Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > Women in California      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EnigmaWolf
Msg: 1
Women in CaliforniaPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I'm starting to think that ALL the women registered here from California either don't exist (bots/scams), or are completely fake: everything they list in their profile is a lie and they completly disreguard any attempt to connect through similiar interests or any connection at all for that matter, or it's possible I am unable to send message as I am a free member.

If everything except the last reason is true, then I didn't join a dating site to get the cold-shoulder to not even get a chance to connect. At least on other sites I got at least 1 message ONE MINIMUM, but nothing NOTHING at all?! Something is wrong here, I just know it. Am I wasting my time here?
 Blissfl
Msg: 2
Women in California
Posted: 1/19/2012 12:08:17 AM
Thank you Steve, you are correct. Show some teeth, put a shirt on, and it would be great if you had pics of yourself out on the town. If you are not getting a response it is not because you are hitting on robots. It is because you have forgotten how important it is to make a first impression.
 OCRebellion
Msg: 3
Women in California
Posted: 1/19/2012 8:11:47 AM
OP... ok... Your pictures do not present well. Do you really think that someone is going to look at those and say - wow I really want to meet that guy? Hmmm...not so much. If your pictures don't look like you care about yourself, then no one else will either. Perhaps you should request a profile review in the profile review thread.

Also, it's not very attractive to generalize and say things like "ALL the women registered in California"...I am pretty confident, ok 100% certain, that you have not spoken with all the CA women registered on this site.
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 4
Women in California
Posted: 1/19/2012 8:37:26 AM
OC, I think you are right, OP has not spoken to all California women, but I have,or at least any woman over 30 who lives within a 100 mile radius of L.A., and quite a few beyond. I'm a serious searcher, and my results aren't far off of what Wolf claims.
I have lived in New England, and over there, the women seem to want to stay warm, and what better way then to be close to a M A N? In California, at least SoCal, those conditions don't exist, and the ladies are more like " Well, IF you like to do all the stuff I like, and IF my friends like you, and IF I'm in the mood, then MAYBE we can get together SOME DAY."
I haven't had any "somedays" for quite a while now. Maybe I should hand out AA Duracells at coffee dates, at least they will have a few smiles on me.
I get a crapload of unsolicited messages from women, pretty Latinas 18 years younger than me with master's degrees: Gracias!! French yoga instructors: Merci Beaucoup!! Russian ladies with poor English: Da!!, even American one-percenters. Writers seem to find me especially appealing.
What I pick up on is after they have lived in California for , let's say 10 years, they are useless to me. What a bummer!! On the positive side, there are plenty of new arrivals, and thank you SO MUCH to the sweet Iowa lady who has been here less than a year. She has her own Harley, (I have one too but don't publicize that), she's tall, blonde, pretty, and her idea of the way things should be is to hug and kiss all night long. Mmm, Mmm, Mmm .
Diversity works for me, and that's the truth.
R
 BigEddd
Msg: 5
Women in California
Posted: 1/19/2012 12:33:53 PM
When you meet a person they never show their true selves but rather the projected image of who they want you to think they are. With that said change your tactics...maybe say more than hi. It's a numbers game just keep going.
 meksikali
Msg: 6
Women in California
Posted: 1/19/2012 2:11:23 PM
an inofficial research made in 2008 shows that with a 95.5 score california took the 47th place in 50 states in average IQ.
so...california suppose to be the easiest state for hook up. keep your meaasages and conversations simple at middle school level. ask them questions, and suprise at everything they say. that simple. good luck
 ColeenAnn
Msg: 7
Women in California
Posted: 1/19/2012 2:21:55 PM
Good God Enigma, you’re only 21 and ready to give up? Try changing your attitude and ask a friend to take some new profile pics (sans the sloppy attire, peace signs, and stoner eyes).

And just because no one resonated with your photos, geographic location, age, and/or hippie lovin’ tree hugger lifestyle, doesn’t make the women of California on this site any less real.

Good luck!
 EnigmaWolf
Msg: 8
Women in California
Posted: 1/19/2012 2:25:54 PM
If my photos are really that important, that I don't want a woman who is that shallow.
 atlasreclining
Msg: 9
Women in California
Posted: 1/19/2012 3:11:08 PM
Attraction isnt shallow, its has to be felt by both parties in order for anything to work.. I just think its interesting when I read a profile and stated in it is this "must like BBWS" or something to that effect... but Ive never seen in any guys profile " must like poor guys" seriously the OP has a point!!
Men are always expected to give in and settle and act like we are so lucky to be able to have and form a relationship with a woman and all that it brings with it( mutually fun regular sex) Ive never begged for P#@$#@Y and I will never start, the minute a woman tries to see how much money I will spend on her or haow much of her shit I will take....IM GONE!!
 psytle
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Women in California
Posted: 1/19/2012 3:48:11 PM
Wow.

Hard to imagine how someone could reasonably come to the OP's conclusions about EVERY SINGLE female user that lives in California in less than a week of being on PoF.

I'd like to say more, but I reserve those opinions for Profile Review threads.
 OCRebellion
Msg: 11
Women in California
Posted: 1/19/2012 4:32:33 PM
Hmmm ...really OP. So you have never declined a conversation or a date because you weren't physically attracted to someone (online dating or in real life)? Or did you just say that because it's ALL the women and not possibly you? I'm sorry that you do not think highly enough of yourself to maintain a nice physical appearance, but do not place the responsibility for not being attracted to that on someone else: the responsibility for your slovenly appearance is solely your own.
 kailania
Msg: 12
Women in California
Posted: 1/20/2012 1:30:59 PM
is northern California still the same state?
its cold and raining like crazy here today.
we are closer to Oregon than to L.A.

OP..yes, even us here in Nothern Cal. think a profile pic is worth its words.
like others say...arent you attracted initially by the picture?
what else is there? you dont know her any other way till you meet irl
 slpboo
Msg: 13
Women in California
Posted: 1/20/2012 1:37:17 PM
Haha, with that kind of attitude "All ___ are ____"...you're going to go FAR when it comes to dating. Like that sort of mindset is really going to help you garner some quality California women
 EnigmaWolf
Msg: 14
Women in California
Posted: 1/20/2012 1:51:30 PM
Hmmm ...really OP. So you have never declined a conversation or a date because you weren't physically attracted to someone (online dating or in real life)? Or did you just say that because it's ALL the women and not possibly you? I'm sorry that you do not think highly enough of yourself to maintain a nice physical appearance, but do not place the responsibility for not being attracted to that on someone else: the responsibility for your slovenly appearance is solely your own.

Woah, woah, WOAH!!! What is with the personal insult about my appearance?! Suggestions are fine, but that was a personal attack on your part, any more of that and I'm reporting you for flaming. FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I put photos of me kempt and unkempt but my main photo is one of me kempt. I bathe, I bush my teeth, I wear clean clothes, I even had my hair regulary cut so it wouldn't look like it exploded most of the time.

As for the rest of you: I'm not presenting myself for a job interview, I'm trying to get a date and dating should NOT be as stessful as a job interview which this is turning out to be. I don't get dressed up to meet someone who I hope to date, I do for job inteviews because they might pay me so the least I can do is show up everday dressed like they want me to be. The people who I hope to date are not going to see me everyday dressed up, because that's not how I look everyday. So it makes NO sense to get dressed up to meet someone or for a photo.
 Rain587
Msg: 15
Women in California
Posted: 1/20/2012 1:58:51 PM
It has nothing to do with California women. It has to do with your high expectations and the type of women you think should be into you. Anger and stereotyping doesn't help you either.

As for those that think being with someone equals snuggling and staying in all the time..yawn.

Not all women expect to be wined and dined or spent money on. Some do expect a bit of living out of a man and not just a couch potato that wants to say in all the time.

I'm Central Callie. I'm thinking most think California is Castaic to the Mexican boarder near San Diego.
 PinkZombies
Msg: 16
Women in California
Posted: 1/20/2012 3:14:42 PM
Hold on you guys- I think the OP seems like a nice *young* man, with young persons' interests (video games, etc.). To EnigmaWolf: I disagree with you about dressing up and putting your best foot forward. Get your sister to take one or two photos of you posed in a nice suit holding out a spring bouquet of flowers. Do it even if you have to rent or borrow the suit. Why? Because girls like it and you want to be noticed.
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Women in California
Posted: 1/20/2012 3:45:19 PM
Its true! I dated a woman from here at plenty of rejection, and she was a robot! :o
 OCRebellion
Msg: 18
Women in California
Posted: 1/22/2012 8:58:20 AM
OP...yawn. The temper tantrum and threats to report me leave me unphased. You started the thread by attacking the women of California (since you have spoken to ALL of them - not) and when it is pointed out to you that it's your appearance and the things that are said in your profile, you don't like the response...waaaaaaa - seriously! It wasn't an attack, it was an accurate observation. You even used the word "unkempt" in your response, I used the word slovenly. If you go to Thesaurus.com you will see that they are synonyms. So, by your own admission, you agree.

You state that you do not put forth the effort to get dressed up, etc. and that dating is not a job interview. No, it's not a job interview, but (in general...not meaning everyone) people do tend to attempt to put their best foot forward when meeting someone new. If you are not willing to do that, that is, of course, your personal choice, but understand the ramifications for making such a choice.

Of note, you did not answer the question, which was, "have you ever declined a conversation or a date because you were not physically attracted to someone?" Well....
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 19
Women in California
Posted: 1/22/2012 6:24:53 PM
As for the rest of you: I'm not presenting myself for a job interview, I'm trying to get a date and dating should NOT be as stessful as a job interview which this is turning out to be. I don't get dressed up to meet someone who I hope to date, I do for job inteviews because they might pay me so the least I can do is show up everday dressed like they want me to be.

Seriously I know youll get mad but here it goes ... You in a sense ARE going for an interview because like you your looking for a date and so is she. You impress her or you dont no 1st date right? There isnt anything on your profile that gave any kind of inclination of what kind of man you are but it said everything about what kind of kid you are.

What exactly does a hippie mean to you ?
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 20
Women in California
Posted: 1/22/2012 9:42:48 PM
Hey all you dudes - Listen up to what the Ninja says. She's damn smart and she used to be cute too, but now she wears glasses.
Anyway, I'm in a good mood, I met an actual female and we had fun, and I think we're gonna have a real date next week.
p.s. - I might need fifty until payday, if anyone cares.(sobs in handkerchief for pathos)
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 21
Women in California
Posted: 1/23/2012 12:18:12 AM
Hey all you dudes - Listen up to what the Ninja says. She's damn smart and she used to be cute too, but now she wears glasses

... says the man who wears glasses! Jeez smart 1/2 blind women cant be cute ! ? Somebody needs to clean his glasses lol!
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 22
Women in California
Posted: 1/23/2012 7:25:20 AM
Tell you what, Ninja-
You come HERE and clean my glasses for me, and do it right, I might just change my mind:)
R
 psytle
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Women in California
Posted: 1/23/2012 10:35:10 AM

The people who I hope to date are not going to see me everyday dressed up, because that's not how I look everyday. So it makes NO sense to get dressed up to meet someone or for a photo.

OP, this may come as a surprise, but quite a few women in California go out of their way to impress guys, getting edumacated, staying in shape, dressing fashionably, stuff like that.

If you aren't doing anything to impress women you'd like to date, is it any surprise that most would not be impressed? Just sayin'.

p.s. - I might need fifty until payday, if anyone cares.(sobs in handkerchief for pathos)

Eh, my rule of thumb is that I never loan people more money than they have years. Sorry, bro.
 RunningFool7
Msg: 24
Women in California
Posted: 1/24/2012 9:20:13 PM
I think women on this site have SO many choices that in some ways, you'll have to be in the right place and time to catch someone's eye. You might have better chances at a pay site.
 veesic
Msg: 25
Women in California
Posted: 1/27/2012 1:12:37 AM
^^^ this guy has a point. Or...I hate to be blunt, but what if they just straight up don't like you and would rather not tell you for fear of hurting your feelings? I mean it's possible...
Show ALL Forums  > California  > Women in California