Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Has anyone had their lead fillings removed?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dsljim
Msg: 1
Has anyone had their lead fillings removed?Page 1 of 1    
Just curious if you feel better? Or if your blood tests got better afterwards? I tried contacting the 2 dentists that put mine in, but they're both dead.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 2
Has anyone had their lead fillings removed?
Posted: 2/6/2012 10:52:49 PM
I had all mine removed in 1990 and it did not make any difference.
 dsljim
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/7/2012 5:35:04 AM
Thanks, that's what I was wondering, I read the glues used to hold the newer safer fillings in can be worse for you than leaving the old ones undisturbed. Kinda like dredging the pcbs off the bottom of a river. I've been reading about different chelation therapies to get rid of the mercury and lead stuck in your body instead.
 Welsh474
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/7/2012 3:32:45 PM
My sister had all her mercury filling removed and followed up with chelation, she heard it may help her fibromyalgia. She said the chelation was sort of weird and painful as the chemicals come out of your body. Me, I'm not a believer in chelation but to each their own. She says she didn't really notice too much of a difference.

Turns out the majority of the problems she had were caused from a wheat allergy. She's now dancin her azz off and feeling great. I'm so happy to see her healthy.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/7/2012 3:44:26 PM
Yes Welsh minor food allergies ( wheat being one of them ) along with magnesium deficiency, stress and a candida infection seem to have been at the root of my fibromyalgia like symptoms for the past 10 to 15 yrs. And for the record I am feeling the healthiest I have felt in the past decade and dancing my way down the ski hill as a result.

From what I have gathered OP the mercury in a merucury amalgum filling is very stable and you will probably be exposed to more mercury having them removed than you will leaving them in. There are many other sources of exposure to mercury. If you eat fish on a regular basis or work in heavy industry ( in particular mining and smelting ) you may be exposed to mercury - have you actually had blood work done to see if your levels are higher than recommended. Keep in mind the new flourescent "environmentally friendly" light bulbs contain mercury.
 normaldude
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2012 2:30:31 PM
I have a mouthful of the old style fillings and not enough money to remove them but now luckily my teeth are starting to fall out!!!!
 soicat
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/13/2012 3:10:04 PM
I had mine replaced with gold. Can't say I noticed any difference.
 Tankeryanker56
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/13/2012 9:10:31 PM
I had all of mine replaced, but I also had some other major dental work done on the same day, so I can't say that it was only because of the filling removal. I had felt much better afterwords.
 Innatelypassionate1
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/14/2012 9:35:57 PM
I had eight lead fillings removed and eight of the new non lead fillings put in within a one month period.

I had many sore throats and some larangytis the following month but since then have not noticed any difference whatsover in my health.
 GodsChild750
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/19/2012 5:23:44 AM
I have heard that your teeth are alot more sensitive once you change to white fillings.
 spiriteyes7
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2012 4:18:39 PM
now you got me scared .so i am going to make an apointment with my Doctor to do the ((( Skin -Patch )) a Chemical test for Silver -lead-Mercury Poisoning test .i have lots of fillings and so wonder if that is why i suffer some Winter SSADSS and Asthmatic
 chatindude
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/13/2012 3:38:23 PM
I had 12 mercury replaced and I did notice a big difference but it took time. The white porcelain didnt bother me.
 LydiaLee
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2012 10:08:39 AM
I had my lower fillings replaced a couple years ago, by a dentist who specializes in doing it the right way, ie protective nose and eye wear, vent placed right in front of me, rubber dam, clothes cover, and capsules to absorb anything that might be swallowed. It is recommended that you be in reasonably good health when you do this, so that your body can eliminate any toxins that are released. Our fillings are probably the highest concentration of mercury that we encounter.-so do it, but make sure that it's done the right way.
 DrSnore
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/24/2016 3:24:01 PM
There are not, and never been any such thinks as "Lead" fillings. The metal fillings were made of a silver/tin alloy, which was mixed with mercury. They were an excellent restorative material, which saved billions of teeth.
 DrSnore
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/24/2016 3:24:28 PM
There are not, and never been any such thinks as "Lead" fillings. The metal fillings were made of a silver/tin alloy, which was mixed with mercury. They were an excellent restorative material, which saved billions of teeth.
 Dovelett
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2016 12:47:30 PM
Had for many many many years silver type fillings in my a few of my teeth. Went to Mexico and had them all replace with crowns. They best thing I could've done. Work was so cheap and it's the work was fast and good so my dentist in the states, stated. Cheap like 130.00 per tooth. Done within 1 day. if you go early in morning, sometimes they have crowns ready by the afternoon. Algondas 3 miles outside of Yuma, Az.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Has anyone had their lead fillings removed?