Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What is the worst way you were ever dumped?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 softy599
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What is the worst way you were ever dumped?Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Ouch! That man had no balls! Geez!
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 3
What is the worst way you were ever dumped?
Posted: 1/6/2012 4:21:36 PM
that is HILAROUS....

honestly its toooo funny...

did your dad tell your mom so she could tell you ?
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/6/2012 4:32:30 PM
by a poetry.

but we only went out a few times.
No connection.
so the rhyme had no sting.

but I will have to hand it to her.
It was a clever verse.
 _allen_
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2012 4:47:09 PM
Dated a beautiful young lady for several months. Over Saturday morning breakfast, she informed me of career heightening opportunity.

Her: I have a surprise?
Me: I like surprises!

Her: I got a new job!!!
Me: That's wonderful, love!

Her: Here is the best part ...
Her: It's in New Zealand!!!
Me: ... wait, what?

Me: When are you expected to ship off?
Her: Monday morning!!!
Me: ...

(True story)
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/6/2012 4:52:26 PM
I just had buried my father, he calls me from his cell & says since I like the original star trek & he likes deep space nine, we are not a match AFTER 3 years together
this was BEYOND CRUEL
of course, I beleive in KARMA
 windchymes
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2012 5:37:14 PM
By email, while I was chatting with his daughter on messenger. And even though the night before, he had sent his usual love & kisses sleep tight email, in this email he told me he had met someone a couple nights before and went home with her the same night, so he must not love me.

Tragic at the time, but now, just another dodged a bullet moment, lol.
 MisterRiiight
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2012 10:16:46 PM
I rode my moped 80 miles in the freezing cold just to meet this woman and all she could do was laugh at me. She told me that her dates usually pick her up in a private plane and my moped just wasn't going to cut it.

Okay, just in case someone does a search on my user name, this is a joke.
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/6/2012 10:36:26 PM

Every time I've been dumped or rejected has been the worst way.
This is my experience. I'm not head over heals or very passionate, but most people I couldn't give two shakes about, so I consider those I connect with to be very special in my world.

This one doesn't really count -- I had been hanging out with this woman at clubs for months. Her best friend was always trying to get us to hook up. I went to her friends house once because she was trying to get the two of us "official". Weeks later, I decided to stop goofing around and really pursue this club chick. I was invited to her home for something ( I don't even remember what ) but a friend of hers showed up unannounced, and her kids spilled all the beans on everything that was/had been going on between them.

Talk about being a third wheel....sheesh...
 goldenheart31
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2012 2:22:08 AM
I was dumped on Facebook. Been seeing this guy for about a year. Spent the night at his house, as we normally did on Fridays. Everything was normal, told me he loved me when I left. I hopped onto Facebook later in the day to see he'd changed his status to in a relationship with someone who was not me. He did not return my calls, so I sent him an email asking what's up. He replied please don't hate me and that was it.

We had a conversation early on in our relationship about how hard it must be to be in high school now because that kind of thing can happen to you (my cousin changes her status every two days or so). I was 31 at the time. I would have been more devastated had it not been so hilarious that I was an adult that got dumped on Facebook.
 smothy
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/7/2012 3:18:19 AM
In a court room where i lost the right to bring up my kids
65% of 20years effort and had to pay for the privilege
 Walts
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/7/2012 8:08:53 AM
Thinking back now, I have yet to remember the "worst" dumping I have ever taken. They were all "too good to be true" in my books. Happy with everyone of em,,,,,now.

I can say this,cause I never once "died" when getting dumped. The daugher and I were just talking about how sometimes(almost all the time actually) "good" things come out of what looks like a shiatty situation. We were talking about how,because of my split with her mother and I,,,we now have her "step" sister,a 9 year old gem that we both love very much. Today,we couldn't live without her. If I never split with the ex,,,,we wouldn't have her here today.
 marty122
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/7/2012 8:12:15 AM
I Dont know if meet and greets count!i had more bad expreinces that way,than being dumped.
its mentally exhausting.no honest and good guys there in this era of time i live in tampa
guys r either married,wierd,players,convicts.
 gypsylady20090
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2012 10:30:45 AM
Ooooh man, that had to hurt !! That would definitely be the worst !!
 SC67
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/7/2012 10:34:38 AM
hmmm...over the phone on my birthday? That was the night of my company picnic/ballgame where he was going to meet my friends, after dating 7 months. Was supposed to be a good time... That was only surpassed to be stood up 4 months later on New Year's Eve, never to be heard from again. Yes, same guy, I was dumb enough to take him back.

Note to self...no 2nd chances.
 Womac911
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2012 1:29:39 AM
I'll have to condense this to the very basics.
In 1992, I ran into a girl I was previously seeing. We had lost contact. I was told we had a daughter together... We resumed, spent lots of time together with the girl, but again, we had lost contact...she just vanished. I searched for years. I wanted to help raise my daughter.
Flash forward to the end of 2008, during the time of my divorce, my becoming-an-ex-wife suggested I try to find my daughter and her mother. I tracked down the mother.
I was told our daughter had passed away four years earlier. She's thought about me all this time....We wound up getting back together... I wanted to get to know who my daughter was. Things started out great and I was learning about my daughter.
Flash forward six months, and she'd soaked me for $35k, ran away with the BMW I bought as a family hauler (she came with two kids) explaining that "you don't have your sh*t together, I don't love you" and left me paying for a very expensive house we moved into.
A few weeks later, I learn the "daughter" wasn't mine. Wasn't even hers, and never passed away. It was her niece who she was watching for a few weeks.

I'll never be involved with a bi-polar again. Wish I'd have known beforehand.
 christyis4real
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/8/2012 7:54:37 AM
Worst way that I have been dumped was when my ex husband told me out of the blue that he didn't love me after 12 years and come to find out he commited adultery and moved the home wrecker and her kids in our house (a week after I moved out ..which was a huge mistake in itself) Oh yes...definitely the worst way.

Second worse...not hearing another word out of the dude. Being totally ignored out of the blue for reasons you have no clue about. But I do have to say that I was glad in the end. He was a loser.
 Paderic
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/8/2012 8:07:24 AM
I can't recall too many good ways.
 itechman63
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2012 9:50:22 AM
Since the breakup scene in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" was a true re-enactment of a breakup experience of Jason Segal's, it'd be hard to top his!
 chromelove08
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 11:19:17 PM
OOOKKK i have 2 stories....
i was dating this guy and he was coming over almost every night after work...he would even go grocery shopping for me. i thought it was sweet. Anyway one night we were laying in bed and he asked me if i know what hpv was. I said well i've heard of it but don't know exactly what it was. he told me it was like genital warts and blah blah blah. Then I started talking about my dog who was stolen from me 3 years ago and wished i could have her back and all that. The next night he texted me and said he couldn't be with me because I didn't know what hpv was and that i wanted my dog back and that was stupid.

2nd one---I was in a relationship with this guy and we went to get alcohol one night, went back to his house to drink and watch movies and all that good stuff. I only got to see him on weekends because of our schedules. The next weekend he stopped talking to me. I tried to call and text and nothing. Finally 2 weeks later he said that his mom had died on dec 18th and he was depressed. I said well i wish you would of told me instead of ignoring me. he said well i can't see you anymore because she died after drinking the alcohol that you bought that weekend.
 AddHomonym
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/13/2012 12:03:54 AM
This might not really count because it was totally self-inflicted.

She was my first girlfriend, an older woman in Grade 5. She was so "out of my league"...lol
At some point, things were cooling off and I wrote her this heartfelt letter. As I wrote it one my teeth came out and I thought it would be nice to include it with the letter.

When I called her up later, her dad answered the phone. He explained that the letter was nice, Cindyloowho liked it but the bloody tooth was a bit much and she wouldn't be seeing me anymore...LOL
 AddHomonym
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/13/2012 8:06:24 AM
How about an embarrassing tale of unrequited love...or is that too much of a stretch?

I had a wicked crush on this girl in highschool, she was gorgeous, popular, lived in a big fancy house and she was genuinely cool. How I ever managed to wind up in her house listening to records is a complete mystery to me. She also had a boyfriend.

Being a romantic moron, I decided to write her a poem, write it up in calligraphy, tie a red ribbon around it and dropped it at her door on the Eve of Christmas. When I spoke to her a few days later she explained to me that she awoke to the sounds of laughter on Christmas morning. As she descended the stairs, her entire family was gathered around reading my poem (which was not addressed to anyone) aloud in the living room.

Needless to say, that never went anywhere...lol

She is a prominent Canadian musician now.
 DragonBits
Msg: 27
Posted: 1/13/2012 10:34:56 AM
This isn't me, but I had a frenemy named David, his wife dumped him in a well planned annihilation.

David is a first class jerk with women, tall and good looking, but not only no morals, a humiliating behavior towards women. For a time we used to hang out together, we were both single at the time and once my GF said he grabbed her ass and try to hit on her while I was in the bathroom. The reason I knew Dave was he had given me a tip to a great investment, in six months I made $150,000 on a $15,000 outlay. So I hung with him for a time, and I am a good listener and curious about the “story”. Most people have a “story”.

David used to cheat on his wife, no surprised there to me, but she was a French national living in the USA with a green card. Some of the stories Dave told me about his past activities with women were a bit disgusting.

His wife convinced David to sell all his belongings, quit his job and move to Paris. Her father was a highly placed Gov official in France, and would help David set up a stock brokerage business, David was a securities analyst.

Once they got to France and Dave had spent most of his available funds, his wife files for divorce in Paris, using adultery as a reason.

Dave didn't speak french and had no money left, French people really don't like English speaking people, and they love revenge, it is a kind of art form for the French.

He had to borrow funds to return to the USA, and when I met him he was living in a office in a small brownstone. I was at his apt/office, he had to get up before 7:00 to use the shared bathroom because after that the dentist office would need to have it for their clients.

I had to admire the work of his ex-wife, no doubt Dave deserved this sort of treatment, but he was even more bitter towards women, so I guess other women continued to get negative fallout from him.

Another thing I have learned, there are always two sides to every “story”.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/15/2012 12:48:41 PM
I got dumped, & he did me a favor. I had a few dates w/a guy he came from a wealthy family, was very spoiled & self absorbed. We were not a match, he took me out to dinner, then he called me up to complain about how much the bill was, especially the alcohol bill, stressing that, like it was my fault. He was the one who invited me out, he picked the place. He called & asked me to come over for a BBQ , I wasn't able to make it, as I was at the barn w/my daughter. He expected me to drop everything to rush over b/c that's what he wanted. I really couldn't say much in front of my daughter but explained I couldn't make it, I had to stay later to water the horses before I left. This made him angry. He said, "I don't care! Leave now & come over! What's more important, seeing me or the horses having water?" Who could be cruel to an animal like that? He had no problem letting 50 horses suffer so he could have his way. He hung up on me, & never talked to me again. I called him back after I watered them, & he didn't answer. I called again the next day, in an attempt to part in a civil manner. Like a spoiled child he blew me off cold. It was ok to leave these beautiful majestic creatures go without the water they needed to surive, so the self asorbed wealthy child could have his way. He sees me at work almost everyday, & although it's been almost 3 years, we do not speak a word to each other.
 chromelove08
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2012 2:37:08 PM
Yea I totally agree with that. I love animals more than I do most people and i told my bf from the very beginning that if he didn't treat my dog well then we wouldn't work out.
 0ldhag
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/15/2012 4:37:56 PM
We had dated a year...split because of distance (I was living in Afghanistan, he in canada)...a year after we split he face booked me saying he wanted to marry me...because I truely loved this guy, I told him I was coming home in a month, let's meet each other and see what happens ( I was considering moving back to Canada to be with him) ... Ya, a week later he was dating someone else...didn't find this out til I had arrived home...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What is the worst way you were ever dumped?