Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Age Range      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rain.
Msg: 2
Age RangePage 1 of 1    
oh...the mighty age question ...i guess that really depends on your intent.Is it for a relationship or just a roll in the sack ? cause one must not forget what we as teens thought about dating older women/men now they have names for that.I sure wouldnt date someone closer to my sons age then to mine...but thats me and my dammed logical thinking.I personally just shake my head and laff cause i know the end result ....let me guess you think anna Nicole smith married for love? the end result is this....you killing yourself mentally and maybe physically trying to keep up. their is also the flip side of respect....either for yourself or what others may think of you dating someone more your kids age.their are many things to consider ...if my 19 yrold was dating a 40 yrold....i would have little choice but to express my feelings towards that and put an end to it...happy? you want to be happy have a slice of pizza and a pop just leave other peoples kids alone ...thats my take.
 photopilot1
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Age Range
Posted: 1/1/2012 10:58:33 AM
LOL, the OP poses an interesting question. But the reality is that one must also consider whether the age actually stated on the profile is in any way accurate. I'm sure most of the guys here on POF can attest to the number of ladies profiles that somewhere in their About Me section confess to their "true" age, every time at least 5 years older than their profile age. Many are very open about trying to defeat the POF age criteria when people search. Of course my thoughts on that are if you start off with a lie, how many other lies are you telling? So I pass on those profiles anyway.

But realistically, I'd say -7 to + 3 is about the age range I look at. More it's the interests and "tone" of what they say than the raw number of age.

A funny thing I've noticed however (using the Viewed Me feature) is that almost universally, those viewing my profile are from the +5 to +10 years older age range, meaning they're searching younger. Seems everybody wants someone younger than themselves, which is kinda funny when you think about it. Perhaps that's how we really all view ourselves.... younger than our age.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 4
Age Range
Posted: 1/1/2012 4:29:48 PM
I come across alot of ladies who say they date far older men.

I've never dated anyone beyond 6 years younger than myself. With that; I have only dated one lady that much younger than me. I am dating a lady a few years older than myself now; but its not going anywhere.

I would sleep with her for sure though; whenever I'm happy with her anyways. ;P

At 38; I have no clue what the rule is, and really dont want to cross the threshold into creepy old douchebag. With that being said; I love ladies; especially ones with lots of great energy and sexuality.

I think the 'half your age plus 7' rule sounds appropriate. I still dont know if I could feel comfortable with that though.

*shrugs*

What I dont understand are 15, 16 and 17 year olds dating 20 something year olds That just doesnt make sense on "any" of my dating calculators <--Well it does; but it's not in any good senses. ;)
 Rain.
Msg: 6
Age Range
Posted: 1/2/2012 3:45:12 PM
i thought this was some funny shit

I think the 'half your age plus 7' rule sounds appropriate. I still dont know if I could feel comfortable with that though.

*shrugs*

What I dont understand are 15, 16 and 17 year olds dating 20 something year olds That just doesnt make sense on "any" of my dating calculators <--Well it does; but it's not in any good senses. ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 to 20 is 5 yrs , you stated half you age plus 7 yrs.... let me ask you something sweet ...did you skip a lot of math in school ? I think this dating Calculator of yours needs new batteries , maybe from the year 2010 ....instead of 1970 .I`m going to assume you dont have kids ...cause my first thought about whoever i date is about my kids thoughts and needs first....at first when posting in this thread I thought....does it really need to be a topic , Now i look at it.....its a dam good warning sign of those to stay away from.....some of you folks i think might be thinking with that desperate brain....instead of the one you should be using. pretty pathetic in some cases
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 7
Age Range
Posted: 1/2/2012 4:37:15 PM
The difference in lifestyles and maturity levels between a 30 to 35 year old or a 50-55 year old is far different than the lifestyle and maturity levels of a 15 year old to a 20 year old.

In my highschool and University days, any 20 year old + dude who was dating a 15 or 16 year old was known as aa douchebag loser; and could possibly get knocked out fast.

The half your age plus 7 thing was for myself.

Rain.
Msg: 11
Age Range
Posted: 1/9/2012 2:10:24 PM
your kids will Understand? so lets say im dating a 20 yrold ...my son is 19 and im 40 ....are you sure thats ok with you ? i wish i was that blind , there was a statement made about the age range of 15-20 when does this change ? or is it only at 15 ? so you dont think their would be this same issue in a 40 - 20 yrold ? i totally can see why some of you folks are on here ...i`ll tell you this....my Kids wouldnt understand and even to suggest that they would ...is putting a lot on your kids....this thread is an eye opener to the changes in dating habits over the years....maybe im a bit old school...or maybe im just not Pig enough to consider dating 20yr olds or teens....some of you folks need to give your head a shake....you want to feel young again...go to Burger king and have a JR burger.this topic is all based on personal opinion and my opinion is ...a lot of folks in this thread are very ill....good luck ...lol
 aGent Lemon
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Age Range
Posted: 1/9/2012 11:22:56 PM
Having been 34 and dated a particular lady that was 42, from what was made aware... she much -prefered- to be with somebody a few years older than herself, but it seemed rather difficult for her find the fun, yet quite mature type and eventually became too fed up, however knew a close lady friend about her age who has been really happy with a gentleman born 10 years earlier which her friend first, very much took to the way he danced... then soon realized the young man had that certain charming personality and were still involved far a little over a decade, which isn't to say she wanted to feel young again at all... but to just be truly in love.

In my opinion, after reaching 24, both genders on average -should- be mature enough to fully want a commitment.

A mother had introduced her very beautiful daughter that turned 21 to a man who was 32. There was a whole lot of talk going about, but soon most people were encouraging to see it work out. Except, unknown to him and many others... it was because she had been misled by a few closest to her age... and her mom had known the recommended for more that 10 years. She was always extremely happy to be around that person... yet felt it necessary to soon tell her heartbreaking story. From what the man understood, he then gave this young lady several kind suggestions which immediately got her to no longer rely on alcohol, quit smoking, and started to feel absolutely great about herself... and much as he still wanted to be with her... thought she might have to first learn that she doesn't -need- to be intimate to be happy given at least a year for which they agreed to only socialize. Her family and friends were amazed that all it took was this one person living with such a healthy mindset for her to have the same where she now has a much respectable job in regards to her new found confidence , but a bit upset that the two decided to remain as friends.
 aGent Lemon
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Age Range
Posted: 1/10/2012 12:00:11 AM
Also... I don't mind who might think it would be ill of me to allow the possibility to be in a everlasting commitment with a lady over 24 or even over 80 if she takes excellent care of herself... in fact, there was one everybody imagined to be in her early twenties meanwhile she was 60... with a truly vibrant personality always bringing some of us a wide variety of tasty, yet absolutely nutritious drinks and foods... who I would've gladly married if it were entirely possible... and I don't even believe weddings are necessary, however... maybe it'd because she had -proven- herself to be much wiser beyond the vast multitude... that I could just stare at her simply in amazement.
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Age Range
Posted: 1/10/2012 7:41:01 PM
very interesting topic I am 35 so for me 28-45 would be my age range but the maturity factor is always at play I could date a mature 27 yr old and then her 47 yr old aunt that has some growing up to do. Both would be fun rxperiences for sure

Age difference to me isnt an issue but if its more than 10 yrs that is too much so 45 is my cap!
 adventure8
Msg: 16
Age Range
Posted: 2/21/2012 8:42:36 AM
Myself, I limit my interests to about 10 years either way.

I am young at heart and physical abilities.

But I will admit it is almost every older gentleman fantasy to date a much younger woman like he did in his thirties!!! LOL.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Age Range