Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > POF at Funky Town on January 27, 2012 - Starts at 8-9 pm      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kitkatbreak1
Msg: 1
view profile
History
POF at Funky Town on January 27, 2012 - Starts at 8-9 pmPage 1 of 1    
NOTE: Reservations for 100 have been made. However, after 9:00 pm, these will be pulled.
DATE: FRIDAY,January 27, 2012
TIME: 8:00 pm - 1:00 am
PLACE: Funky Town
ADDRESS:
8300 E State Route 350
Kansas City, MO 64133
(816) 737-3865

FunkyTown is the best mix in town! You can party with old/young, fat/thin, guys/girls, every combo possible. Fun to go alone or bring a group. The zoo is where you go to watch the animals... FunkyTown is where you go to watch the people. This place is the bomb! Especially, if you like the retro type music of the 70's and 80's. They serve appetizer type food, and it's pretty damn good. The drinks are reasonably priced, and they are not skimpy on the alcohol. You get your monies worth. The dance floor is huge and has two go-go style cages for you dancers to strut your stuff in. Two bars... lots of bartenders and waitresses. Everyone fits in at FunkyTown. It's a really great place to party. Therefore, start making your plans to come out and join us. Anyone and everyone is welcome to come out and join us to have a few drinks, dance their asses off and partake in lots of laughing. So grab your friends and head on out and join us for some fun. Relax, mingle and make some new friends. No pressure, no expectations.

DETAILS:

You'll end up turning onto Blue Pkwy Drive off of E. 63rd St. and then follow it around to the Funky Town entrance. Use Google Maps to map directions!
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=8300+Missouri+350,+Kansas+City,+missouri&sll=38.999486,-94.48092&sspn=0.024013,0.038581&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=8300+Missouri+350,+Kansas+City,+Jackson,+Missouri+64133&z=16

Seating: We have 100 seats reserved under the Plenty Of Fish name! The reserved seats are only held until 9pm at which time the signs are picked and anyone can grab them. So come early and help save tables/seats. FunkyTown can only hold 600 people maximum so get there early! Bring cameras if you have them and take lots of pictures, so we can post them and show everyone all the fun, they are missing!

Cost: $7.00 cover charge (as of 1/1/12)! This is a cash only club, no credit cards and no tabs. There is an ATM machine on site if you need cash once inside! FunkyTown cards everyone so don’t forget to bring that ID with you!

Dress Code: No hats except cowboy hats, no jeans with holes in them... you know, the ones with big holes in the knees or on the ass that the women like to wear, you can wear sports shirts/garments as long as there are "no" number's on them, all men's shirts must have sleeves and no gang related attire allowed.

NOTE A: FunkyTown is now a non-smoking club. To accommodate the smokers, FunkyTown has a smoking area. They are opening up the patio doors back by the pool tables to allow the smokers the ability to go outside and smoke as needed.

NOTE B: The doors open at 8pm and the music starts around 9:15pm. The 8pm to 9:15pm time frame is the perfect time for you to meet new people, make new friends and dancing buddies, before it gets wild and crazy.

NOTE C: The ultimate goal here is to meet and make some new friends and to just have fun. Keep an open mind; first impressions are not always correct. Be prepared to approach the group. We are generally very friendly to new people, but we can't always tell who is there to meet/join the group. (Sometimes it is easier to come with a member who has been to an event before, or if you are uncomfortable approaching the group, approach an individual who will help introduce you to the group.) You can always approach the event organizer "Host" and ask them for help. We usually have people that will introduce you around if you want or need that. These events are for the enjoyment of all POF members and their guests. This is not intended to be a hook up meet even though that could happen for some. And again you must remember, these meet and greet events are what "YOU" make them. "YOU" have to take some initiative and say hi and make yourself known to people. So when you come, look for tables marked Plenty of Fish, say hi and grab a seat. Be yourself and have tons of fun, that is all we ask. You don't even have to be a member of POF to join us... ever. So grab a friend or two and come on out.

NOTE D: EVENT SIGN-UP IS NOT MANDATORY, HENCE POF MEMBERS AND/OR ALL THEIR GUESTS ARE WELCOME TO JOIN US. IF YOU WANT TO COME OUT BUT DON'T WANT TO SIGN UP THEN DO IT. EVERYONE AND ANYONE IS WELCOME, SIGNED UP OR NOT, MEMBER OR NOT! The sign up thing is just to help us get an approximate number of how many might come and how many seats to reserve or try to save.

People are welcome to discuss this event and post any relevant comments/suggestions and or ideas they may have. Constructive comments are welcome. Bashing, insulting, or slamming the event or other posters will not be tolerated and those posts will be deleted ASAP. Thank you!

PS. We have had people ask about having these events at another venue. If you have an idea, please find out their contact information AND if they can reserve 100 seats. We really need 100 reserved. Please contact Jalopy4Me or KitKatBreak1 with this info.
Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

Acctmel

beachcase

CA_Blond

cameron man

char6419

divetrish

GettingBackUpAgain

GinaKinKC

gsb61

JulyRob

kitkatbreak1

larrie09

liberty132

lonelylooker60

LQQKn4THEONE

lstouchdown

meltlkbutta

nosaint123

rosetatt

SexiMamiV

SexyLilMama47

shufflingshuffling

SingleBabie

Softball coach 2

sweetangeleyessn

T_BOHN88

tattoojoker4u

TheDivineGirl

truegirl2021

weathervanes

wg1010

wildcatch

wwefan89

yadayadaagain

34 people are attending
 yadayadaagain
Msg: 2
POF at Funky Town on January 27, 2012 - Starts at 8-9 pm
Posted: 1/19/2012 3:09:29 PM
i have missed the last 2 times i am having withdrawal ;)..and ill bring some single friends always a good time ..see ya there:
 JulyRob
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/21/2012 5:33:49 PM
I have some lame friends (I love them but they are lame) maybe I will get lucky and meet a woman that likes to hang out from time to time well a the man of my dreams (female friend, not girlfriend, lets not confuse the two). I really need to get out more.
 Kaeri8130
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/24/2012 6:33:15 PM
W2G that is what it is truely about. This would be a first time thing for me, I have a significant other, I just like to meet people, get out there, be known, have fun! Considering it!
 meltlkbutta
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/25/2012 1:13:51 PM
@ JulyRob - I hear you! I'll be @ Funkytown with a bunch of girls(if they don't bail at the last minute) so you're welcome to join our group. I'm in Lee's Summit too so we should hang sometime when our other friends are being lame. My kids go to LSHS - wonder if you have been their teacher?
Laura
 dancenightly
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2012 4:36:28 PM
So has Woody decided not to give us (POF) a dollar discount .Always in the past we have for the last 5 years.
 JulyRob
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/26/2012 11:55:24 AM
I don't teach at LSHS besides I teach or taught (I changed careers, too stressful) young children between 3 and 13...Hanging out would be awesome, even now I am still not 100% sure my friends aren't going to bail on tomorrow, I will NOT be happy cause I have the perfect outfit...
 JulyRob
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/26/2012 11:56:47 AM
BTW, are there going to be any men there because as beautiful as all the ladies are I am still hoping to dance with a man. Where are you guys?
 meltlkbutta
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/26/2012 12:11:01 PM
@ JulyRob - I know what you mean! They're dropping like flies. I should have at least a couple of girls with me - some of which may leave early but I'm staying as long as I'm having fun - and you're right - it would be nice if the ratio was in our favor for a change!
 kcpluggedin
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2012 1:50:17 PM
Was this a Challenge !!! for guys to show up....
 JulyRob
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/26/2012 2:26:50 PM
Ratio is never in our favor it seems but it is what it is and I have no problem dancing with the women...we'll make our own party out of it.
 JulyRob
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/26/2012 2:27:51 PM
whatever it takes kcpluggedin...lets see how many men actually take the challenge
 meltlkbutta
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/26/2012 4:38:52 PM
Agreed - if I like the song I'm going to dance - guy or no guy. It's all about having fun!

Yes please - bring on the men!
 moonshine52
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/27/2012 2:30:45 PM
you girls do know there is nothing wrong with asking us guys to dance too.FYI
 JulyRob
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/27/2012 5:24:43 PM
Moonshine...I have no problem asking a guy to dance the problem is there are rarely any guys as these events
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > POF at Funky Town on January 27, 2012 - Starts at 8-9 pm