Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > if you're SINGLE and SEXUALLY ACTIVE how often should you wash or lau      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 3
if you're SINGLE and SEXUALLY ACTIVE how often should you wash or launder your bedsheets?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Well, there's just me in my bed...and I change my sheets every three days because but I love the smell and feel of newly laundered sheets. I never get into bed without showering first but after three days, the laundry smell has gone.

If I was in a relationship where the bed saw some action - then it would be more frequently and hopefully well worth the additional laundry. LOL

How often do you change yours OP ?
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 4
if you're SINGLE and SEXUALLY ACTIVE how often should you wash or launder your bedsheets?
Posted: 1/30/2012 2:59:05 PM
Blondie don't play that anymore...if I am gonna get jiggy...it's at your house or a motel/hotel & you're paying

I change my sheets for me...
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 5
view profile
History
if you're SINGLE and SEXUALLY ACTIVE how often should you wash or launder your bedsheets?
Posted: 1/30/2012 3:02:06 PM
Any time you share your bed with someone and think the next person you share it with might be someone else it's time to wash your sheets. Any time you think tonight you may bring a lady home for the first time it's time to wash your sheets. If your love life is a revolving door change your sheets daily, just as you wouldn't want to use a hotel room with the last occupants' dirty sheets on the bed.

If you're sticking to the same gal for a while work it out between the two of you. I don't think there's any magic time period. I do notice that two of us sharing a bed, with or without sex, soil the sheets more quickly than I do sleeping alone, just as I shower more frequently when I'm sleeping with someone than when I'm living alone. Intimacy tweaks our behaviors that way.

At least that's my take.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/30/2012 4:29:56 PM
^^^ LOL. Welcome to the forums where you think you've seen it all, until you read the next thread.
 daynadaze
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2012 6:11:19 PM
Every day, every time you have sex or masturbate, at least a couple of times a week if you are sleeping alone and using a sock.
 SexyKG74
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2012 6:18:04 PM
If I'm dating someone or feel it's going to be a first with them, I have fresh sheets that day...and after he leaves my place, I would change my sheets again.

At any given time, I normally have at least 10 sets of bed sheets (400-600 thread count) so it's never an issue...
 forumitejunkie
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/30/2012 7:51:04 PM
wvwaterfall...thanks! you saved me a lot of typing :) now i can just say : ditto what he said!

as a general rule, nobody should have a "guest" lay his/her body down on sheets not washed after the previous somebody was in it...though the person might never know, it's just icky!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/30/2012 7:51:12 PM
Ok, call me a spoilsport, but I gotta ask: have the forums on POF gotten so boring that people are now discussing thread count in sheets and how many sets they have?

Really?

Does anyone care?
 forumitejunkie
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/30/2012 8:12:38 PM
^^^Well, I'd agree on the topic of how many sets and thread count. But, I do find it a bit interesting to see what people's habits are as far as changing sheets and/or making preparations in expectation of having company in their bed....

My sister walked in...AND right out of a man's bedroom, after encountering a very rumpled, unmade bed. They'd been dating a while, and the plans for the eve had more or less given the hint the bedroom would be in use that night, for the first time. Some folks lack common sense.

I once dated a man who had a...phobia? of sleeping on a woman's beddings that any other man had ever slept in, regardless of their having been washed. He understood there had been men before him, that wasn't the issue...it was the bedding itself. He gifted me with several beautiful, brand new sets when he started sleeping at my house. I thought it a bit odd, but not a problem.
 SexyKG74
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2012 8:22:01 PM
(Does anyone care?)

I do...if I'm going to be somewhere, it's going to be clean and comfortable...
 Belle Requin
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/30/2012 8:42:08 PM
I agree on the thread count!! I'm a clean girl. I wash my sheets every week. I put a fresh pair on if I expect to be sharing the bed with anyone. I don't have 10 pair though. 3 pair are enough for me, and they're 400 thread count egyptian cotton. I don't do poly-cotton blends.
 kari135
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2012 7:46:46 AM

Ok, call me a spoilsport, but I gotta ask: have the forums on POF gotten so boring that people are now discussing thread count in sheets and how many sets they have?

They have, indeed. Lately it seems like every time a thread that is remotely interesting or intelligent or even just amusing is posted, it goes *POOF*.

Getting more and more boring. And I can't think of many things more boring than doing one's laundry. Furthermore, I predict that eventually those who worry about thread count will also feel compelled to slip in among their comments somewhere that their umpty thousand count thread sheets are EGYPTIAN cotton, too.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/31/2012 11:40:57 AM

I do...if I'm going to be somewhere, it's going to be clean and comfortable...

You care about the thread count of Brookfield Gentleman Tom's sheets? Does anyone truly care that you have ten sets of sheets? Is that a world record?

someone must care (or is bored stiff) because we're talking about it! lol

Let me rephrase: are the lives of people so boring and lackluster that they come to POF forums, into this thread, and feel compelled to share the thread count of their sheets and how many sets they have?

I like the forums--obviously--but if participants start discussing thread count, Egyptian cotton, and how many sheets they have, it is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I am going to go comment on old women wearing short skirts.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2012 11:49:35 AM
Dude i wash my bed sheets every two weeks. I don't need to wait for someone to come over before i wash them, that's just nasty. When your bed sheets don't smell fresh anymore that should give you a good idea when to wash them.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/31/2012 12:06:20 PM
My sheets get washed at a minimum of once per week. My normal bedding wash day is a Sunday.

If I had a cold and ran a fever on Monday night, and the sheets were just washed the previous Sunday...they get washed again regardless of this fact. If I had a hot flash and sweated...they go into the wash. If I have had intimacy, they get washed. Heck, some weeks I have had to wash my bedding upwards of 4 times. Because of this, when I began getting hot flashes, I went and bought a few spares so that if I wake in the middle of the night I can swap them out and worry about laundry the next morning.

None of this is rocket science....if you are a clean person by nature.
 SexyKG74
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2012 4:30:44 PM
( love the feel of freshly washed high thread count sheets. the tread count makes a difference in how it feels. Once you sleep on quality sheets you know the difference)

I agree with you...

Funny how it apparently bothers someone if a couple of people write a sentence that's kind of related to the subject...yet they comment to add to it. I guess no one is allowed to make a comment about sheets, in a thread that is about how often they change their sheets?!

When I'm single and sexually active, I like to have freshly laundered good quality sheets on my bed...there!
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2012 5:55:40 AM

I just threw up a little in my mouth......

me too. (shudder)

i wonder what part made him UPCHUCK a little in his mouth?????

Oh, I dunno, maybe the comment below v v v , and that someone old enough to know better asked when snail trails and dried jellyfish should be laundered. Its what did it for me. Pure NASTY!

I HAVEN'T HAD ANY SHEETS LIKE CRACKERS YET!!! LOL

I hope you have SEVERAL mattress protectors on your bed.

wvwaterfall...thanks! you saved me a lot of typing :) now i can just say : ditto what he said!

+1

If I'm dating someone or feel it's going to be a first with them, I have fresh sheets that day...and after he leaves my place, I would change my sheets again.

ditto

At any given time, I normally have at least 10 sets of bed sheets (400-600 thread count) so it's never an issue...

I prefer jersey knit sheets. Its like sleeping on your favorite t-shirts.
I also like LOTS of memory foam. (I hope I'm ALLOWED to post that without grandstanding hissy fits from the forum fuehrers)
 kari135
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2012 10:38:56 AM

Not sure why ... but this whole discussion just strikes me as bizarre.

What strikes me as bizarre is the thought that anyone actually felt the need to check with a public forum to find out what other people think is 'clean' - if they don't know by the time they reach adulthood, IMO they need a keeper.

I swear, my eyes are rolling so hard I'm getting cramps in those itty bitty muscles.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 26
Posted: 2/1/2012 11:19:00 AM

What strikes me as bizarre is the thought that anyone actually felt the need to check with a public forum to find out what other people think is 'clean' - if they don't know by the time they reach adulthood, IMO they need a keeper.

I swear, my eyes are rolling so hard I'm getting cramps in those itty bitty muscles.

Ditto, and yet, it is like trying to look away from a 500 pound man wearing a speedo--my eyes are drawn back even though I don't like what I see!
 Gashlycrumb_Briny
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/1/2012 3:16:14 PM
Today I found a red piece! which is weird because my coat is green!

Oh, sorry, I thought this was the pocket lint thread.

What a bunch of first world amateurs. I never wash the sheets, I just throw them out when I'm done and send the maid to buy new ones. I make her count the threads in front of me when she gets back from the store though, so I know she's not ripping me off.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2012 5:38:51 PM

I also like LOTS of memory foam

I've tried this and it does'nt work..... First, it's hard as he!! to chew and I still can't remember where I put my spare set of car keys.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/2/2012 6:04:58 AM
I like flannel sheets...why do those encounters have to be in a bed...why not standing up in a garage on a hot summers day with the smell of motor oil & swdust around you? or on the grass or dirt,rolling around & being one w/ nature? or in the shower or tub? or better yet, in an Amtr@k Train...all aboard, LOL!!!

if your sheets are not clean & u r gonna have an unexpected encounter, do it SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

just not on the bathroom floor near the kitty litter box, u might get some litter stuck to your a$$
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2012 9:28:37 AM

I like flannel sheets...why do those encounters have to be in a bed...why not standing up in a garage on a hot summers day with the smell of motor oil & swdust around you? or on the grass or dirt,rolling around & being one w/ nature? or in the shower or tub? or better yet, in an Amtr@k Train...all aboard, LOL!!!

I like the way you think! And I'm a fan of flannel as well. We stray off topic, but you made me think of a spontaneous adventure with her sitting on top of the washing machine that switched to the spin cycle at just the right time to add some great vibrations to the experience. Ah, memories....
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2012 5:58:20 PM

I also like LOTS of memory foam
============================
I've tried this and it does'nt work..... First, it's hard as he!! to chew...

Sprinkle with tenderizer and cut it up into much smaller pieces.

and I still can't remember where I put my spare set of car keys.

Get the clapper.
Notice - I said get the clapPER...........NOT get the CLAP.
Get the latter and you won't have to worry about anyone seeing your bedROOM, much less your bedSHEETS for a long, long time. No for you!!

and for those 2 who threw up a little in their mouth because i mentioned bedsheets like crackers there's a story about that.

Thank you for sharing those stories. I feel MUCH better now.

I like flannel sheets...

Me too, but they are too hot to sleep in.
I'm 90 miles from the Gulf. We only have 15 minutes of cold temps a year. It dropped down into the 20's about a month ago. I think that was it for the season. Owlgore's global warming, no doubt.
 MsMicki
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2012 8:47:48 PM
Mine get changed a couple times a week.......because when there isn't a man in my bed........there is a 60 pound dog in it!!

and sometimes.......we just rip the sheets off the waterbed, break out the oils and have a slip n slide night
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > if you're SINGLE and SEXUALLY ACTIVE how often should you wash or launder your bedsheets?