Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > bikini pic in profile? Do or dont?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sunflowerwishes
Msg: 1
bikini pic in profile? Do or dont?Page 1 of 1    
I'm curious and would like a guys oppinion. Does a bikini pic in a profile make you think any less of the person?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
bikini pic in profile? Do or dont?
Posted: 12/29/2011 3:34:39 AM
If it is actually of YOU, and is recent, then no. Not unless it reveals you have an octopus growing out of your stomach, with poisonous tentacles or something. If it's an attractive octopus, then okay.

I assume you are asking if SOME guys will take it to mean you are coming on hard sexually (yes, some will), or desperate(yes some will), or that you are showing that you are a floozy in general (yes, some will) or that you aren't very smart (yes some will).

But since lots of people will draw the wrong conclusions from ANYTHING you put in your profile, then you might as well not worry most of the time, as long as you feel it honestly reflects who you are.
 grantfl80
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/29/2011 3:38:03 AM
Well your bikini photo is of you on a beach (or at least near water). The context of the photo (whether candid or staged) is what makes this photo have taste. It's not like you took a photo of yourself in a bikini in front of your bathroom mirror. This kind of photo and context can make a man's mind wander in a way that probably isn't too flattering. I don't get the dirty skank vibe from your bikini photo (or profile for that matter).

G
 curlygrl
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/29/2011 4:21:57 AM
You are one beautiful forty year old
woman.

Shake it sister.

It's a very nice, tasteful picture. Don't let
anyone discourage you.

Be you. Good luck honey.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2011 7:12:37 AM
Anyone who has an issue with you posting a bikini pic has different values than yourself. It's not good or bad, just consider it a way to filter out people who are incompatible with you.
 northshorebud
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/29/2011 7:47:44 AM
If you're interested in attracting men who stay in shape, it's not a bad idea.

Let's not kid ourselves--looks matter. And while most guys are drawn to a nice figure, those who are in good shape rarely pursue someone who carries a bit extra.
 ohenryx
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2011 8:27:07 AM
I like the picture. It does not make me think less of you. If I were closer to your age, and your geographical location, the picture would make me more inclined to contact you, not less. And that is what you intended, correct?
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2011 8:35:45 AM
It is acceptable to have such a picture if you frequently go to the beach.
 halfnhalf79
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2011 8:56:55 AM
Kinda...

It's just a little bit too up front for my tastes.

Just my opinion on what i like or don't like to see when i look at POF profiles.

If the rest of the profile was awesome and the pic wasn't overly skanky then it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

Note: I'm not calling anybody skanky and I haven't seen the OP's profile. I am merely answering the question posed.
 christyis4real
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/29/2011 9:02:02 AM
Girl...you look awesome for 40 (in a non lesbo way of course). If ya got it..flaunt it.

You need to lose the second pic in your profile though. Only because it's blurry and not a good picture.
 bottleguy
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/29/2011 9:05:58 AM
If you can pull of a bikini I say yes. If you can't cover it up best you can.
 Flurr
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2011 9:45:12 AM
Go for it!!! as long as its not your main image.
 egboy
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2011 10:43:51 AM
It is a good thing . Even if you don't have that pic you'll get guys wanting sex from what I've heard from women on here so go a head.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > bikini pic in profile? Do or dont?