Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Putting off sexual relations until later?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gcdeb
Msg: 4
Putting off sexual relations until later?Page 1 of 1    

are women who put off sex for a much longer amount of time than average most likely not interested in an adventurous sexual relationship?

In my experience, no. I doubt there is a correlation between the two.

I would suggest just asking any woman who asks this of you exactly what her normal sexual level of desire is. Not on the first date obviously, but once you start to think that she is worth waiting for, have a discussion with her.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 5
Putting off sexual relations until later?
Posted: 1/26/2012 5:09:09 PM
OP ...

If I were you, I would totally disregard what Unclezeus is saying.
He has naked on his mind constantly.

There are women who want sex right away
There are women who want to wait until they are ready
There are women who want an emotional relationship prior to a sexual one
No woman is the same.

However, I would suggest, if you are looking for a steady relationship, then bide your time.
Wait ... until there are feelings.

Ladies, are women who put off sex for a much longer amount of time than average most likely not interested in an adventurous sexual relationship?

What is average?

Or are they just waiting for the right person to reveal their most taboo fetishes?

That is just wrong!
 no_1_bby
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2012 5:10:40 PM
I made my partner wait. At least 6 wks. And that was 6 wks of seeing him more than once a week.

Ladies, are women who put off sex for a much longer amount of time than average most likely not interested in an adventurous sexual relationship? Or are they just waiting for the right person to reveal their most taboo fetishes?

This made me laugh.

I wait because that is what is right for me. When I've rushed into things quickly, they fall apart quickly too. I should point out I have usually had a higher libido that most of my partners.
 gcdeb
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/26/2012 6:29:34 PM

Uncle Zues is 100% correct.

This is rarely even remotely true. Maybe a 10% hit rate at best.

"If she's making you wait, it's because she's not sexually attracted to you"..

I'm sure that's how a MAN thinks. There is no point in trying to understand how a woman thinks, using man's logic. Try understanding how women think. If I wasn't sexually attracted to a man, there wouldn't even be a SECOND date... let alone 'making him wait'.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/27/2012 12:32:59 PM
I wait until I feel he has connected with me, as much as I have connected with him. I dont play the chuck n chuck game. I dont have a pre set timeline, I go by how I feel.

I have wild, passionate sex with my partner. Wanting to wait to see that you are not being led on is in no way related to passion level.

On the flip side, rushing into sex is also not related to passion level, there are alot of 'loose' woman and men who suck (and not in that good way) in bed.
 Texan_Gal
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/27/2012 12:43:07 PM

I'm sure that's how a MAN thinks. There is no point in trying to understand how a woman thinks, using man's logic. Try understanding how women think. If I wasn't sexually attracted to a man, there wouldn't even be a SECOND date... let alone 'making him wait'.

I agree 10000% with you, gcdeb. I've gotten quite annoyed with unclezeus' posts. There can ABSOLUTELY be women who want to wait for reasons other than not being attracted to a guy. You can be attracted but not feel comfortable with the thought of getting naked with someone you hardly know. You can be attracted but want to establish more of an emotional bond before trying to create a physical one. You can be attracted but feel self-conscious about your body. You can be attracted but want to wait until the STD results come in. There are a multitude of reasons one may want to wait BUT still be attracted enough to eventually have sex.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/27/2012 1:49:33 PM
If I were just wanting sex I'd take up one of those 20 to 30 odd somethings that keep offering to make my day. If I want a relationship I have learned that it is best for me not to run with attraction and that it is best to get to know the person first. Just because a person is great in bed doesn't necessarily mean we've got enough in common for when we aren't there.

Men that assume that attraction means sex by the 3rd date are not listening. If they choose to walk then I know he was not right for me.
 Texan_Gal
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/27/2012 1:58:41 PM
True. But you're not going to be comfortable until after you actually do it. And even then there is a chance you're just not comfortable at all with him.

That's not true. It's like getting to the comfort level where you can fart around each other. Not a lot of people are going to be comfortable farting in front of a first date, and saying "you won't know until you do it" is fairly useless. There can be a guy I'm ridiculously attracted to but NOT at that comfort level until a few months into the relationship. To just shrug and say, "If a woman doesn't put out ASAP, you're friend-zoned" is not only false but is going to lead men to let go of some potential matches.
 cheryl1229
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2012 4:29:07 PM

Ladies, are women who put off sex for a much longer amount of time than average most likely not interested in an adventurous sexual relationship? Or are they just waiting for the right person to reveal their most taboo fetishes?

I don't think you generalize on this, and apply the same reasoning to all women. Some are highly sexually charged, and some are not. The willingness to wait, or the insistence to wait, does not necessarily mean that a woman is not active or "adventurous".

However, I believe that most really sexually adventurous women don't generally ask to wait for very long. If they feel the attraction, they don't, as a rule, stand on formalities or moralities. And especially the "taboo fetishists". If they find a like-minded person to whom they are attracted, the ladies I know act on those desires. No real game playing or specified "waiting time".

However, if you are really only going to be satisfied with someone who is "sexually adventurous" you should be pretty open about that early on. No point wasting anyone's time. It's one of those things that is better said early (like posted on your profile). It will immediately weed out ladies who are not like-minded. And save everyone frustration later.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/27/2012 4:59:03 PM
When I was still single and looking, I dated more than one guy at a time. I wasn't ready to have sexual relations until I entered into an exclusive relationship with one of them, and stopped seeing the others. That took about three months.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Putting off sexual relations until later?