Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Am I doing something wrong?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 halfnhalf79
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Am I doing something wrong?Page 1 of 1    
It's a numbers game.

It's all about volume.

Most chicks on here are not going to interested in you, or me or the next guy. You have to "carpet bomb".

Send out 20 or 30 "Hi" messages. Maybe you might get 6 or 7 responses if you are lucky.

Then you use your "precision guided bombs" (personalized e-mails aimed at the individual) and go from there.

It's like Sex Panther cologne... 60% of the time it works every time!
 halfnhalf79
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Am I doing something wrong?
Posted: 12/29/2011 9:26:17 AM
It's just one method.

It helps save time and lets you know where to concentrate your efforts.

It helps you learn quickly if she has any interest in you at all.

It's not perfect by any stretch.
 windchymes
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2011 9:52:23 AM
I swear, if I see one more thread started by yet another whining ballless wonder titled "Am I doing something wrong" or "What am I doing wrong?" someone's going to die.

For the love of god, little whiners, IT TAKES TIME!!!! And if you are still so immature that you even feel the need to post shit like this, then you need to go back and do six more years of junior hi and high school! Grow up already!
 halfnhalf79
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2011 9:53:15 AM
The guy asked for some advice and 3 guys on this thread told him the same thing.

You don't "snag" the chick with "hi". You present her with an oppurtunity to see your profile and show if she is interested.

Isn't "Hi" the way that most conversations begin in the real world?

He could sit there and spend 15 minutes crafting the perfect message for one chick who, 97% of the time, is not even going to read the entire message.

Or he can spend 15 minutes messaging 30 girls and get a few good leads out of it.

It's marketing 101. Get your product in front of as many potential consumers as you possibly can.

It won't work every time but whatever he is doing now is not working either.

Let him judge the "quality" of these people.

And is it really necessary to get on here and insult people? Really? And he's the immature one?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Am I doing something wrong?