Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter [closed]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter [closed]Page 1 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
WASHINGTON, Jan 12 (Reuters) - The U.S. Marines have identified the unit whose forces are suspected of being behind a video appearing to show them urinating on the bodies of dead Taliban in Afghanistan, a Marine officer told Reuters on Thursday.

The officer, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the Marines in question were believed to be from the 3rd Battallion, 2nd Marines, which is based out of Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.

WARNING: Disturbing footage

link

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/12/marines-urinating-taliban-video_n_1202139.html

This is just sick. No reason for this sort of behavior whatsoever. You'd expect this from savages, not the U.S. military. All this will do is give more motivation for the Taliban to recruit and kill more U.S. men and women overseas.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 2
Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter
Posted: 1/12/2012 4:52:40 PM

This is just sick. No reason for this sort of behavior whatsoever. You'd expect this from savages, not the U.S. military. All this will do is give more motivation for the Taliban to recruit and kill more U.S. men and women overseas.

Yeah, we heard the same type of comment when the pictures of the abuses at the Abu Ghraib prison came out.

The military in these last two wars haven't really done much to make me feel proud of them. We were lucky to come out of Iraq with some dignity, even though we accomplished nothing there. The same thing most likely will occur in Afghanistan.The reports of the soldiers' misconduct don't make things easier for our country when dealing with the people of the countries that we invaded.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/12/2012 4:57:01 PM
When you get young men they're going to do stupid stuff.

It's actually a credit to the military just how rare stupid behaviour is in the forces. Compared to a similar number of fraternity members, you'll find the military looks good. Of course that's just taking the broad view.
 swingarm1966
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:01:30 PM

You'd expect this from savages, not the U.S. military.

The US world Police are savages. Local US police are very good apprentices. There are good people in the military, dont get me wrong but the overall bottom line is that the military has become collectively insane.

LA Cop Punches Special Needs Woman In The Face On A Bus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1w_RZ5vnys
 MaidenKiev
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:07:53 PM
It is sad. But it does not shock me. People think the Military is so well behaved. Not to sure why. A lot of the Military are young men and women just shy of being in the Prison system. Not all, but a lot are. And probably just made it in time to pass the back ground.

And no, I am not being mean. It is true. Some have hopes the Military will * change * people . Yeah, sure.

Humans can be sick people. I do not like seeing this stuff.
 Aries_328
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:11:50 PM

The US world Police are savages. Local US police are very good apprentices. There are good people in the military, dont get me wrong but the overall bottom line is that the military has become collectively insane.

LA Cop Punches Special Needs Woman In The Face On A Bus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1w_RZ5vnys

This is actually not an American issue. It is a human one. People have a tendency to not display the best side of their nature especially in an environment where being kind isn't exactly a survivable option.

Yes, this can be used as propaganda. Yes, they should be held accountable. Yes, it should never be seen as acceptable. Yes, it is entirely not surprising.

How many times have you heard it said in your life... "I'm going to f*n kill you and p*ss on your ...." And as we have unfortunately seen in the past, "I'm going to cut your F*n head off" isn't exactly a euphemism either... People suck.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:22:35 PM
Well at least they were dead.

I don't wish to criticize those at war in a sh_thole country
while I am snug and safe here.
What they did is in bad taste.
But if some folks hadn't of flown planes into our buildings from that country....
they would be urinating at home.

Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:25:04 PM

War is hell, get over it.

But if some folks hadn't of flown planes into our buildings from that country....
they wouldn't be there.

This happened in Saudi Arabia?
 swingarm1966
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:25:54 PM
US military and the ps3 war game culture seems to be trying to insure that there is a steady stream "new recruits" Its my understanding the dept of defense injects money into game development for xbox and ps3 etc

Here is the content of an email sent to my son from battlefield 3 a ps3 war game

Get kudos for your kill streak
Carbines, choppers, tanks, and more: you can spell death a hundred different ways in Battlefield 3™, and you've done 'em all. But don't keep that beautiful headshot to yourself—show off your stats and screenshots on Facebook.
 shyshy84
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:28:19 PM
boys will be boys
 swingarm1966
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:31:52 PM

Is this first hand knowledge ?
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:34:12 PM

Is this first hand knowledge ?

I heard it from a guy who knew a guy, who once dated a girl who went to school with this guy that said it.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:35:04 PM

So that gives someone the right to piss on anothers dead body?

No one said war doesn't take it's toll on people but in the warzone you have certain guidelines and principles to uphold. This type of behavior does nothing but paint the U.S. Military in a bad light and the rest that do good by honoring those principles a bad name.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:42:06 PM
...So that gives someone the right to piss on anothers dead body?..

No, I am not saying it gives them the right, just saying that expecting someone to act in accordance to rules and regulations with regards to how you treat other people that are trying just as hard to blow your head off as you are theirs, is retarded.

I bet this is tame compared to other things that have happened during this war and all others.

The only difference in this case was someone was stupid or opportunistic enough to video tape it.
 Sniper308
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:47:06 PM
Seriously, I wished they'd have urinated on a Koran as well. Had the moment been right, it would have been hunky dory with me if they'd taken a serious dump on the bodies (and Koran) as well. Too bad there weren't some pigs handy; pig blood and pig guts on a dead raghead carcass. Works for me.

Flame on.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:47:11 PM
Well considering they were all a team of snipers picking off people from 300+ yards away they weren't what I would call directly in harms way. Never the less, these men should be accountable for their own actions and there is no rime or reason behind it.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:48:20 PM
The terrorist were Saudi,
But the operation was set up and operated out of Afghanistan
where Bin Laden had his base.

The Afgani govt could have turned him over.
....or ran him out of the country.
They didn't.
So we are there now.
Urination on dead Taliban is just a side effect
of bad choices others made.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:50:37 PM

So we are there now.
Urination on dead Taliban is just a side effect
of bad choices others made.

Agreed, maybe if the US goverment had not and continue to fund the Taliban this probably would not have happened.
 swingarm1966
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/12/2012 6:04:17 PM

Anyone that shot at me or my fellow countrymen I would piss all over them and thoroughly enjoy it! Fkk the Taliban piss on the lot. Bunch of dirty stinking scumbags.

Unfortunately many other innocent people have been killed. The US troops were hauled into this slaughter of innocent people by the bankers aka "scumbags". 911 was clearly a false flag but it will not become wholesale knowledge for many years i suspect. What a waste.
 Buckets_of_Sky
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/12/2012 6:25:59 PM
Hmmm, big talk from the comfort of your own home. Your buddies are not getting blown up, your life isn't on the line every time you leave your base, you don't see innocents being blown up or shot, or small kids torn to bit by a bomb. Yea, one can lose control at the inhumanity of the whole lot and get a little crazy at times. These people aren't all superman or Mother Theresa, they are just people.

It isn't just Americas military or police, no not at all, it is prevalent in every country, yes even Canada. It is where and when humans are confronted with the loss of control or with too much control, frustrated or pushed into a corner, angry or scared. We humans are not far removed from our animal base. We can shake our collected finger at those that have acted out of societal norms, esp those that are held to a higher standard, so we can feel morally superior but until we, ourselves are standing in their shoes we can't speak to their actions.

Besides it could have been blown out of portion since it takes a lot to sell newspapers or get an article in the Huffington Post.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 6:45:01 PM
Big talk? How about the fact that displaying such behavior just adds more fuel onto the fire and motivation for the taliban to recruit more terrorist? You want to talk about buddies getting blown up, so video taping a dead body of theirs getting pissed on does what to the safety and security of our troops over there? Nothing. Why don't you think about their actions in which they displayed that will end up putting our troops over there in even more harms way because of it.
 Tah,
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/12/2012 6:50:37 PM

don't wish to criticize those at war in a sh_thole country

Then why can't your country win this war if they are as you elequently put it.
 Revilors
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/12/2012 6:54:14 PM
Well said Buckets

I once saw a video of a defenseless, unarmed journalist being beheaded while alive. That was disturbing.

Although it is against expected professional military behavior...I'll withhold moral judgement one THEM until I've walked a few miles in their shoes.

There are many of us that would implode if we had nearly the experiences some of them have had.

Put me in a room with someone that I "feel" is responsible for some of the things the Taliban has and I'd be tempted...at least.
 Tah,
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/12/2012 6:55:20 PM
How about the fact that displaying such behavior just adds more fuel onto the fire and motivation for the taliban to recruit more terrorist?

Most americans dont know what the real reason for the massing of troops on the pakistani border...

If pakistan goes to sharia law then the kasmire will blow up...two nuclear armed countries dispute that.

in countries full of so many different tribes and custums and history and see us westerners as feeble and war mongers as well as greedy, sharia law is actualy quite appealing...
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/12/2012 7:24:37 PM
Yup skoochie they were.
But yeah...no need to derail this rant with yet another.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter [closed]