Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > pets cats or dogs?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
pets cats or dogs?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I have a 70 year old Tortoise and he can be more terrifying than any rottie/GSD/staff should you be sitting there with no shoes or socks on and he is hungry!
 Whitey5.10.74
Msg: 27
view profile
History
pets cats or dogs?
Posted: 1/5/2012 11:52:30 AM
I love dogs, and I have always had them. I have a 14 years old Patterdale rescue dog called Jake. I got him in 2003. My girlfriend has a Staffordshire Bull Terrier ****, a Staff/ Pitbull cross. They had puppies, we decided to keep one and call it Marley. Marley is 5 months old now, he can be quite naughty. So far he has bitten a hole in the leather settee, he has also tried to bite my girlfriend but he has never tried it with me. Jake hates all other animals, there is no way that he would accept any other dog. At the moment 3 of the dogs live with my girlfriend, as soon as Jake goes they will all move in with me....I'm hoping its next year, I have a fairly new leather settee that could do without Marley's attention.
 Lorri55
Msg: 31
view profile
History
pets cats or dogs?
Posted: 1/5/2012 1:04:50 PM
I have two elderly cats......my partner has one young daft Springer Spaniel
Just as well we both have our own places!!!
They have met a couple of times but it didn't go too well sadly
 chemosaby
Msg: 34
pets cats or dogs?
Posted: 1/5/2012 3:49:42 PM
Neither. Both stink and cover everything with hair. Cats are a man made form of animal pollution.
 isseycat
Msg: 43
view profile
History
pets cats or dogs?
Posted: 1/7/2012 12:02:38 PM
i have had both dogs and cats, still miss my cairn terrorist who was 15 years old when he died but mainly cats now as they are easier to look after, they dont need long walks on a lead, training, dont come in my bedroom, dont chew everything in sight and can be left on thier own during the day without howling the house down and annoying the neighbours
 phissingle
Msg: 44
view profile
History
pets cats or dogs?
Posted: 1/10/2012 1:43:21 PM
Niether.
Cats are absolute **stards, at least dogs can be made to be loyal.
Every time I go for a walk it's spoilt by dog crap, almost every time I set foot in my garden I find cat crap (admitedly this is an issue with their owners more than the animal).
Cats decimate the local indeginous wildlife. Most dogs are physically dangerous to humans.
Any affection you lavish on your pet could be better spent on your lover/ relatives/ friends/ any human being.
If you think your pet loves you, see how it behaves after you stop feeding it.
I see no point in either as a pet, they only have a reasonable worth as a working animal ratter, sheepdog, guide dog.
 stonecastle
Msg: 49
view profile
History
pets cats or dogs?
Posted: 1/21/2012 2:42:11 AM
This advert made me laugh; Hala pet food for muslim pets: http://www.halalpetproducts.co.uk/ What next churches doing baptisms for christian pets.
 eve1962
Msg: 56
view profile
History
pets cats or dogs?
Posted: 1/22/2012 7:09:31 AM
Dogs for me. Still miss my boy after over 3 years. Would love another one, but work full-time so can't get one. The dog I had came to me via an ex and was left to being left alone longer than I had to leave him, so he was better off with me. Thought about getting a cat, as I do miss having a pet. But had one come in the house recently a few times - just wandered in through the open patio door and made itself at home. But it was clawing the carpet and when it jumped on my lap and got settled, it clawed me - not in a nasty way, but it bloody hurt, so no cat for me.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > pets cats or dogs?