Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Revenge an eye for an eye?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Julietsdestiny
Msg: 1
Revenge an eye for an eye?Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Do you believe in Revenge?
I'm going back in time some 25 years ago when my estranged husband at that time was dating a 17 year old girl.
It's a long story so I will keep it short.
My ex was residing in MY home and looking after our children whilst I was away and when I returned home, I opened one of my drawers and found my clothing removed and the 17 year old's clothing folded up in MY drawer.
One by one I took each garment and put cigarette holes in each item then carefully folded the clothing and returned it back to where I found it.
I am happy to say that I have since matured, and these day's would have just put her stuff in a bag and given the bag to my ex to give to her
So have you ever committed a 'Revenge' attack if so then what did you do?
Did you feel better after committing the said offense? (I did) and would you do it again? (I would not).
 Viper1E
Msg: 2
Revenge an eye for an eye?
Posted: 1/3/2012 6:20:01 AM
I have a... "friend" that is very tech minded, that placed an ex on a sex offender registry, that ended up costing her her job, and would have cost her custody of her kid, but the kid turned 18 before it happened.

And yeah, it felt VERY good at the time. It's only with the passage of time, that I feel some regret for it.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

"As the sweetest wine will make the most bitter of vinegars, so will the deepest love burn with the hottest of hate" -- Jewish proverb.
 Julietsdestiny
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/3/2012 6:23:55 AM
Wow that's pretty full on. Don't think I would go that far!
 Revilors
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/3/2012 6:24:45 AM
I'm sure there were times when I was younger when I did take out revenge. I just can't think of anything specific. And...I'm sure I THOUGHT it made me feel better.

No I think it's a waste of energy and just serves to salt a wound.

JUSTICE is one thing. Revenge another. I may seek justice.

OH...I was racing bikes (bicycles) with a guy from a nearby neighborhood and we were messing around. My foot got caught in his spokes and broke/bent a couple of them. I didn't mean too. A week later...my bike disappeared and I found it later....all stomped to sh1t. He got his revenge.

I stormed to his neighborhood to extract a little revenge of my own and got my azz beat by him and a couple of his friends.

Guess I showed him.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/3/2012 6:52:39 AM
I don't even know why after 25 years you'd even still be thinking of such a thing..................................
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:00:20 AM
Revenge requires bitterness to be held onto - especially if, as someone said, it's best served cold. That's cheating yourself out of moving on in my view. Bitterness consumes the people that won't let it go.

So no. I don't believe in revenge. I believe in Karma. That means I don't have to hold onto the past and life will dish-out it's own 'revenge' whilst I'm off living mine.
 Julietsdestiny
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:08:36 AM
Trust me I have let it go. I don't think that posting a new thread without the OP's previous experience is a good thing.
This is purely an example! Geez some people really take things to heart.
I have heard some horror stories about revenge and I want to hear more so just chill out ladies and come along for the ride.

TerrieLynnC
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:11:47 AM
Sounds like your the one that needs to "chill out" since your obviously still after 25 years holding a grudge...................
 CarpeOmnia
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:17:03 AM
it was 25 years ago.................................let it go...............................

My take on it is that she was simply using this event, from 25 years ago, as an example of what she was talking about when she created this topic.

From my past relationships...I can't recall when I actually committed a vengeful act...I certainly had thoughts of them. I have always been with Import from uk in the Karma thing. Figured the best I could do after a relationship ended badly, was to pick myself up, dust myself off, pull myself together and build a great life.
When I was thinking vengeful thoughts, I felt miserable and angry...couldn't sleep. It effected every area of my life and I had to let it go to move on.

On the other hand...I have been revenged upon. The worst time was after I ended things with my second husband(the one that got one of his two mistresses pregnant). He was furious that I wouldn't forgive(get over it), but chose to end the marriage. He even thought we would divorce and then rebuild our relationship into another marriage.

His revenge was kinda like Viper's friend. It involved trying to get me fired from my job, running a knife through my children's clothing(not mine), ruining my vehicle by pouring silica sand in the motor, trashing my first boy-friend after him's truck, tons of death threats...end result being a life-time restraining order.
He still lives in anger and bitterness. His daughter recently messaged my daughter on Facebook. In that note she mentioned her dad still blaming me for every bad thing that has happened in his life since I left him...14ish years ago.
 Julietsdestiny
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:17:43 AM
Long live Australian Women and their sense of humour
Happy New Year Miss Loverflower.
Sorry that you still don't get my point.
I am over it (asI said) and this is merely an example from days gone by.
You need a sense of humour woman
 NuMeNow
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:18:46 AM
I agree with Import ^^^^^

I’m of the belief of ‘what goes around comes around’ (Karma) both good and bad. So no, I do not seek out revenge. IMO life is way too short to be spending time and energy getting back at or even with someone. I’m all for justice for a wrong doing, but not revenge.
 _shakti_
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:20:11 AM

My take on it is that she was simply using this event, from 25 years ago, as an example of what she was talking about when she created this topic.
Yeah same.

When I was younger I did. A number of times actually.. is it wrong that it still makes me smile when I think about it? Lol..
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:28:46 AM
When I went to Cali for my second divorce hearing (I was in Missouri) AFTER he and his lawyer had managed to have the first hearing without me, my ex told my son that if I came to the house to get the things granted to me, he would punch me out.

I could have gotten a deputy to go with me, but instead, I went when the ex was at work.

Out of sheer malice, I took his latest Godzilla movie.

I don't know if he ever noticed. My son was given the computer in the settlement and was going taking it back to MO with him although his dad said it needed to stay at the house. My son took the computer.

Three weeks later my son's friend called to say that the ex was drunk and complaining that he couldn't find the keyboard for the computer. The friend pointed out that the entire computer was gone!

Sometimes, revenge takes care of itself.
 apurfectmeow
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:28:50 AM
Forgiving is forgetting and letting things go means not bringing them up decades later.
Vengeance is unhealthy in my opinion. I walk away and sever ALL ties.
Its a lot easier to do than people think.
 abelian
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:28:51 AM

I never have. That's not to say I wouldn't have done so had an opportunity fallen into my lap. I just never thought it was worth the effort to go out of my way to get revenge on an ex. My goal with exes has always been to become indifferent, rather than obsessed and bitter. Becoming obsessed with an ex for revenge or anything else just prolongs time required to become indifferent and is therefore, counter productive.
 *army mom*
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:33:53 AM
I've never done anything for revenge. Thought about it many times, but it's just not my style. I don't like giving that kind of power to anyone who has wronged me. It's just so unproductive.

However, I will admit that if my last ex met an untimely demise through no fault of my own, I'd probably just think karma finally found him ...
 CarpeOmnia
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:35:43 AM
I agree with Abelian. I strive to become indifferent...not obsessed. I knew I had succeeded with my last ex-husband when he complained to me "Where did your heart go?". I had been cool and indifferent and pretty much un-caring with his usual complaints and woes of life.
Truth was...I didn't care.
 Seakyttten
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:37:21 AM
My goal with exes has always been to become indifferent, rather than obsessed and bitter.

I'm the same way and it's actually pathetic to see others that harbor ill feelings toward someone for years. Wanting to exact revenge on an ex might be acceptable in high school but you would think as one ages those feelings would be re-directed toward concentrating on making their own lives bearable instead of sitting around 'plotting' on how they can best get revenge on an ex. Sad, indeed.

Seakytten
 Lookingforsalmon
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:47:42 AM
I'm pretty sure that revenge hurts more the one executing it than the one receiving one. The one who is acting out in revenge does not allow himself to have any peace. The best and only way to have peace is to act graciously and kindly and to move on. Leave the stupid ones, the cheaters and immature ones alone and you will have peace.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:49:59 AM
Years ago when I was in my twenties, my boyfriend started cheating on me with an ex-girlfriend. She left her shampoo and conditioner in his shower. I poured out most of her conditioner and put Nair Hair Removal Cream in the bottle.

Though it felt good at the time, I wouldn't do it again.
 moonwalkerman
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:52:30 AM

So no. I don't believe in revenge. I believe in Karma. That means I don't have to hold onto the past and life will dish-out it's own 'revenge' whilst I'm off living mine.[/]

That pretty much sums it up. People usually get what they deserve, and these can be good things, or bad things. Life has a way to pay people back. I have seen it so many times that I decided a long time ago not to be bothered too much by what people do to me, or by what I perceive as an injustice.
 carptopus
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:55:55 AM

Do you believe in Revenge?

Not on a personal level, it tends to devolve into escalating retribution.

This one time I walked by an ex and she said "hey, I know you, how's it going?!" and I just nodded to her and kept walking. That's about the most vengeful thing I've done to an ex.

Did you feel better after committing the said offense?

Not really. I had shit to do. I didn't feel much more than apprehension at the prospect of having to interrupt my day.

would you do it again?

Yes.
 christyis4real
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:58:24 AM
The only thing that I have done to get a little revenge was to help (2) finance companies/collectors repo both of the ex's and his homewrecking wife's (he married the woman he cheated on me with) new cars. He shouldn't have used me as a reference when he purchased a vehicle.
 ruspukin
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/3/2012 8:03:08 AM
did it, regretted it...when someone does something to you don't like, try to do something back that is good.
 Julietsdestiny
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/3/2012 8:10:03 AM
Moonwalkerman.....I sought of was hoping that Karma would take my ex husband and for a while it didn't. He got his house 4 wheel drive, pool, and a new family.
These days he is trying to make up for 'lost' years with his 3 son's.
My children are not stupid. My eldest is 29 years of age and has shunned his father and to my surprise so have the other two son's.
They have all said he is here now Mum but, where was he when we were growing up and needed him?
My best revenge is being there for my son's and that did not take any effort nor cost any money wasted on swimming pools and cars.
Having my children's respect is worth more to me than anything else in this world, and as their father ages.....I wish him the best.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Revenge an eye for an eye?