Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I guess I'll take the plunge and put mine up for review...lol      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 2
I guess I'll take the plunge and put mine up for review...lolPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I wouldn't criticize you for it---I'd simply not respond. Honest or not, I don't care for hostile-sounding men with an overly inflated sense of self-entitlement, who think women owe them a response. Epic Fail.
 ForumsCreeper
Msg: 8
view profile
History
I guess I'll take the plunge and put mine up for review...lol
Posted: 1/15/2012 9:02:59 PM
Over all.

Your first date section is ok. Paragraphs 3&4 and maybe 5 are OK. Other than that including the header suck.
 ForumsCreeper
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2012 9:07:27 PM
"If the women I'm speaking of are deleting unread messages, I doubt they are reading my profile."
I think they read the profile before the email message. That should clearly tell you, you need to have this profile review.

And, we all get those deletes. You want a humbling experience, come out to POF, you will have a roller coaster ride that you never had before in your life in the dating world.
Just dont take em personal. Your not everybodies type. And you get a good profile going and the ladies start emailing, I think your personality type will be one of those deleting unread message type.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/16/2012 2:22:35 PM
One more thing: Time wasters and High Maintenance women need not apply. You are either rejecting something/someone, or chasing the wrongs things. Not interested.

I'd strongly encourage you to remove the above paragraph from your profile. Calling women names, such as "Time waster" or "High Maintenance" only makes you appear bitter and jaded---definitely NOT a desirable trait in a man. Moreover, those terms are subjective. A woman that might be considered "High Maintenance" or a "Time waster" by YOU wouldn't necessarily be considered that by another man.

Usually men who assign such derogatory names to women only do so because they feel rejected by the women whose preferences exclude them---therefore, as a defense mechanism to make themselves feel superior, they slap labels on such women, e.g. "High Maintenance Princess", "Time waster", "Shallow", or "Superficial". It simply comes across as sour grapes.
 psytle
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 3:11:29 PM
OP, there have been more than enough people that have addressed the tone of the About Me section, so I'll try something new.

I found it particularly strange to read the line "The rest is negotiable." when describing who the author is looking for, and then stumbling upon the Wall o' Mail Message Restrictions. I'm pretty certain that everything between having a picture and must not do drugs is negotiable.

OP, the gut feeling I got when reading this profile is that the author has read one too many prima donna female profiles where it's just a list of expectations and prerequisites for potential guys to live up to, and modeled his own profile on those female profiles. Not a good idea, but perhaps I am mistaken. It's a much better idea to write a profile to attract the females you are interested in, rather than writing a profile in retaliation to the selfishness of the profiles of some women.

Best of luck.
 psytle
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 4:19:16 PM

1. No one has explained to me how my 'High Maintenance' disqualifier is ANY different than a woman's DQ about not wanting a 'player', 'liar', or 'cheat'

*I have since taken that out of the profile*

It isn't, and that's the problem.

Whenever I see a woman's profile that emphasizes not wanting a player, liar, or cheat, I immediately think that she has a really bad picker and move on. Doesn't matter how attractive she is.

Emphasizing what they do NOT want is one of the most overused traits in female profiles I've seen. I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of the most overused traits in male profiles as well. Spend more time on what IS desirable, not on what is NOT desirable.
 DameWrite
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2012 11:59:20 AM
I would drop the first line (might come off as a racist joke) and the last line. (the rest of what is negotiable?) I would also add a "what's in it for her" line, (that's sincere). Other than that, pretty good. BTW Very cool new tat.
 redmariposa
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2012 9:42:37 PM
I think your profile is well thought out.. I am guessing the other things they were speaking of is now not there..

The truth is a high maintenance princess usually doesn't know it... and would be offended you would have such a category of woman.

And any good drama queen most would not even realize they are what they adamantly rant about.

But people are drawn to positive possibilities without negative notions... always remember that.
 redmariposa
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2012 9:46:20 PM
Glad you aren't a girl... LOL but it is certainly a better profile read.. he actually seems interesting and has very deep thoughts... the right girl who is into deep and meaningful will be drawn.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/1/2012 10:11:59 PM
Oh my oh my..Im in lust...omg your beautiful..
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I guess I'll take the plunge and put mine up for review...lol