Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > balsamic      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lario
Msg: 2
view profile
History
balsamicPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Drizzle a little over vanilla ice cream. Don't over do it.

That and extra virgin olive oil are all that's needed for salad dressing.
 pupdaddy12003
Msg: 3
view profile
History
balsamic
Posted: 12/29/2011 3:58:30 PM
Rachael Ray made an appetizer one day with apples, onions, toasted french bread slices cut on a bias...and a light drizzle of reduced store bought balsamic on it one day...It's pretty good, and with the type balsamic you've got, you probably wouldn't dare reduce it. Just toast the small bread slices...and cut up some apples in small chunks...about a half and half ratio to the amount of onion that you have. Start the onions in a small skillet, and after they start to wilt...dump in the apples. Get the onions carmelized, putting a light color to the apples...and then place them (and the onions) by spoonfuls on your bread slices...then drizzle the top of them with the balsamic. It's quite an interesting combination..with the sweet apple, carmelized onion...and the sweet and tart balsamic. ( I might warm your balsamic..but it might not be necessary)
 MsMicki
Msg: 4
view profile
History
balsamic
Posted: 12/30/2011 12:49:45 PM
My mom used to make an Asparagus and Mushroom dish, and I'm going to guess at the amounts here as I've never made it but it was damn tasty.

She would use fresh picked Morels, but I'm sure any would work.
Place 1 cup of mushrooms in 1 cup of Chicken Broth and reduce till appx 1/4 liquid.
Strain and use reduced broth, a few T Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil to make a dressing.

Cook your Asparagus anyway you choose, she sometimes roasted it and sometimes
steamed it.
Fry Mushrooms in 1 T Butter till tender

Place Asparagus on serving dish....top with mushrooms and pour dressing over the top.

Warm Basil Beet Salad

Wash Whole Beets and then rub with Olive Oil.
Bake at 450 for appx 45 minutes or until tender
Peel skin from Beets and then dice into small bite size pieces
Toss with 2 T Balsamic Vinegar, 3 T Fresh chopped Basil and 1 T Brown Sugar, S & P to taste.
 caddyman101
Msg: 5
view profile
History
balsamic
Posted: 12/30/2011 1:16:53 PM
anti- pasta. artichoke heart, some marinated mozzarralla ball, chucks of asiago cheese, some cured meats, with some bruccetta toast point, and roasted peppers. Drissle some black gold and enjoy. Please excuse my spelling. :
 caddyman101
Msg: 7
view profile
History
balsamic
Posted: 12/30/2011 4:03:52 PM
balsamic and oil olive, garlic, chili flake. dip with rustic bread. something of the sort. Pretty common at your italian joint.
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 8
balsamic
Posted: 12/30/2011 4:11:01 PM
balsamic, olive oil and pesto.

again, very common in italian joints.

first place i ever saw it in was the macaroni grill in scottsdale.

k.w.
use garlic infused olive oil
 MsMicki
Msg: 10
view profile
History
balsamic
Posted: 12/30/2011 5:26:35 PM
I've never had it with the chili's or garlic.......
just oil and balsamic vinergar....
Just had it about a month ago at Buca di Beppo's
 caddyman101
Msg: 11
view profile
History
balsamic
Posted: 12/30/2011 5:33:00 PM
I maybe wrong but it sounds good.
 pupdaddy12003
Msg: 12
view profile
History
balsamic
Posted: 12/31/2011 1:51:07 PM
...Yeah, ya kinda hate to screw up with the expensive stuff first..LOL, Enjoy!
 fishpizza
Msg: 14
view profile
History
balsamic
Posted: 1/2/2012 7:01:08 PM
heres a way to use that balsamic. my sister made me some island style grilled swordfish years ago and i liked it so much i make it just about every year since.
-grill some swordfish steaks with some mango (dont season the steaks if you do only a pinch of salt tops)
- make a salad with baby spinach, halved cherry tomatoes and halved kumquats.
-toss salad in balsamic vinegrette (i like 2-1 balsamic to oil)
- top with grilled swordfish and mango.

thats it! very easy and very flavorful.
 carolann0308
Msg: 15
view profile
History
balsamic
Posted: 1/2/2012 7:11:53 PM
Savant, I have made this before with some Balsamic my parents got me from Italy. Instead of sugar try a few grinds of black pepper it is amazing. You can do the same with Blood Oranges and grilled red onion.
 caddyman101
Msg: 16
view profile
History
balsamic
Posted: 1/29/2012 2:28:10 PM
you can reduce it to a syrup to. drizzel it over some BBQ pears and vanilla ice cream.
 Belle Requin
Msg: 17
balsamic
Posted: 1/30/2012 5:30:06 PM
I only buy expensive, but not super expensive balsamic.

I use mine on a tomato salad with fresh mozzarella (and sometimes I just soak the fresh mozzarella in it and eat it with salt...) I also make a "ketchup" with balsamic, apricot, and chipotle.
 pandaemonic
Msg: 18
balsamic
Posted: 1/31/2012 5:00:26 AM
I make a lovely salad dressing with Balsamic vinegar

I teaspoon mustard 2 parts oil to 1 part balsamic and a tiny bit of sugar
tastes absilutely unreal!
 KILLERDOLL
Msg: 19
view profile
History
balsamic
Posted: 1/31/2012 10:55:34 AM
balsamic....mmm if u ever make brushetta and put cheese on top to melt it...then drizzle tiny bit of balsamic..delicious.

also u can mix bit of balsamic and olive old and have a healthy dip for bread or pita ;)
u can add oregano as well
 michele6259
Msg: 20
view profile
History
balsamic
Posted: 1/31/2012 11:09:17 AM
love balsamic!

just drizzled it over roasted brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes and fennel for lunch. It was delicious.

I really like it drizzled over roasted figs with vanilla bean ice cream too.
 caddyman101
Msg: 23
view profile
History
balsamic
Posted: 2/3/2012 4:35:11 PM
try them with some pinenuts. Walnuts would be good ,too.
 Dovelett
Msg: 24
view profile
History
balsamic
Posted: 2/3/2012 5:59:37 PM
Heat up little oil in a large skillet with boneless chicken breasts season as usual ñ add some garlic granular too brown both sides ñ remove to a plate –covering. Add to skillet whole chopped garlic little balsamic vinegar ñ little water cook ñ stir that awhile- add a white sauce with milk or half ñ half ~ make it so it will thicken ñ have a sauce-throw in thin sliced tomatoes with kalamata olives ñ oregano leaves or fresh basil to UR taste ñ cook that a while –stir as not to burn bottom of skillet. Re-add chicken ñ throw over some cooked pasta or cooked rice. Broil up some crusty bread- dive in with a nice glass of wine.

Make quite a bit of white sauce n thicken to UR liking

As we all know -balsamic has been around for long time to be used in many good in many good dishes. Find one U really like - some not good. Some sweeter than others. Good in BBQ sauces too.
 ChadsFormerStandIn
Msg: 26
balsamic
Posted: 3/3/2012 12:31:07 AM
I'm wrapping my head around using it with morels. quite out of the ordinary. However, given a super expensive balsamic, maybe, just maybe they could stand up to the exotic beauty and richness of the morel and somehow find a way to compliment it. Morel season is just a short ways away!!
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > balsamic