Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Would you date somebody like me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RedElectric
Msg: 2
Would you date somebody like me?Page 1 of 1    
Well, firstly, your page looks good. Lots of good info.
For me personally, I don't like the long winded emails. I hate having conversations over text when we could meet face to face and have a really in depth conversation and not have to wait in between for answers. You both did great giving each other questions but it seems you got lost in the mix/she lost interest.

Maybe just shoot her another email saying, "We just skimmed the surface! I think we'd have lots to talk about if we were able to have a chat face to face. You available to join me for a bit of window shopping and a tea this Saturday?" Now, if she doesn't reply or take the bait, you can at least say you tried.
 911love
Msg: 4
Would you date somebody like me?
Posted: 1/9/2012 1:50:28 PM
I would date someone like you. Just gotta ask her right out. You are cute and educated, and your messages were not whacked! Don't take the non response personal. It is so hard to feel what the other person wants online. So strange that our society has become this way through social media and all! Good luck!
 911love
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/9/2012 5:09:46 PM
I guess it depends on the chick. If after a few chats I felt comfortable I'd meet up with a guy. Always make it casual like a lunch, or an art festival where its open and yet you can have a conversation.
 RedElectric
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/10/2012 9:58:35 AM
Wouldn't trust be a big issue? I mean after 1-2 PM asking someone out to met you

As long as it's not 1-2 AM, you're fine. You wouldn't believe the guys who ask me out AFTER midnight like I'm gonna say yes. pfft

-edit-
oooooh crap you meant after 1 or 2 private messages. LoL. Yeah, still do it. :)

DeadPoetScience
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2012 11:36:54 AM
My only comment is you didn't have to mention that you've only been fishing for two months, because it's obvious! You should expect roughly half of all conversations to go exactly how this one went: you send a thoughtful, well-written message; you get a thoughtful, well-written response; you respond and never hear back from her again. If that frustrates you, check out now, because it's not going to get any better. Especially on POF.

There's nothing I'd change about your profile. You look and read like a positive, happy person. But you will interact with many, many women who will just stop talking out of the blue.

You could handle that my way. I've been online dating for over 3 years now, and twice so far I have done a little experiment. When I'm in a rut and not meeting any quality women for a stretch of a couple of months, I go back through my email history and message every woman who dropped the conversation why she dropped it. Just be honest, what was it about me or about the conversation that made you drop it? The first time I got nearly a 50% answer rate, the second time I got about 30%. Most of the time, the women who never responded at all say that I was too far away, too short, didn't find me attractive, etc. - stuff I can't do anything about. The most common reason both times (which, in fairness, may have been a lie) was that the woman found someone to be serious with and was going with that guy. In total, I contacted over 60 woman in both experiments combined, and only one who responded said it was anything I could have done anything about (I'm 420-friendly). Nothing about my profile, my message itself, etc. It's very strange, and I don't do it myself, but a lot of people just drop conversations that are otherwise fine.
 You go first
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/21/2012 4:19:32 PM
Many women (and guys) are chatting/corresponding with several people at the same time. They will chat with you while they are waiting for their 'favourite' to make a move. If they do, they're gone. If they don't get anywhere with their favourite, you're possibly the next in line. Apparently women are worse for this than guys.

There's no obligation for them to tell you they're chatting with someone else - assume they are and proceed accordingly.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Would you date somebody like me?