Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > What is the difference between good sex and great sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 no_1_bby
Msg: 4
view profile
History
What is the difference between good sex and great sex? Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Have to agree with udonotmatter here. It's a very subjective answer and will vary from person to person.

Bad sex.. if he doesn't even bother trying to do more than get himself off.

Good sex.. sharing the joy, even if we don't both get off, it can still be enjoyable.

Great sex.. when there's a deeper mental connection and we both know how to maximize the experience. Usually leaves us panting and gasping for breath and laying in a small lake.

Here's another way of looking at it..

Bad sex - any sex with an ex where the relationship ended badly.
Good sex - any sex with an ex where the relationship didn't end badly.
Great sex - any sex I'm having with my current partner.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 5
What is the difference between good sex and great sex?
Posted: 2/7/2012 7:23:04 AM
Loving the person you are with.

I believe it to be an emotional connection that takes it from ok to WOW!
 Flipgirl24
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2012 8:36:59 AM
Bad sex is when the other person doesn't make any effort to make you feel good. You just want it over with. Sometimes you just end it before it 'ends' because it's So bad. It feels like a chore, like cleaning the toilet.

Good sex gets you off but you still need more.

Great sex is when you and your partner are totally connected, either physically or emotionally or both, and all you want to do is make the other feel as good as you are feeling. It's when you feel totally safe and that the other person is doing all he can to please you and vice versa. It doesn't have to be fast and hard to be great, just e,exhilarating, satisfying, and you never want it to end. It takes your breath away, literally and figuratively, and you feel like you are.going to explode.

Trust me, you will know when it's great. Damn I miss the great.
 john scot
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2012 8:40:30 AM
true and it keeps you awake at night thinkin about it later lolxx
 c_deacon
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2012 8:51:19 AM
Good sex is when both enjoy pleasing and being pleased, and great sex is when doing that, you two fit in such a way that it is almost like a dance that has been practiced and practiced and practiced......

Knowing each others likes and dislikes, moves, wants, and desires, etc., just makes it that much better, and when one is not a selfish lover, but a pleasing one, all can fit together and the end result is at times, hopefully many times, great sex.

Do not get me wrong though, some times one does not want to make love, one just wants the raw sex, of the here and now, and that can be great tooooooo, when one understands what the other wants and lets them enjoy it.........

Fitting together in all the right ways makes sex oh so much better, and that takes an understanding of who and what you are doing, why, and the knowledge of how to do it properly, and the way the other so enjoys it. There are those that have sex and those that are lovers, and the way you know the difference is if you enjoy waking with them as much as you did going to bed with them........

cd............
 1osubuckeye
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2012 9:18:58 AM
I don't really care. Sex is sex.
 dondea
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2012 12:37:01 PM
Great answer AngelofHonesty!
 smokincigars
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2012 5:52:46 PM
After GREAT sex, your non-smoking neighbors want to bum cigarettes. :)
 abee_normal
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/16/2012 7:38:00 PM
I thought I knew, but now I don't.

I made love to my ex wife when we both wanted to get pregnant, and while the sheets didnt burn up, it was loving care free sex with joyous intent. My son was concieved in love. Very seldom an orgasm, but they were there. I thought that was great sex.

I had a lover who loved car and outdoor sex. best bj's ever had. a real adventurous thrill seeker. she never orgasmed with a partner before me, but we figured out her spots, and she eventually multipled all the time. I thought that was great sex.

I had another lover who could eventually would have multi orgasms just when giving me a bj, no other physical contact was needed. We stopped counting her orgasms, they seemed endless. I thought that was great sex.

Im with someone now, who cant orgasm. 45 years old, and close but no cigar. very inexperienced sexually for a number of valid reasons. never whipped out a vibrator. closest she comes, is grinding on my hip while i am on my side and she's in pants. Great sex for her cant be orgasm based, and nearly every trick, technique, or skill i thought i had, doesnt work.

Shes eagar to please, always wants it, there is a physical and emotional connection, but I always feel like its less than it could be. If there would be an achilles heel to my current relationship, this would be it.

If great sex for me has always been defined with orgasms, am I destined to have only good sex with her? how do i make it great without orgasms?
 shygirl413
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/17/2012 9:41:40 AM
good sex you have an orgasm... great sex you have an orgasm and feel emotions
 Helloitsmeyourlookingfor
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/17/2012 11:39:52 AM
Ahhhh AngelofHonesty ... you would be great sex. You exude hotness.

Since we are talking about "sex" and not making love.

Great sex is where the desire overcomes any mental inhibitions, the pulsations in the body's organs are uncontrollable because of what your partner is doing to turn you on, be it erotic clothes, foreplay, teasing, licking, nipping.... whatever it is that gets your motor running and yet not succumbing to the desire of the body to release right away.

Okay sex .... pppphhht ... out it comes, roll over and go to sleep.

Great sex ..... aaahhh aaaahhh shudder, shake, tremble, convulse.... splatter the ceiling, her stomach, or deep inside her uterus.
Pant like a dog in the August heat together ....
Repeat
 MikeWM
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2012 12:19:49 PM
One you can get for free the other you have to pay for

Which one is which really just boils down to how much you pay
 rsurdi
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 12:25:05 PM
when you reach that level you will truly know its like anything else a lot of research and develpoment to sense what is good and what is not so good. it starts with a bangin orgasim
 windchymes
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 3:55:02 PM
Good sex: what I had
Great sex: what he had

arwen52
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 5:02:01 PM
What makes sex good and what takes it from good to great? Is it an emotional connection or is it physcial.... or is it a combination of both?

Caring deeply about your partner and paying attention to detail.
 russell5417
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/28/2012 5:49:38 AM
Great sex is what happens when you have a monogamous relationship with someone that you deeply care about, and you are very open and uninhibited with one another when it comes to all things sexual. This also comes under the proverbial ....."it's all about give and take".
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2012 10:16:17 PM
Great sex is a satisfied lady who lets you know afterward uniquely that she's appreciative.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > What is the difference between good sex and great sex?