Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What is the shortest date you have had      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Julian2807
Msg: 8
What is the shortest date you have hadPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Back when I was in my mid twenties I had a blind date, she turned up with her mum, dad and 2 brothers, after about half an hour of completely being ignored I made an excuse and left.
 jaqi
Msg: 12
view profile
History
What is the shortest date you have had
Posted: 2/7/2012 11:45:15 AM
My shortest date? Opened my car door in the car park, saw he was older and nothing like the greek god I had been expecting ... told him so , shut the car door and drove off ... hmmmmm all of about 30 seconds!
 Foxonian
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2012 3:11:02 PM
Hilarious, Maverick, lucky escape! You're lucky he told you so soon that he was married.
 sprite1950
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2012 11:45:43 PM
Looooooooool Waynie! Ive had dates that seemed endless and I wished they could end 2 minutes after meeting them but Ive always stuck them out.
 andy1961
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2012 10:29:10 AM
gilly, thats naughty, you cant complain about guys telling porkies when you have done exactly the same thing... have you explained on your profile?

Yep, totally agree. You've got 40 on your profile but you're actually 43. Sorry, that's not a "fib" that's a lie. And it's such hypocrisy considering you're complaining about guys lying to you!

I've personally met loads of women from here who tell "fibs" like that (I'm sure the men are worse), and they think that's okay. Why do people do that? And 9 times out of 10 more little "fibs" start to unravel!

Steve_Sandy
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2012 12:22:14 PM
shortest date ? about 30 seconds

woman briefly mentioned mobility issues, but was walking with crutches, none of which were visible in her profile, all showed her standing on the beach, grass etc...

then her hair was grey instead of brown so suspected the photos were several years out of date

another one was a blind date, worked out quickly that there was no mutual interest and both happy to leave it there
 VeronicaUK
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/27/2013 11:41:07 AM
probably about an hour...it was obvious we had nothing in common so had a lovely chat over a cuppa and went our own ways.
 MrSoothe
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/27/2013 2:28:29 PM
I don't think I've had any short dates.

In fact I've had dates I wish would end but don't. One lasted until 12 midnight and it was the first date.

I met her at 6.30 pm and we had to be chucked out the pub. I don't drink but she was sozzled. LOL.
 xxDrStrangelovexx
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/27/2013 2:42:58 PM
No 1

Speed dating, they sent me the wrong match.

We Texted, said we'd meet in a bar.

I sat at the bar and waited for her, after 5 mins both pub doors were pushed open with force, a fat bird must have been a size 28 proceeded to waddle in, the whole bar looked at her, she marched towards me, then they all looked at me, my jaw dropped, I was in a state of shock.

Made my excuses, went to the gents and escaped out of the window.

No 2

American bird off here, nice pics, chatted on the phone, agreed for her to come over, went to meet her at Heathrow.

When I saw her, she was nothing like the pics, infact Im convinced they were not her pics, I throught holy f... Im now going to be stuck with her for 2 weeks.

Got in my car, stopped at Heston services, she went to use the ladies, so I used it as a chance to bail out.

DAFT_DOG
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2013 10:10:06 PM
i did a 140 miles round trip just over a year ago for a "coffee n chat" meet, we didnt click, and it lasted about an hour chatting, still friends now, and chat often online, so nothing lost :O)
 StrawberryPopsicle
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/28/2013 1:07:33 AM
About a hour,we agreed that even if we didn't click then we'd still have a nice time as pals and we did.
 celticbeauty1961
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/28/2013 3:57:03 AM
"the last relationship I had from here 18 months ago took 4 months to tell me! well he didn't tell me exactly, his partner of two and half years gave me a call as she had become suspisious. I had no idea. I was mortified to think I had done that to another woman, not my style at all."

Same sort of thing happened to me except we'd only email contact. He was seeing someone else he told me that but I wasn't the one having an affair with him. Still got an email from his partner though warning me off. He apparently made a habit of it. All the stuff about his handicapped son were rubbish as well. He did tell me that he was separated, didn't say that he was single. Probably would never have met because he was in West Sussex if I remember rightly.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2013 1:15:43 PM
10 minutes. Close to my work at a coffee shop with a local without a pic who described herself as someone very appealing. I clocked her then bought a single coffee ( for her) then after she was half way through I told her I had to dash off to the gym.
Misrepresentation is such a waste of time.
 ObjectStupidity
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/30/2013 11:48:53 AM
About 5mins for me... certain article off this site/forum turned up half pi**ed and looking nothing at all like her picture...
Worst bit was a pong of chip pan/body odour...clearly she hadnt made any sort of effort so it was 'endex' there an then wit yours truly bugging out pdq....

Total waste of time an effort!
 no_messing_here
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/1/2013 5:19:45 PM
15 minutes, 10 of which I had the desire to tip his coffee over his head
 GeordieColin
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2013 6:32:06 AM
She was just over 5 foot tall and could be picked up like a six pack
 Mysticus_Amatrix
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/2/2013 8:37:06 AM
Never had a really short one, so for me it would be around 5 hours.
drive out to a nice pub, few drinks, then home.....nothing exciting to report.
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2013 1:29:52 PM
All of my dates have been at least 2-3 hours long, though honestly I wish some had been shorter!!
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2013 4:51:05 AM
Mine was a few years ago and my first internet date.

Thugh we had chatted the person that turned up to the meet was not the picture and strangly could not have the conversations we had been having on the telephone.

I excused myself after 20 minutes. We did stay in touch for about a year butit was always a struggle from that moment.
 ScorpVenus1
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/16/2017 7:54:31 AM
Ah i can beat that one. Last night, i went to meet a guy who lets be honest isnt my usual type. (has kids no job no car etc) So me being me, being too nice and all, agreed to meet this guy at 8pm at his local. He doesn't work, so he may not appreciate that i do, but i rush home from London and rush getting dressed and washed etc, and went to said place.

He had text me previous to meet him at the bar. so I get there and no one is there, so i wait 10 mins and then went outside to call him to see where he is. Somehow he can use whats app on a number that doesn't exist. So i think i've been pranked at this time, and just leave.

As i was starting the car he calls off a different number and says he thought i wasn't going to make it, and was at his friends round the corner, and that i could come to get him?! As i had better things to do i declined and went home. 11pm comes and he rings again and asks for a lift home HAHA. So yea shortest to date, it was so bizarre that i was lost for words. Just Wow.

this was not because he had seen me or anything childish like that, He just didnt go.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/16/2017 8:07:00 AM
It was a meet n greet , not a date .

We sat down at a table, her phone rang, she spoke to the person who called for a few SECONDS, got up and said she had to go.

I would say from the first greeting to her leaving took less than one minute.

Fortunately, that hasn't happened since.

Going by her clothes and make up = definitely a high maintenance Princess.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2017 9:05:06 AM
Around 4 hours.
 kirkstmoritz1968
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/16/2017 11:16:42 AM
Four foot eleven.........and a half apparently.
 patriciaanne55
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/16/2017 12:24:01 PM
I wound the car window down and said...oh I'm sorry or words to that affect, didn't get out of the car
 10ky
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2017 12:46:39 PM
When I made my profile, I had quit smoking cigar so I chose non-smoker. I date this chick and had just smoked before meeting her. As soon as she saw me, she was like: "Dude.. you smoke aye?!" I was like: "Aye, I sure do woman. You want some cigar right now right here?" She: "fook of.f... ya fkn tossa (in a super heavy Scottish accent)" and walked away.

My shortest date was therefore ~2 minutes. Pity .. she had a massive pair albeit she was rather chubby.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What is the shortest date you have had