Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating "Day" preferences      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KatWing123
Msg: 1
Dating "Day" preferencesPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Is there a specific time or day(s) of the week that you prefer to meet people?

I'm not a big fan of the traditional Friday or Saturday date night. Those nights tend to bring a lot of pressure - the length of the date, the location (and noise in said location), what to do, etc.

I like to meet people Monday - Thursday around 8pm. That way, if they're duds I can blame the time on having to leave! "Oppps...look at the time! Gotta work in the morning!" Don't yell at me - I only did it once! But it is a genius idea, no? On the flip side, if all goes well, you have the weekend for date #2!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 2
Dating Day preferences
Posted: 12/29/2011 12:40:06 PM
I agree. What's wrong with having to leave to get up for work? It's not really a lie. I tend to like to meet someone on the way home from work for a coffee if it's last minute. Just a quick stop somewhere in the direction I'm already going. If it's not last minute I don't mind heading home and meeting someone out later on for a half hour or so.

Sometimes I don't mind Friday or Saturday night, but only if it's for a quick drink/appetizer before I go wherever I'm already headed for the night.

For the first time meeting, neither person wants to be stuck in a long drawn out dinner thing feeling trapped.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 3
Dating Day preferences
Posted: 12/29/2011 12:41:27 PM
Monday through Sunday, from 12:oo am to 11:59 p.m.

I have no set schedule, since the most compatible people for me may not conform to any schedule that I set up. Therefore, I remain open to wherever, whenever.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Dating Day preferences
Posted: 12/29/2011 12:42:22 PM
I like to meet any day of the week between Morning - 6pm. Many make a fuss about it because they want to meet for drinks in the evening. I find it annoying that some don't consider a woman might want to meet during day time hrs.

My favorite is happy hr times or brunches.
 Paderic
Msg: 5
Dating Day preferences
Posted: 12/29/2011 12:45:10 PM
For a first meeting POF style, Saturdays about 10 AM for coffee. It's late enough that everyone SHOULD be up and around. Then it's no big deal to skedaddle after the java's gone.
 christyis4real
Msg: 6
Dating Day preferences
Posted: 12/29/2011 1:05:48 PM
I preferred the weekends because i was off (every other). During the week, my job is exhausting so I honestly did not feel like doing anything but taking a hot shower and sitting down.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 7
Dating Day preferences
Posted: 12/29/2011 1:06:34 PM
~OP~ I don't meet/greet, I date. Therefor that means that most of my dates do happen on Friday and/or Saturday nights. I was thinking back after I read the posts here and I seem to have a flair for first dates happening on holidays for some strange reason. **shrugs** I dunno. Everyone has their own preference. JMO
 OutMind
Msg: 8
Dating Day preferences
Posted: 12/29/2011 2:18:22 PM
In my case, the communication started around Sunday or monday, so by Wednesday it was time to set up a date. Usually for Friday or Saturday night. I had no issues about being a Friday or a Saturday because I was going to have fun regardless. So, most of the time, I did.
 Walts
Msg: 9
Dating Day preferences
Posted: 12/29/2011 2:23:44 PM
NOT on my fishing weekends!!!!! Which eliminates,,,,46-48 of em. And then there is my drinking.

Well, cripers,,,,I just did the math. Somewhere along the lines I must be drinkin and fishin at the same time. Okay,,,now,,,what was the question again.

abelian
Msg: 10
Dating Day preferences
Posted: 12/29/2011 3:07:45 PM

But it is a genius idea, no?

No. A better idea would be to do a better job preselecting dates so that you aren't so certain the date will be a dud that you expect to need an escape plan.
 KatWing123
Msg: 11
Dating Day preferences
Posted: 12/29/2011 3:27:11 PM
A-ha! You might be right. Unfortunately, my picker has been a bit off lately. And some prospective dates don't let their freak flag fly until into the date.
 Texan_Gal
Msg: 12
Dating Day preferences
Posted: 12/29/2011 3:35:23 PM
I prefer the middle of the day on Saturday or Sunday. I'm more relaxed and rested on the weekend instead of tired and dying to get home after work on a weekday.
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 13
Dating Day preferences
Posted: 12/29/2011 11:47:24 PM
Sunday morning – a coffee, walk on the beach or stroll through a few galleries… perfect.
 Akizzej
Msg: 14
Dating Day preferences
Posted: 12/30/2011 2:11:23 AM
full time parent so only between nine am and noon Monday to Fridays... {so if they are duds, I can claim 'collecting child from school' excuse}

I don't drink (much), so bars are out for me.

it's sucky but I can still do coffee, beach/bush walks, libraries/galleries/museums and park picnics plus many other opportunities to get to know someone.
 SC67
Msg: 15
Dating Day preferences
Posted: 12/30/2011 3:07:34 PM
I agree with a week night quick drink (doesn't have to be alcohol). If it turns out to be great you can stay out a little bit late & if not you can blame work. I am not a fan of lunch dates. There's not much romantic about rushing out of the office for what is really a blind date, then watching the clock to be sure you get back to the office in time.

Of course, it depends on the person's schedule & their ability to understand mine. I teach a couple of nights a week. I'm not going to pay someone to teach for me so I can go on a first meet. After working all day & teaching (aerobics) for 2 hours, I am in no mood to go home, shower, get ready & head out for a "meet." I've had guys be adamant that they could only meet me on those days. Sorry...our schedules don't work out...next.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Dating Day preferences
Posted: 12/30/2011 3:22:49 PM
first meets during the day on weekends were my most common course. i figured daylight promoted a feeling of safety for the woman, and maximized visual inspection for everyone. plus i live near the beach, so daylight meets offered the dual advantages of a beautiful setting and casual attire.

i never needed a justification for ending a meet, other than wanting to leave. might be different, though, if i were a woman and that 'freak flag' started vigorously waving.
 OyVay...
Msg: 17
Dating Day preferences
Posted: 12/30/2011 3:52:55 PM
Couple of things on this..for me "anytime is great"!!

I don't see any disadvantage to meeting at her convienence. What's the big deal? I can do early, lunch or later in the day. My schedule is fairly flexible many days. On days it isn't, it would be after 4 PM.

My only problem with the OP, the excuse POV. What are you 12? We're all supposed to be grown ups(I realize some aren't), so if you ain't feelin it, why not tell the truth, you don't see a match and end it early?

I'd rather know the truth, than have a lie. Frankly based on that statement alone, I wouldn't date you. I'd never know if you were lying or telling the truth.

At least that's how I see it.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Dating Day preferences
Posted: 12/30/2011 6:26:26 PM

i never needed a justification for ending a meet, other than wanting to leave.

This here is true for me too. No need to make any excuses.

I had a guy try to manipulate me into thinking I had other things to do after we met. While we were planning our happy hour meet he wrote: “Yes Happy Hour would be good. I’m sure you have friends to see after. We can have a drink before.” It was almost as if he wanted use my schedule (which he made up in his mind) as an excuse to make the meeting short instead of going with the flow. I just said no I don’t have any plans after but I’ll meet you for Happy Hour. LOL.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 19
Dating Day preferences
Posted: 12/30/2011 8:48:42 PM
I would rather meet on a weekend day of that fits their schedule. I get up early for work, & I'm not out at 8pm during the week. I wouldn't meet on a weekend night for a 1st meet, you are right about too much pressure what if within the first few minutes you see no attraction, you certainly don't want to be stuck w/them.
 4UMaybe
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Dating Day preferences
Posted: 1/1/2012 6:48:10 AM
My schedule can be erratic at times so if available I like during the week when the kids are in school. Lunch is always nice.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating "Day" preferences