Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > How do I actually contact customer service?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chicklet81
Msg: 1
How do I actually contact customer service?Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
So I tried creating a profile a few days ago. I filled out all the required stuff, did the two tests, uploaded pictures etc.

But then I noticed I had no views, I couldnt type in forum, I couldnt message anyone and when I went to upgrade my account it said that my profile was not complete. I sat for literally hours and couldnt figure out how it wasnt complete. I messaged them twice over 3 days and got no reply.

So I figured something was just screwy and I would try again after talking to friends who have accounts here and they had no problems.

So I started fresh, did it all again. And it worked instantly.

Til today, I get a message saying I have violated one or more of the rules. Well I definitley havent harrassed anyone, and unless 5 messages are excessive, then I didnt violate that either. The other rule was duplicate accounts. I am guessing it has to be this one they thing I broke. But I waited and waited and go no reply and it wasnt working. I dont have duplicate accounts, the other one doesnt work.

I can not seem to get a reply from anyone, and I dont want this account to actually be blocked and deleted.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
 Chicklet81
Msg: 2
How do I actually contact customer service?
Posted: 1/8/2012 1:06:24 PM
Well I thought I would go try and delete it, but I cant even log into it. It says its not a valid user name.

When I had it open and was trying to message people etc etc, a friend tried to search for me by user name and it wouldnt show me.

I guess I will try emailing them again. Geesh, you'd think if they could figure out I MIGHT have two accounts. They could have gotten the multiple emails telling them my account wasnt working....
 Chicklet81
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/8/2012 1:14:24 PM
I have messaged them. Here is hoping they do reply. I also updated my email account and it accepted it this time so I am assuming they did delete the account that wasnt working.

Thank you for your help :)
 Ettie12134
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/22/2013 10:24:02 AM
I am not able to reply to a message, do not understand about receiving more that a certain amount of messages to be deleted, I find this site to be useless....i may be free or is it? I get flirts or messages and cannot fo anything bout them. Am I not using this site in the right way?
 labellfemme
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/25/2013 1:47:06 PM
I've attempted several times to email POF but each time I got no reply. Kinda frustrating because the site is for consumer use, yet when one has difficulty it appears no one has the courtesy or cares enough to bother responding to that person's questions. That's no way to run a website/business.
 Holly63
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/4/2013 8:53:44 PM
Sorry you've been scammed. Would you consider hiding your profile for a short time, or reporting and blocking your alleged scammer so he or she can't contact you anymore, or deleting your pics for a while or changing your username?

You don't necessarily need to remove your profile just because of one person. However if you feel the need to, follow the steps in Help. Good luck. x
 Tazzy447
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2013 6:44:41 AM
Hi , Ive been Hit by people who email me telling me there accounts are not available or gone without any notice etc. and I dont know what to tell them? its like one day they log on and cant so who do they contact??
any idea will help so I can pass this along thanks , most are good people so even Im confussed as to why this is happening and seems a lot more latley?
 colorado4
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2013 5:54:16 PM
Hi

Could you read my profile, I don't understand what Leo Johnson is doing in my profile, I have not got one response over the summer,
Could I talk to someone to fix this
Julie
 forum_moderator
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2013 6:12:47 PM

no need to talk to someone
just go to edit your profile
and fix your name - sometimes glitches happen and it appears like the system put in the wrong name - just change it to julie

And while you're at it - go delete your other profile.

the other
Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here || TOS ||

agoraphobic_insomniac
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/30/2013 1:38:02 PM
No, his username is still an active profile; he has a hidden profile (you need to be logged in to the dating side of the site to access his profile from his forum posting. A username name search would show nothing).

If you are receiving the pop-up that states "You have been blocked by this user, try someone else", then that user has blocked you. The site itself is merely doing what the user has asked them in blocking you from further contact.
 brandy6081
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/4/2014 11:00:23 AM
I need help I have met this guy on here and he does nothing but harass me. I have blocked him on here but some how he can see what I am doing on here. I need help resolving this issue. I like this site and I would like to continue to use this site I just need help. his name on here is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I don't know what else to do. please help

thanks
please tell me how to contact customer service
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/4/2014 2:14:23 PM
Msg: 22
I need help I have met this guy on here and he does nothing but harass me. I have blocked him on here but some how he can see what I am doing on here.

Brandy, how is he harassing you?

Can you confirm he is on your Blocked Users page?

http://www.pof.com/blockedusers.aspx

That link will take you to your Blocked Users. You can also use the Users I Blocked link found in messages.

To report someone, sign into pof.com and then view the profile you want to report. Then click the Report User link located near the very bottom of the profile page.

You can also make a report with an email to POF Customer Service with the email address you used to sign up, using the address below. Click it to use an email program or copy and paste for web mail.

csr@pof.com

Until this gets resolved, hide your profile with the link found in "To hide your profile from others click here" on the Edit Profile page. This will remove you from his search results, though he may still be able to view your profile if he's bookmarked it.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2014 3:51:39 PM

I need help I have met this guy on here and he does nothing but harass me

Read here Tennesse State Law - Title 39 - Chapter 17 - Harassment and if it fits the definition contact your local authorities.

POF is not a judicial or legal oversight board - at worst they'll kick him off the site if he breaches the Terms of Service and Conduct

the other
Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here || TOS ||
 seekingu1962
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Downgraded a few day early
Posted: 3/10/2014 5:59:54 AM
I am curious as to why my account was downgraded a few days early when I paid for a year subscripition. It should not have expired until the 13th of March but became a non-upgraded member today the 10th. Sent an e-mail to POF and attempted to call but the phone call only goes to VM they are unable to take calls at this time. Frustrating to say the least. Not sure if I will renew at this point.

Unless things were rectified during today - your profile shows as an upgraded status.

the other
 TallTalentedTerrific
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/1/2014 12:48:48 PM
I want my profile deleted but everytime I go to help and follow the steps to delete my account it says my username or password is incorrect. How can this be when I sign in with this password and username. I have emailed POF at least five times and no response whatsoever. How do I get off of this site!!!!!!! I hate it and I am ready to contact the Attorney General for my State. I know it is free but they are holding me hostage. I want off.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2014 3:23:20 PM

Well, I can't answer for the customer service here - but keep hammering at them as it's not a case of them holding you hostage, but something has corrupted in your profile - just keep forwarding the same sent email on a daily basis until you get satisfaction.

the other
 nicecpaguy1026
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/9/2014 7:37:05 AM
I can understand that since this is a mostly free service that things like customer service staff and programming staffs are not going to be as big as they are on eharmony or match. That's fine. But I've had friends who basically decided to be upgraded users (and actually pay to use the service) and their concerns also get ignored. It seems like if someone is paying to use the service, they should get some customer service.
 Markken34
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/10/2014 12:23:24 PM
can you help cant get ant mess on here
 forum_moderator
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2014 4:37:46 PM

can you help cant get ant mess on here

???? - read what you wrote and try again.

the other
 dikrambone
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/23/2014 8:15:18 PM
Let me please tell you about how these dating sites work...if you come up with a complete line of crap, you'll definitely get responces from women. My friend says one thing, "If you tell the truth, you probably won't get a reply...and if you do, you'll likely be getting dissed." You should know, like I should've known, that women tend to believe the complete crap that the narcissistic I LUV ME type ***holes, who seem to be Lucky Pierre with the ladies type of men, seem to use as their M.O. I've seen that all my life. I'd like to be like them, but find it difficult at best to take advantage of a person for sex. Guys tell them what they want to hear, so when they suck his genitals on the first date, they won't appear like a douch-bag slut. They'll be saying they thought he was Mr.F. Perfect. Think why these girls are on POF to begin with. Either they're very ****y picky witches who lost in their last relationships, or they just like to sleep with as many guys they can until Mr.F.Perfect finally shows up...and of course he will. He'd be the next guy who promises them the moon, only to forget that part once he dips his wick in them a few times. You see, these girls don't think they look bad in any way...they'll try to appear like the victim as usual. Why am I on POF? I'm on POF because I'm lonely and need female company. I may not be Mr.F.Perfect, but I know I'm attractive, intelligent and a nice honest man. That just don't seem to cut it for those girls seeking Mr.F.Perfect.

Blah blah blah ........ cry us a river.

the other

POF won't even completely delete my account. I tried swearing, pleading with them to stop sending me e-mails with bull-shit from picky spoiled little delusional women. Until you change your profile, and bend the truth a whole bunch to impress the royal women on this site, you won't be getting a reply back. The last girl actually replied...she said something about the fact that I mentioned that I may have already messaged her, but I may have forgotten because it has been awhile. She basically gave me a blast of shit for NOT keeping track of the girls I messaged, and because I said I smoked OCCASIONALLY, she said she doesn't want to be around smoke. I don't even smoke cigarettes, and definitely not indoors oif I did. Like, WTF??? Out of about 50 messages to women on POF in the past 2 years, only TWO have replied. If you didn't be courtious and never replied back to them, IF they ever actually sent you a message, you'd be considered not worthy in these women's eyes. Not all women are like this, just all the ones I've asked out for a damn tea/coffee with. I almost wish I were uni-sexual...holy shit, I am. LOL Good luck with your pursuit in finding a damn friend on internet dating sites...YOU BEST PERFECT UP BOYS...or at least bull-shit like you are. And as if these women are perfect eh? Only in their minds. I'd rather be in hell than play this cyber-shit game trying to do what used to come natural. This crap is the Twilight Zone to me. This may work for uber-confident & extroverted type guys, but if you're shy, introverted and/or quiet, then GOOD DAMN LUCK at even getting a reply saying that you ain't good enough for her basically. I would say that I hope the best for you other guys, but to be honest, I'd be lying. Misery loves company they say. Right now, I'll be asking POF to completely delete everything about me and stop sending me tease e-mails...if they say they can't, I'll try swearing on my profile...even go as far as insulting a woman in a message. Weird shit, the women can say almost anything to you on POF, but if you say something they don't like, such as THE TRUTH, you'll get canned? That's great, we'll see if those rules are correct. Bottom line being, either you're a guy who knows exactly how to talk to POF girls, and succeed with numerous women (like my buddy who bull-shits women all day long and feels he is not being an ***hole, but gets laid by ALL of them), or you get nothing. Start the line of crap with the girls if you want to bed as many women as possible. But, if you're like me, and only want a friend who is female, with MAYBE something else if you're lucky...then good luck. What the ****???

Why didn't you just use your original StLucifer profile to give this whaaaa rant?

I swear sometimes ....

the other
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/23/2014 10:11:10 PM
POF won't even completely delete my account. ~Msg: 31

Delete Account -ยป http://www.pof.com/deleteaccountb.aspx
 tahig
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2014 9:13:25 AM
im a user on here and im contacting u all about a friend of mine who had a page abd u all deleted his page andhe didnt violate none of the rulespod his user name was tru912 i helped him set up his profile nothing was vulger about his page at all and if u all investigated any allegations against him then im pretty sure u didnt find anything please contact me back pertaining to this matter because his profile didnt deserve to be deleted thanks for reading my complaint

So do you supervise your friend 24/7 too when they are online.
How exactly do you know what they are doing all the time?
That being said, POF will not discuss their account with you.
IF, POF responds to anyone it is ONLY the account holder.
Your friend can email csr@pof.com from the email address that was associated with the closed account.

Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here || TOS||
Complaint Department HERE
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/13/2014 9:41:02 PM
Try sending a note to this address: CSR@pof.com
 norm208732
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/16/2014 2:00:33 PM
how do yu delete old coversations
 UncleRoy62
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/16/2014 2:12:58 PM
How the hell can I cancel this subscription???? Seems that Pof is side stepping and will not allow one to cancel!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > How do I actually contact customer service?