Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Is there a way to know how long a person has been on this site?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dp30
Msg: 2
Is there a way to know how long a person has been on this site?Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
The only way I know how to tell is If they post in the forums it shows their join date, but that can be deceiving. I have been off and on since 05, but whenever I left I deleted my account and created a new one when I came back.

Why are you curious?
 forumitejunkie
Msg: 3
Is there a way to know how long a person has been on this site?
Posted: 1/28/2012 5:23:42 PM
The only place where actual sign up date appears is in forums postings.

However, an approximation can be found for an user, assuming you have enough time, and interest, and are willing to put in the effort....

Each user is assigned a number. The numbers increase over time. This number is in the url of the person's profile. By checking the number of various forum users, whose sign on date you CAN see, and comparing it to the number of the person you're curious about, you can come....close.

No, Lol! I haven't cared enough to do this, but recall it as an answer to a similar question some while back...
 dp30
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/28/2012 5:56:23 PM
I don't think I would ever care enough to go through all that. haha.

good idea nonetheless
 Holly63
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/28/2012 8:28:33 PM
Yes.....numerical order as previous poster said. Its just an approximate time frame though. I also wonder why you're curious?

Sure, some people have been here a long time.....maybe they were in a relationship, didnt delete their profile (or at least change it to not single/not looking) and are single again. I did the same. I first joined in 2008.

If someone messages me with a few year old joining date...I ask them how they find this site. I leaves the answer open to lots of reasons........
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/28/2012 9:08:13 PM

I don't think I would ever care enough to go through all that. haha.

good idea nonetheless

Easy to do, just takes a bit of time to build the data base.

Open Excel.

Two Columns

One Date, One Number

Everyone now and then when in forums copy date joined and member number and do a sort and as you start filling in the dates (ie: once you have a Nov/ 12 you not longer bother collecting those) until you have a mostly full sheet.

When you want to find out how long someone has been here just drop number into sheet and you will get an apx.
 dp30
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/29/2012 11:19:19 AM

Easy to do, just takes a bit of time to build the data base.

Open Excel.

Two Columns

One Date, One Number

Everyone now and then when in forums copy date joined and member number and do a sort and as you start filling in the dates (ie: once you have a Nov/ 12 you not longer bother collecting those) until you have a mostly full sheet.

When you want to find out how long someone has been here just drop number into sheet and you will get an apx.

Yea I'm sticking with not caring enough to do any of that.
 vestaceres
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/28/2013 5:05:40 AM
In general, I'm honest about past IDs and time frame in which I have used them, here. I don't normally give credence to the length of somebody's participation, here, as the superficial information is quite unreliable. Most of us, in this thread, have attested to canceling and creating new accounts between intermittent respites from PoF; so that alone, I think, could make sussing users' participation level here more difficult.

One obvious sign of aged participation is the old watermark PoF use to stamp on photos; that practice was recently banished (about a 1.5 years, ago?). However, that won't indicate whether somebody's account is two years old or eight years old.

I have never encountered an instance where I felt somebody was being disingenuous about the length of participation here (I'd never ask!), as they seem to willingly offer up the information, when they're annoyed that they're not getting responses and results they seek. Of course, it doesn't matter: if the person is generally, socially responsible, they'll also responsibly use their account, or maybe I'm gullible, in this instance.
 pseriouslyt44
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/29/2013 1:07:15 PM
Im definitely all for knowing how long a person has been on this site..one of my suggestion is that this site should posted the date of when a person uploaded a picture. This way, myself as well as any other person on this site wether that pictures was new or it was taken years back. For instance, was the picture(s) was from 2-3 years back or is it/are they new?
 LoveBeautifulDays
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/29/2013 1:30:33 PM
OP but you can always take the picture down and upload it again, so that wouldnt work
 pseriouslyt44
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/29/2013 1:41:56 PM
True but if a user leaves it on here, that would definitely give me an idea of how long.
 jamming44
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/4/2013 6:24:57 AM
I'm curious as to when I signed up
 ThisIsExistence
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/4/2013 6:34:58 AM
^^^^^It's also in the email POF sends out announcing your "new matches."
 forum_moderator
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2013 6:21:08 PM

Having the logo on a photo doesn't really mean much.
For example, all event photos on POF still have that logo.
So if someone had their pic taken at an event and then snagged the pic for their profile it may be current and still have that logo.

Holly63
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/26/2013 8:45:08 PM
If they have any photos with the PlentyofFish logo on the bottom,
http://pics.pof.com/dating/72/94/hcr0fe55lx_98403576.2.jpg

It is a good indicator that they've been on the site for too long.

He he he. seems you and I have been on this site too long then. I have a pic with the logo on it as you have. It doesn't necessarily mean you've been constantly on this site.

Some people take a break for all sorts of reasons....you met someone, you were ill, you went to another site....etc.

To me I really don't care how long someone has been here. I've been here since 2008. We all have our reasons........
 justforyouinnc
Msg: 16
 micaleta28
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/9/2014 8:49:18 AM
maybe on the url? but not really sure
 forum_moderator
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2014 2:26:10 PM

I suggest just asking a person.

Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here || TOS||
Complaint Department HERE
 jlaff92
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/13/2014 5:40:17 PM
Just posting to prove I'm not a liar and that this profile is old
 jreal923
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/21/2014 6:08:03 AM
what. just checking my join date.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/21/2014 12:23:17 PM
I have had a girlfriend for the vast majority of the time that I've been on this site.
My profile has been hidden virtually the entire time, so I can interact with Forum folks.
Forums is a really fun, interesting, and educational aspect of this website.

The cool hiding/unhiding feature sometimes "goes away" for free members.
I have opted to permanently keep it in hidden mode. In my case, the calendar date shown to the left is my actual join date. This has been my sole POF profile.
 hemingway114
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/21/2014 2:30:59 PM
Does it really matter how long someone has been on a dating site? Online dating is no longer taboo, it's mainstream now.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/27/2015 12:16:23 PM
I was 23 when I joined.

It doesn't matter.
 jsmitty17m
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Seeking
Posted: 3/7/2015 9:59:06 PM
Datedfemale
 SLAFFA
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/10/2015 2:51:22 PM
Many folks here have had numerous profiles... for one reason or another. The join date for Forumites only shows the most RECENT join date.

Also bear in mind that it now appears people are being axed left and right for various Forum infractions of all kinds that up until recently went largely ignored. Better make sure you sit down with a giant cup of Java, slurpee, bottle of wine etc. and make sure you read the rules.

On the other hand, with the daily influx of "new" folks who seem to have an unusually good grasp of Forum procedure, it looks like some people have a Fetish for creating new profiles.

What seems crystal clear now is that there ARE folks minding the store even if it looks deserted.
 Eckhartwarmingtolle
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/10/2015 3:07:29 PM
^^^^ Yup, in tribute to Mother's Day I posted a pic of me and my mom and it was removed very quickly

....as Steve Martin used to say " well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me ! "

LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Is there a way to know how long a person has been on this site?