Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Kobe Bryant loses all three (!) of his mansions, $75 million, in divo      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TDH49
Msg: 1
Kobe Bryant loses all three (!) of his mansions, $75 million, in divorce settlement.Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-loses-three-mansions-75-million-divorce-184818486.html

I am all for a fair settlement in divorce cases but this is beyond rediculous. It's bad enough her taking 75 million but does she really need 3 damn mansions worth another 18 million? .

Was she the one spending all those long hours in the gym learning how to play basketball? Did she ever get on a court and take just one jump shot in a big game to earn one red cent of that money?.

She has a nanny to take care of the kids. All she has to do for the last 10 years is show up at games and look cute on the side lines and for that she gets half of his money plus 3 mansions?.

The next one of these women stand up in a court and say "No thanks your honor I think my husband has been more than fair, I don't need anything else" will be the first one of these women to do it.

Do you thing this is right?.
Do you think she should have left him one of the houses?
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 2
Kobe Bryant loses all three (!) of his mansions, $75 million, in divorce settlement.
Posted: 1/21/2012 11:40:23 AM

She has a nanny to take care of the kids. All she has to do for the last 10 years is show up at games and look cute on the side lines and for that she gets half of his money plus 3 mansions?.

...and you know this for a fact how?

But please let us take a minute to think of the real victim here, poor Kobe is going to have to get by with only ~75million in assets plus the money he makes in endorsements and salaries.

Is there a fund somewhere I can donate to?
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Kobe Bryant loses all three (!) of his mansions, $75 million, in divorce settlement.
Posted: 1/21/2012 11:57:20 AM

The next one of these women stand up in a court and say "No thanks your honor I think my husband has been more than fair, I don't need anything else" will be the first one of these women to do it.

Nonsense. There are many, many divorces where both parties agree to a fair distribution of assets. Those just don't make headlines.
 Damselffish
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/21/2012 12:11:55 PM
Well its obvious the OP did not go for a run today

But as far as kobe is concerned...thats what you get for puttin your lime in da coconut
 02hdf150
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/21/2012 12:33:57 PM
When Kobe did his thing in Colorado she knew she had him by the balls. Why do you think he went out and bought her that 4 million dollar diamond ring? Kobe may feel he's getting off easy because i'm sure it's not the first time he's cheated on her.
 ontario_woman
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2012 12:35:45 PM
It's hard to feel sorry for someone who was busted for cheating on his wife!
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/21/2012 1:02:50 PM
I'm pretty sure in CA and a few other states the wife gets half SOP. That would total 129 million for her. Kobe being worth 260 mil is very realistic by every stretch of the imagination.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/21/2012 1:14:48 PM
And here I thought starving children in third world countries dying from malnutrition had it rough, poor Kobe, sucks to be him.

Next time Kobe keep your chicken in your pants instead of dipping in someone else's sauce. I don't feel sorry for Mr.Bryant if he's poor perhaps he can go to church and take up a collection.
 OMG!WTF!
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2012 1:54:29 PM

I am all for a fair settlement in divorce cases but this is beyond rediculous. It's bad enough her taking 75 million but does she really need 3 damn mansions worth another 18 million?

Yes. It's about half of THEIR net worth so ya. It's totally fair. She was 18 when they got married and I would assume hasn't really spent much time trying to make money on her own. They have kids. She has every right in the world to maintain her lifestyle.

Was she the one spending all those long hours in the gym learning how to play basketball? Did she ever get on a court and take just one jump shot in a big game to earn one red cent of that money?

Well done. You've single handedly reduced female standing to being inferior to a jump shot.

The next one of these women stand up in a court and say "No thanks your honor I think my husband has been more than fair, I don't need anything else" will be the first one of these women to do it

First guy to figure out the meaning of marriage gets a cookie.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/21/2012 2:28:39 PM

It's a woman's world and always will be. They will drain us of every penny and run us to the ground. One day they will realise that without us men they would diminish and the world would cease to evolve. Marriage? How does it go....Do you, Joe Bloggs, take this money grabbing cow to be you lawful wedded wife, to love and to hold, to give her every penny in court as she bleeds you dry even if you so much as fart in the wrong direction, to let down all of your defences and open yourself up to full vulnerability, to let her kick you in the balls when you are down and to sacrifice all that you have worked hard for in one foul sweep of the gavel?. Marriage is just a waste of paper and should be scrapped for good. It is the key to riches for all of those heartless money grabbing women out there. Yes there may be men that get settlements too but we have to bloody try twice as hard for them!!! I hope the money ruins the money grabbing greedy cows life!!

There you go, PoFerettes. No bitterness or misogyny from this guy! Step up and claim the prize while you still can, before some other lucky lady, OOPS, I mean money grabbing greedy cow, takes him.
 carptopus
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/21/2012 2:54:48 PM

Do you thing this is right?.

It's not really about "right" so much as government imposed "Fair."

Do you think she should have left him one of the houses?

I am not sure she gets a choice.
Could be just the way the court divided the assets.
Could be he didn't even want the houses, the upkeep, the taxes, the headache.

What I think is as soon as someone files for divorce all assets and accounts are frozen, transferred into one account, all assets sold immediately (firesale prices), and then the cash is evenly split and everyone told to go on their merry way.
No more alimony, no more court ordered child support. If people want to continue paying each other, that's up to them and none of the governments business. Everything sold, split down the middle, go about your life, don't come back here with your problems. You wanted to have kids? You deal with it. You can't pay for your own kids? Stick them into the system, we need a military.
Save a lot of bureaucracy.

I like the idea of two people fighting over a kids means the kid is cut in half just to teach them a lesson.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/21/2012 2:57:07 PM
He cheated and publicly humiliated/ hurt her, then she stood by him PUBLICLY while other women mocked her for it so his career would not go in the toilet .

She stayed 10 years with that moron.I say fair.

He hit more than one in those years.

My heart is bleeeeeeeeedin here.
 dp30
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/21/2012 3:26:19 PM
I don't feel sorry for him at all, but come on there is no way to rationalize that she gets half of what he made just because she was married to him. Personally I think divorce laws need to be updated to something more reasonable. She didn't help him make any of that money so she doesn't deserve any of it in my opinion. She should get one house, whatever the court deemed sufficient child support, and a low percentage of his annual income for a few years as alimony and that is all. That would be fair.
 Viper1E
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/21/2012 3:46:38 PM
And O.J. Simpson said: "See? I TOLD YOU SO!"
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/21/2012 8:14:39 PM

This is why men simply shouldn't get married in the first place .

Not so, its just that a man of good means should always have a pre-nuptual in place before he gets married (to a woman of lesser means). That way he'd know exactly what he's liable for should she file for divorce.
 Worbug
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2012 8:30:00 PM
To say any pro athelete has EARNED all those millions is insane. Yes they recieve these millions because of the stupidity of the fans. Lets face it, he puts a ball through a hoop, yes, better then anyone else putting a ball through a hoop, but in the end it is just putting a ball through a hoop. The ex wife has decided to bang "Mr. I can put a ball through a hoop" because she knows he is loaded and quite stupid to fall for her crap.

Perhaps if these morons actually spent a little time in a real world instead of everyone inflating their importance, they might have the common sense to make rational descisions and be held accountable for them. They cannot even stay out of trouble with all the money they make.

Maybe they should start making "Habitate for Humanity" Jerseys and sneakers and energy drinks. At least these sorts of people do something that is productive to society.

Not a sports hater by any means, just do not think it warrants millions to play a PAST TIME.
 matchlight
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2012 8:36:57 PM
I have to wonder why a guy in his position would get married. I don't know for sure, but I doubt he had acquired most of his wealth before they married. And in California, a community property state, that gave her an interest in a lot of it.

For the past forty or fifty years, many women have called for laws on rape, job compensation, workplace harassment, pregnancy leave, child care, abortion, access to traditionally male jobs, schools, and clubs, admission to higher education, funding for college sports, and so on to be modernized so they treat women more fairly. And that has happened.

It's interesting that women's calls for modernizing family laws to reflect the much greater independence and earning power they have gained have been much more subdued. Divorces have become easier to get, true, but other than that these laws often seem designed more for a time when women tended to be less educated and less able to earn money, to have more dependent children, to live in colder parts of the country, and to be more likely to end up in the street.

There was a real need, say in 1912, to see that if a woman was divorced, abandoned, or widowed, she and her children had at least adequate food, shelter, and clothing. That need is not always so clear in 2012. Maybe we will see women calling for family law to be modernized to reflect these changes and treat men more fairly. You women do have a sense of fair play, don't you?
 OMG!WTF!
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2012 12:01:55 AM

There was a real need, say in 1912, to see that if a woman was divorced, abandoned, or widowed, she and her children had at least adequate food, shelter, and clothing. That need is not always so clear in 2012. Maybe we will see women calling for family law to be modernized to reflect these changes and treat men more fairly. You women do have a sense of fair play, don't you?

Bitter much? Unless I'm misunderstanding something, the same laws apply to men and women in divorce situations. I think Liz Taylor took care of her share of ex husbands in her day. So unless you have very patent misogynistic tendancies, for example, "women are all greedy cows", it is by definition, 100% fair. The problem is that most people who feel it's not fair don't have the foggiest notion of what they're doing when they're agreeing to get married.

If you take an 18 year old girl, promise to spend the rest of your life with her, support her while she's raising your kids, support her family as your own in houses you own together, and then all of the sudden leave her with only enough for "adequate food, shelter and clothing" while you continue to live it up with enough personal wealth for one hundred families you've pretty much nailed any sane person's definition of unfair.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2012 4:45:00 AM
im not really sure who this kobe gadgie is but im sure
he is mentioned on this episode of south park.
the question posed is 'why do rich successful men have
sex with lots of women who are not their wives? '

this is a clip but if you can try and watch the full episode because your
president comes up with the answer.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/267345/sex-addicts
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/22/2012 6:11:14 AM

I have to wonder why a guy in his position would get married...

If you have to wonder then I guess you do not know the difference between wants and desires.

Money can take care of your wants, but everyone still has desires and money does not change that.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/22/2012 9:42:26 AM
Kobe should have kept it in his pants.

Of course the idea that he makes that much money for playing a game, is ridiculous.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/22/2012 11:42:02 AM
guess Kobe will think twice before forcing his way through the back door, again
 ToThySelf
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/22/2012 6:16:54 PM
Listen, these guys get fame and fortune and they want to do what they want, they earned it, they should live the life they want ... why bother getting married ... it seems to put a damper on their partying ways. If the pre-nuptial includes "may have too much to drink and may sleep around without consequences" it won't work.
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/22/2012 6:40:40 PM
CA is a no-fault, community property state. So i would assume, whatever she was given, was no more than 50% of his wealth & assets.

If she devoted herself to being his housewife, having his kids, & being his private personal cheerleader, & looking cute for him, why would he not take care of her post-divorce? She is not a doll that he can toss away when done playing with, she was his wife & childrens Mother & his cheerleader.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/23/2012 6:34:46 AM
Judges only make these choices for people when a fair, logical choice cannot be made/agreed upon by the couple in question. If you, as a couple cannot be adults and sit down to come up with a fair seperation decree, this is what you end up with. A judgement that will be 'fair'....at least on paper.

No one should be making the money he makes just for standing on a wood floor and lobbing balls into the air anyways. It is sickening. And..if he doesnt want to play by the rules of marriage, this is what he gets.

I would have no sympathy if Kobe was a chick and 'her' husband walked with half either.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Kobe Bryant loses all three (!) of his mansions, $75 million, in divorce settlement.