Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Bad experience,      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BobHaro
Msg: 2
Bad experience,Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
She's obviously expecting something she ain't gonna get and as such is her own worst enemy. You on the other hand have to 'harden up'. Some people are sh1ts, it's as plain and as simple as that.
She will just have to carry on with her plastic pal and her overblown sense of entitlement. The so-called' beautiful looks will eventually go and then her choice will be down to John Merrick, John Merrick...or John Merrick...and probably a small todger to boot.

Would I care that she is 'beautiful', nah that doesn't impress me one jot. I'd much rather have a woman who was a little plain even and who cared...that would make her the most beautiful woman in the world anyway.

Steer clear of beautiful (ugly) women in future.

Bob.
 matt e
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Bad experience,
Posted: 2/3/2012 12:38:49 AM
Is it not possible she didnt go within miles of the train station and it was some kind of set up or she lost her bottle and that was the best excuse she had?
Other than that you have to remember internet dating has more than its fair share of weirdos and if you take it personally you let them beat you. But its true you do have to be a bit thick skinned on here. The worst date by far I ever had on here left me feeling a bit like the OP. The girl made no effort so clearly wasnt interested. But she had nothing going for her and is easily the least impressive of all my dates ive ever had. Since then ive had successful ones with far better people.
 Melannie1
Msg: 5
Bad experience,
Posted: 2/3/2012 1:23:50 AM
Hi mortalwombat! That is just terrible... Try not to let this one intance put you off the whole site.... M.
 try1more
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Bad experience,
Posted: 2/3/2012 2:35:00 AM
cant help wondering if she replied to your first message "sorry you're not my type" what kind of message she would have received back?
i think she probably done the right thing, if you got that stressed n angry over a txt, how would you have behaved if she told you to your face, having just drunk the coffee you bought!
 Wafta
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Bad experience,
Posted: 2/3/2012 3:36:01 AM

cant help wondering if she replied to your first message "sorry you're not my type" what kind of message she would have received back?
i think she probably done the right thing, if you got that stressed n angry over a txt, how would you have behaved if she told you to your face, having just drunk the coffee you bought!

Just picked the above as an example of a couple of other posts too, nothing personal!

I think the problem here is that you're assuming that the OP would have got along with his date and would therefore have been upset either way. Who's to say, if they'd had coffee, he wouldn't have thought exactly the same about her? After all, she does appear, in my opinion, to be rather rude and lack some basic good manners.

It really wouldn't have hurt to just have a coffee out of courtesy, considering they'd both travelled to get there.

To the OP, I'd say you're probably better off not knowing people without manners anyway. Jjust a shame you didn't spend enough time getting to know each other to see that before you arranged to meet.

Not everybody is so rude and (to the woman concerned), not all "not my types" turn out to be bad guys
 try1more
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Bad experience,
Posted: 2/3/2012 6:05:26 AM
"Best wait for someone where there is mutual emotional and physical attraction"

how on earth can you determine there is a mutual emotional and physical attraction "before" you meet someone?
if you expect the person you are going to meet will become anything more than a friend, you're investing far too much.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Bad experience,
Posted: 2/3/2012 8:01:56 AM
As others have said I would just put it down to experience mate and just move on
and its better that you found out early what she is like as who would want a bird like that?

I often find that I'm far too good looking for many women out there but its their loss really!
 Jo van
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Bad experience,
Posted: 2/4/2012 8:09:46 AM
I think there may be some 'lessons' to be learned from your unfortunate experience, OP.

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but I don't think arranging to see a film, as a "first meet", is a good idea.
The prospect of having to sit next to someone you really don't 'fancy', for up to 2 hours, would be a daunting prospect, and I feel that may have played a part in her actions.

Most people decide within the first few seconds, whether they like the look of you, or not.

IMO., it would have been far better to arrange a simple 'meet up', for a coffee, first.
If you don't feel attracted to the other person, you can make your excuses and leave.
All very polite, though of course, both parties are likely to feel disappointed.

Internet dating involves a long series of disappointments.

Well done for getting a date at all though, there is hope for you yet.
Just don't be in a rush.
And be philosophical, 'nothing ventured, nothing gained', as they say.....

mysteriosa
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Bad experience,
Posted: 2/4/2012 4:06:28 PM
Sorry this happened. For what it's worth, I think it was rude of her. No one likes to be treated as an object. She could have spent some time getting to know you and at least found out if you clicked in person.

The positive side of this is that you didn't waste any more time on her. If she's that unkind, then I'd wager she doesn't have the personal qualities you are looking for in a woman.
 Strider886
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Bad experience,
Posted: 2/7/2012 4:52:44 AM
OP I reckon this was a wind up......

A group of internet trolls?
Maybe a friend of an ex or something?
Somebody trying annoy/hurt you, somebody not worthy of the oxygen they breathe.
Hell i've even come across women who are here for the sole purpose of "revenge" against any man they can suck in, as long as your nothing but a name on a screen, they think your fair game for some retribution.

I think im pretty good at analysing situations and figuring out when im being taken for a mug, some people are not so gifted.
For me there have been many times when things haven't added up, inconsistencies and little things that just don't make sense. People will lie to impress, but when that lie undermines who they fundamentally are, that's when alarm bells ring.......

Move on, don't look back and if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
 Strider886
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Bad experience,
Posted: 2/7/2012 4:58:43 AM

Its a strange place.
I work for royalmail.
I emailed someone for the first time on pof.
She was very local too me she just gave me her address and asked me too get her packets.
Once i told her i worked at her local sorting offfice.
Off course i never went but i can say it was for real.
When i asked for her telephone number she said No !!
Whats that about.

Probably has a pile of 739 cards from some lazy git who couldn't be ar5ed to load their van and decided to "stealth post" those cards instead
 sprite1950
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Bad experience,
Posted: 2/8/2012 11:10:47 AM
Life is full of disappointment and although this was hard for you you just have to get over it and move on. At least she let you know and didnt leave you standing there for hours. Someone said they can tell if a person is their type within seconds and Im the same. I think she should have let you know face to face but there was no pretence, she knew and let you know immediately that she didnt fancy you. You dont have to give up you just have to be aware of the pitfalls of internet dating - the next one might be totally different
 kkpiper
Msg: 40
Bad experience,
Posted: 2/11/2012 6:26:35 AM
If you had met her for the coffee, and she had said "she just wanted to be friends, you were not her type" would you have accepted that ??

I am not so sure, as it sounds as if you were setting yourself up for a Romance.

At least you got a text, and were not standing around for a couple of hours waiting for her to turn up.
 MikeWM
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Bad experience,
Posted: 2/17/2012 3:45:06 PM
She might have had ingrowing toenails and unruly kids

So it might have been a lucky escape

And a ride on a train is always fun too
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Bad experience,