Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why are men so confusing?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 laskoboo
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why are men so confusing?Page 1 of 1    
men confusing? that a new one !!!

if you dont want to date him again, you made the right choice.. now cut it off.

pretty simple.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 3
Why are men so confusing?
Posted: 2/5/2012 8:19:08 AM
You have broken up ... now move on.

Trying to be friends with someone you still have feelings for is impossible.

Then you tell him a lie in order to make him jealous!

My God ... you're acting very childish.

These are things that are done in high school, not in adult hood.

Take the time to heal, understand where your relationship when wrong and fix issues with yourself so that they do not happen again.

Leave the man alone!
 Buckets_of_Sky
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/5/2012 8:38:30 AM
Good lord almighty, just write him off, walk away, leave him alone. No need to be friends. You need to read what you wrote out-loud, it is pathetic display of high school drama, I am embarrassed for you and him.

IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2012 8:45:33 AM
I had to move all that wall of text onto my notepad function and separate it all out, just to figure out what in the world you were saying. Next time, PLEASE learn the value and function of paragraphs and punctuation.

In answer to your more pertinent question (not the title one), " Did I make the wrong choice to telling him I met someone else?" The answer is absolutely yes. Because you lied. Lying is always a bad idea, unless you are talking to a stranger about your passwords or where you keep your valuables at home.

As for "men being confusing," that has nothing whatsoever to do with your situation. This guy was very clear and unambiguous, and remarkably clear in his communications with you. I understood everything you say that he said, and it's only your side that I found remotely confusing.

By the way, it doesn't matter whether your ultimate goal was to get him back, or was to have revenge upon him for dumping you. Lying is a failed behavior either way.
 forumitejunkie
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/5/2012 8:47:54 AM
Is there an epidemic of 25 y/o girls w/ this same tale from AZ! See the following thread for advice on the matter:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts15010675.aspx

No matter who did the breaking up, switching gears into "friends only" mode within a week of the break-up IS too soon, so your ex is right ~ all the more so when you've alerted him to your conclusion that your relationship had been "toxic."

Besides that, if you objectively (should that be possible!) examine your motives, you'd realize you really don't want to be "just friends" with the guy....what you want is to have you both remain a fixture in each other's life with the hope/expectation of going right back to bf/gf. He is smart enough to see that.

As to your doing the wrong thing telling him you were already out on 2 dates within a week of your relationship ending....well, it depends on why you chose to tell him, no? If your goal was to upset him w/ your "la di dah" attitude about the break-up, then you got your wish....though it seems that instead of it resulting in his making a mad dash to get you back before it was "too late"...it resulted in his saying he wants no part of you. That's how it goes when we play games of this nature.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/5/2012 9:10:32 AM
Well I guess we all scared her off.

Hope she took something away from this.
 forumitejunkie
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/5/2012 9:13:09 AM
And....BOTH profiles got deleted!

Yes, hopefully between the responses to her 2 threads, she gained some insight. If she was this transparent in her ulterior motives to strangers on a website, I imagine the ex-boyfriend is quite clear as to the level of immaturity.
 inlove4ever
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2012 8:08:10 AM
Hello Heather

Why are you with each other ...

When two people are on the same path and see eye to eye and are complimenting each other in everyway then thats the relationship you need, one that grows and you findout
something new every so often that you say i didnot know u liked that or do that, thats amazing.

But you sound like you are desparate to have a relationship in anyway shape or form that is if its with the wrong person then that will do for now, thats not enriching your life or is right for you and him he possible coming from the same view point and this is then your problem. My advise is too take a step back and give yourself some time and look at the relationship and look where and what was wrong and in time my adjustments and then and only then move on. Because if you too are broken u do need to to heal.

take care
 inlove4ever
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2012 8:11:47 AM
Hi

you so right love life is too short

xx
 pocketfives
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/13/2012 10:46:19 PM
I find everyone confusing nowadays.
 0ldhag
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/18/2012 1:06:29 PM
He sounds like a keeper. I'd try and get back together with him.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why are men so confusing?