Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > Interracial Dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pete2205
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Interracial DatingPage 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
The colour of a girls skin is unimportant to me - I am not worried about their ethnic background. What will makit work or not make it work is how they are as a person
 back4more70
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Interracial Dating
Posted: 1/23/2012 8:06:29 PM
For me it boils down to: do i find this women mentally and physcally attractive? I see lots of non-Caucasian women that I would consider myself lucky to meet.
 Socalguy1962
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Interracial Dating
Posted: 1/29/2012 10:55:37 PM
I'm all for it. My children are bi-racial. I've never dated a white woman. I don't really know why it's just turned out that way. I've just always been attracted to non-caucasion ladies. I guess growing up in an interracial household had something to do with it.
 Pete2205
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Interracial Dating
Posted: 1/31/2012 1:18:46 PM
To be honest I am at the point where if she has a pulse and can say her name shes in with a shout
 Naramie
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Interracial Dating
Posted: 2/2/2012 8:53:16 PM
As an Asian male, I feel your pain. I am pretty open minded and have no issues dating people of different ethnic backgrounds. But whenever I send out messages, the only people who ever respond are Asians. Not that I don't like Asians, it just sucks that it turns out that way.
 Pete2205
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Interracial Dating
Posted: 2/3/2012 2:55:24 PM
What are you concerned about ahdorkablee girl?

Your a young attractive articulate girl not short on wit.

Your a great catch for a guy..Dont worry about the ethic mix of guys messaging you because over time you will get them from a variety of guys
 r1der
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Interracial Dating
Posted: 2/4/2012 7:16:52 PM
Beauty doesn't discriminate. Cultural barriers are more difficult are more difficult
 Blissfl
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Interracial Dating
Posted: 2/9/2012 8:56:55 PM
I was raised in a Jewish community outside of Detroit. Which I believe makes me more attracted to Jewish and Caucasian men. I have dated a few men of my race, but I am not into dating thugs with saggy pants or corn rolls. It ultimately is not the color of the skin, but the similarities, it just so happens the men of color that approach me do not have many common interests. The ones I want to date go fast.
 gunner4570
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Interracial Dating
Posted: 2/12/2012 7:12:23 AM
Skin color? It makes absolutely no difference to me whatsoever. In fact...my profile indicates Im "color blind" to race.
On the other hand...I am somewhat culturally aware of differences. I would have to think hard about dating an "inner city" lady who had a very poor grasp of English and acted outragiously (in a negative way)...be it latino slanglish, black Ebonics, etc etc. If she is mainstream...color simply means nothing to me. In fact..I welcome ladies of other races. Ive met some very interesting ladies of other races over the years. I dated a black lady for a number of years...she was gorgeous, smart, a self starter and didnt need a sugar daddy to keep her. And she was Republican!! Yeehaw!!...chuckle. Big problem was..she was working on her JD and we drifted apart a bit because both of our work loads got in the way. But I still call her occasionally and we still have the warmies for each other..though life got in the way.

Culture is the biggest issue when it comes to "race". Shrug
 PAPA1918
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Interracial Dating
Posted: 2/15/2012 4:28:07 AM
To me I'm don't go by etnicity I go to you if you have a true heat and all that comes with it I'm color blind
 jmark4
Msg: 20
Interracial Dating
Posted: 3/15/2012 12:05:23 AM
As far as dating, as long as they are my religion I'm all good. I think I would not date African American people though because their culture in general is a mess in regards to lots of kids out of wedlock and a very high STD rate due to a ton of guys not wanting to use protection. (43-48% depending on the age range).

Many of the black men that I've known in business and have grown up with have multiple kids from multiple women and some have cheated a ton of times but the women keep staying with them. I guess that's the only culture I would not date.
 A_True_Gentleman619
Msg: 21
Interracial Dating
Posted: 3/15/2012 12:48:28 AM
I am not shallow or close minded so I am open to any race. For me the personality & what's in the heart is what matters the most.
 Pete2205
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Interracial Dating
Posted: 3/15/2012 10:00:42 AM
I respect Marks personal view. For him its very important that the person he dates shares his religion. Many people have entrenched core values and beliefs and they far outweigh the colour of skin or . To me that is important because its foolish thinking to think that romance and sexual attraction alone will be enough to override any differences you may have.

Of course when we look at someone we are either physically attracted or not, for some the fact they are or are not attracted by someone is enough. As you get older though looks are not nearly as important as they once were. I am sure there are many that having seen someone on a dating site and been attracted by a photo then progress to the profile, and having read it decide to take their interest no further. Those that embark on a relationship based on looks alone should not be surprised if nothing comes of it. People can adapt to each other but if the other person has opposite views or ideals that conflict with ones you hold strong then its just not going to work.

I am not sure the STD argument stacks up - We can take what we like from statistics and its also worth remembering that many people have contracted an STD having had very few partners. The fact a person is black, white, yellow or comes from a different cultural background is irrelevant - What matters every time is how you relate to each other over coffee, in bed, with friends,

There are enough interracial marriages and relationships that have lasted many many years - I would really love for someone who has been or are in such a relationship to express their views and experiences here.
 Wonder5750
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Interracial Dating
Posted: 3/15/2012 1:53:53 PM
Doesn't seem like race is as important as social backgrounds. If ya get along, you get along.
 barefootjack
Msg: 25
Interracial Dating
Posted: 3/18/2012 11:00:53 PM
Guys rarely care about race; Women usually always do.
 Aura1shine
Msg: 26
Interracial Dating
Posted: 4/1/2012 4:47:06 PM
ahdorkablee: go with your heart to whom you attracted to. I did not have any concept of race till living in America. Men from other countries have little concept of race. Racism is a cultural thing. White men are more sort of by most women in this country because of economic tide that white men make more money and have opportunities available to them than other races. If a man in a different race that can provide equally as white man does, he will be in a hot persue by all women in every race. Asian men whom are ingineers, doctors, or business owners, etc(mostly they are well educated) will have a better choices in selection.
I myself looking for someone whom I can get along regardless of ethnicity or how much matterial he acquired but I am an achiver so I am looking for someone whom presented with the same attitude. Set your goal of what do you want and evaluate that how realistically aligned of what you have to offer to him, then go for it. If it fail, keeps trying.
 rod1919us
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Interracial Dating
Posted: 4/6/2012 7:25:26 AM
@ jmark...
I can't even get mad at that statement cuz it's 100 on so many levels.

@ the creator...

It is what it is. Men in general don't care about IR dating. Most just trying to hook up with a good woman. Women are the ones who make a big deal out if IR dating...esp. in the black community.
 richardcard82
Msg: 28
Interracial Dating
Posted: 4/7/2012 12:24:50 AM
I have found myself attracted to asian women... of all sorts.... but from i what ive learned that most prefer the white males.... oh well gotta keep looking lol
 Pete2205
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Interracial Dating
Posted: 4/23/2012 10:01:31 AM
To be honest the colour of someones skin can either be attractive to someone or not. We can all go on about how its whats under the skin that counts and not how someone looks. The fact is though that we have all dated or been in relationships with people that our friends dont find physically attractive. That may be because of their height, weight or yes skin colour. There are enough people on here who state categorically that they dont want to date people who are too thin, too fat or of a particular culture or colour. However in order not to come across offensive they disguise it with "Politically correct" wording.

That does not mean they are heightist, weightist or racist it just means they have a preference. Some people are attracted by blonde haired blue eyed skinny people, others are attracted by dusky skinned, dark haired, dark eyed people and others really dont have a preference.

I wouldnt date a person from a culture and religion that was very important to that person but far different than mine. Not because I have a problem with it but simply because there maybe be many things I like to do and share with someone that may not fit in with their culture.
 Pete2205
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Interracial Dating
Posted: 4/23/2012 11:42:22 AM
I agree with you there perhaps that word needed to be added so call it done but I think having specific preferences isn't myopic. Ask any happy couple if there was one thing they could change about their partners appearance and we both know they will find one :)
 richardcard82
Msg: 34
Interracial Dating
Posted: 5/8/2012 11:23:23 PM
Being Mexican i love latin women, white women, asian women and some middle eastern women,
 superwoman02
Msg: 36
Interracial Dating
Posted: 5/12/2012 11:03:45 PM
I think Interracial dating is great but most of the men I have dated have been black enven though I am most attracted to white men because I haven't found very many white men that like plus size black women. I think you look for what you are attracted to, no matter who it is.
 KAKI3152
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Interracial Dating
Posted: 5/27/2012 6:07:53 AM
I hate to say this but I have lived in Brasil and there is also a fair amount of racial prejudice in Brasil. Yes, there is more interacial dating and a lot of people are clearly from mixed race background, but it does exist.
"Tem gente que nao gostam de criolos ou pretos, vc tem que admitir"

Everyboday has their preference. I have lived in California for 30 years. I have met girls who liked my dark skin, others who flat out told me they did not date Latinos, and everything in between. One of my GF's mom told her that I was too swarthy. I kind liked that comment. My ex-fiancee was German-American from the Mid west and would not date blacks. One GF told me she could not marry me because her children would not be blond. My sister married a white Caucasian and has two tow heads (very blonde) and one brunette. My sister is much lighter skinned, but still ran into the situation in San Diego, where a woman asked her if those were really her children, What nerve some people have.
 rod1919us
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Interracial Dating
Posted: 5/29/2012 1:40:05 AM

I actually endorse women putting their preferred ethnicity in their profile. It helps us actual good men (i.e. men who don't message everything with a Vajajay) manage our time better.

Thank you. I think it should be mandatory to be put on their profile. I personally don't trip on it...and actually respect the women more if they say that they don't like black dudes or short dudes or in the military up front. Funny cuz I'm all three-blk, short, and in the military. lmfao!!!!!
 jawanterrell2012
Msg: 41
Interracial Dating
Posted: 6/11/2012 5:15:36 PM

was raised in a Jewish community outside of Detroit. Which I believe makes me more attracted to Jewish and Caucasian men. I have dated a few men of my race, but I am not into dating thugs with saggy pants or corn rolls. It ultimately is not the color of the skin, but the similarities, it just so happens the men of color that approach me do not have many common interests. The ones I want to date go fast.

Wow, this hurts blissfl, especially coming from you, a woman of color. I don't let the way I dress define me. A black guy doesn't have to wear a suit and tie just to be worth something. There are plenty of us with flare who are also highly intelligent. Take a look at some of the HBCUs and you might see guys with corn rolls, but still have a lot going for themselves. We shouldn't let a person's hairstyle define them. Corn rolls are just another ethnic hairstyle, nothing more than that. Its also just a way of managing the hair instead of letting it go into an Afro or getting it bald.
Show ALL Forums  > California  > Interracial Dating