls,,,the ones that are scared, think about who is doing the attacking. Those that ya trust. Cops,relatives,priests,the well dressed and polite "gentleman",etc. People that KNOW how to gain your trust,and then prey on it. Feel good yet???? Covering yourself up in a blankie yet????? Locking the doors yet?????

If ya really think about it, this place is a prime spot for these types of pieces of shiat.Prime. You have to be keenly aware of things,and do not dismiss your spidey senses. Do not dismiss TRUE "red flags" because a man is doing and saying exactly what you think he should. You,as females get constantly sucked in by the "player", for quite a few reasons. One is not understanding what YOU ARE SEEING. These other types, are just one step lower than those "players".
 astrosky
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2011 10:22:39 PM
I guess some people need reassurance to make them feel better, regardless of how idiotic it sounds and how impossible to prove - even if you date them and don't kill them...you might just be waiting until you're in the mood. Its no different than asking "How do I know you won't break my heart/empty my bank account/have sex with my friends behind my back"? I guess the fear in them is so strong they blurt out this question in hopes you will say something, anything, to make them believe what they want to believe. But if they don't trust themselves enough to handle guys they meet online, no amount of reassurance is going to make them brave enough to go out with you. If someone is so paranoid and fearful that they must ask that of everyone they meet online, you need to ask yourself if you want to spend the time it will take to try to build their trust...and if you can stomach more questions of this kind from this kind of brain, because its probably the tip of the iceberg.
 coastalmermaid
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/27/2011 11:08:46 PM
Maybe you need to be asking the "ladies" themselves what their motivation is??? I think you will find that most reasonably intelligent women don't go around saying things like this. Maybe if you "upped your picker" and didn't go for the bimbo types you wouldn't have to even ask this question? Just saying...
 TN_PirateKing
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/28/2011 12:58:35 AM
I'd imagine it's more of a joke question or ice-breaker. I'd probably say something like "I can honestly say I've no intention of raping you" and see if she caught that I did not address serial murder.
 kissmeyoufool
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/28/2011 1:17:50 AM
I would like to hear from the ladies what inspires them to utter such nonsense, and how the gentlemen on here react if they get this.

There are people on here with criminal records. After that experience, I ask a question similar to what you call 'nonsense' for that very reason.

funrachel123
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/28/2011 1:34:05 AM
It means they don't really know you and want to make sure that they keep themselves safe:

- meet in a public place
- let a friend know some info about the date and you

If you have been communicating with them, then try being polite and respectful and ease their mind, not mock them. There is actually a high percentage of sexual assault so you have probably dated someone who has had a traumatic experience that you didn't know about.

Now if they write it on their profile - that I don't understand. It will definitely turn men away.
 mrsforums
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2011 2:05:00 AM
...or it could be the last paragraph in your profile that actually makes them think about the possibility... you brought it up ....

MrsF
 TylerDurd3n
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/28/2011 2:05:19 AM
just respond with 'if i was , i obviously wouldnt tell you' lol
 abelian
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/28/2011 5:54:57 AM
I'd just say, ``You don't know either way, but if you're afraid to meet me for that reason, then don't meet me.'' Then, I'd terminate the conversation.
 TedJMill
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2011 6:42:36 AM
"Um, I could bring you a note from my mother saying that I'm not one."
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/28/2011 6:52:38 AM
I have said that and it is ALWAYS as a joke. I have even told guys to bring a letter from their mothers testifying that they are not ax murderers.

If a woman says that seriously, she (and men do this all the time) would be the same type who writes on her profile, "No game players, liars, users, etc."

Sure, like a person who plays head games would pass that person by.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/28/2011 6:55:50 AM
I won't say something like that unless a guy questions my strategy, and even then it's more a matter of me liking to set boundaries early on than what kind of guy he is. He could be the nicest guy in the world and still think he can drop by my house or call constantly. Most don't ask though, usually...so it's not a big deal.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When a gal says, "how do i know you're not a serial killer or rapist?"