Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > What's the weirdest thing you ever ate?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 5
What's the weirdest thing you ever ate?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
her name was cindy. she had blue hair.

although i haven't tried it, the strangest combo i've heard of is pork with oysters.

k.w.
i'd eat it
 dsljim
Msg: 6
What's the weirdest thing you ever ate?
Posted: 2/9/2012 6:27:29 PM
I like banana peppers and pineapple together on my white pizza.
The other day on these forums, I was looking at coleslaw recipes and one called for peanut butter, so I shredded some cabbage stirred in a spoonful of p/b and ate it that way, never did try the whole recipe.
 pupdaddy12003
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2012 8:33:07 PM
For some reason, I like those Hostess Donettes with orange juice. Pop in a donut, sip of juice and chew...sweet and sour...it works for me. Another strange thing is dipping 'Nilla wafers in sour creme..same sweet and sour combination..with the mouth feel of fat from the sour creme.
 lovefun99
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/10/2012 8:19:54 AM
butter, peanut butter and marshmellow fluff...

Wierdest thing I have eaten was fried grasshoppers in Mexico....
 jojoaus
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2012 3:03:42 PM
When I was little I used to love mashed up banana with an orange squeezed on to it then mixed up. The thought of it is making my mouth water now

I also liked hot chips (fries) and blackcurrant or blackberry jam in a sandwich. Don't dare eat that kind of thing any more!!!!

In Cambodia last year a couple of the hotels we stayed in offered snack packs of wasabi calamari but I didn't indulge, and in the markets in Pnom Penh we saw sacks of fried beetles, grasshoppers and spiders..... I was too much of a sook to try any of them!
 caddyman101
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2012 3:12:09 PM
ihad the midnight munches a few nights ago and my kids eat all the jam. luckly i try a peanutbutter and banana sandwich. But, I had some leftover fudge cake frosting. And you know where i going with this. I smeared some frosting on my bread and it was pretty good. Most have some milk around.
 caddyman101
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2012 9:02:53 PM
who did you let wok your dog.
 Rokei57
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2012 9:34:29 AM
I remember when I was young and very poor we made stewed crackers for dinner. Heated milk, butter, salt and pepper and crushed saltines in it.
 caddyman101
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2012 10:54:48 AM
I had peanut butter soup once. I was pretty good with some saltine cracker.
 MOD3
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/15/2012 2:09:02 PM
I ate Porcupine on a survival trip(I was starving..and no it didnt taste like pork!)..We were also trained to set up Piute dead fall traps to catch Mice!I didnt catch any but I would have tried it..Then..probably not now..
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/15/2012 6:44:03 PM
how do you prep beaver tails? never even thought aboot eating them.

does the taste compare to anything? tough? gamey?

k.w.
i'd try it
 Saruman256
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2012 10:15:24 AM
I eat organ meats all the time, lots of collagen protein, so they don't surprise me because growing up we ate them after we sold all the good cuts to the city folk for money, you just need to cook them right.
Weirdest? Hmmmmm..... depends on how you define weird. Maybe octopus puff balls froma steet vendor in Japan, but man they were good!!
 RERE1026
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2012 8:23:51 AM
Hmmmm....cottage cheese with bosco comes to mind....YUK!
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 9:13:45 AM
I never will make nor eat this but a x pal does.Raw onion sandwhiches BIG slices*gags*she also made&love this Russian dish..a casserolesalad?Boiled Beets & potatoes with fish(she used canned tuna or was it sardines)mayno an layered it just so.I felt bad for those potatoes..an was made to eat that dish..it was purple coloured!I hate you beets

Not weird-My dad made me rice tea an it is good.He also taught me well made it and had me eat-drink it lol its hot coffe crack an egg stir it up if you want an enjoy.Good breakfast on the go when low on food.My siblings made butter sometimes with cheese sandwhiches but my dads are better.He makes it with butter,hot spicy salami,a dallop of cherry jam, mayb creamcheese.ah now im cravin smokedsalmon with rice..China Bei Jing I tried serpent while others ate insects bugs beetles larvae etc.I perfer eels,toasted cuttlefish yummy
Tempted to try BBQ SeaStar/Sea Horse.
stepmother tried camelshump.
would anyone try these Canadiene dishes..its brusselsprouts covered with chocolatsauce & mashed blu potatoes with cocoacola gravy?

hmm to be cont.
I like this Forum and this Thread
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 9:31:13 AM
Also I heard of oneman who marinated his meat in beer,gingerale & orangespeels...for a week!!& he ate them with gusto.forgot meat, experiment,play it off..it sounds bad.
I think he is alive.too bad
Some Men=scary cooks.
Bakers=? runs
I use to love duckeggs,my Aunt fed them to me when I was young.Lov yolks.Eggtarts.so Ducklings with alil soyasauce whitepepper,spice,salt or au natural.Use to eat organs..I think I may still eat those crispy deep fried intestines or kidneys I forgot, was another Orient dish.Ah radish/turnipcake for DimSum,RawOysters so delicious.BlackBean Snails,crab eggs.Duck neck.
Forced to eat fisheyes/mouth never again.
to be cont.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 1:09:45 PM
^^Actually, that doesn't sound half bad Mr. Idiot!

OT: Well, one time at band camp...oh wait, the question was "what" as opposed to "who"....well I guess it would have to be an emu burger. Hope I used correct spelling? Trust me, I didn't find emu/ostrich to be very tasty!
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 3:00:41 PM
HomeMade Bread Sir IS:is the way to go mmm fresh hot loaves
Cheese is okay not to strong..Spicy Cheese best,the one with hotpeppers
an creamcheese an montszeralla
marble fine
Cheese pizza party!

BUT ONION SANDWHICHES??o_O
my x pal ate hers plain no mayo no butter mayb some salt but as she learned it from her x guy..she just made onion on very rye sandwhiches.

I'll have my sandwhiches either PB HomeMade StrawBerry Jam et Banana
or butter an cheese,or mayo with meat
then there was this diet my sis had..
beansprout sandwhiches
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 7:59:32 PM
OxTail Soup
Boar Burgers was..okay..
SharkFin Soup ahh-not weird!
Turtle Soup no
LobsterSalad(Orient Chinese Dish of spec.mayo like sauce with fruits-melons grapes apples etc an cold lobster meat)
Fresh Durian an DragonFruit

Lol do drinks count as weird food?Its not weird.Just another Orient er dish..cup..its a 5 Bean no 3Bean(red green & mung bean)GrassJelly with this other blackjelly an ice with coconut an tapioca..
then theres avocado ovaltine milkshake..

TooShadows
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 8:13:47 AM
I have eaten beaver meat,but not the tail. There's really not much on a beaver tail to eat,but the meat is very good. It doesn't taste like chicken at all. It's a flavor all its own.

I've eaten a lot of insects,mostly on dares as a kid. Grasshopper are pretty good roasted;so are crickets.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 11:23:18 PM
Chicken feet. No meat, just skin and cartilage. I don't get it but it's a staple for Chinese Dim Sum.
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 1:08:37 AM
ChickenFeet/claws/talons has meat too. Its tasty, varies on recipe etc but even skin isn't so bad. & great Crunchy cartiledge & its good for you. So Not really weird..after all ppl eat things from the ground too lol. What is abit weird is ppl eating glass or expired food & such..how they're able & still here...sure bananapeels or even orangpeels isn't awful & all that but ppl who eat plastic & such..even metals.Though there is edible gold & silver..& perhaps if true of myths & such,its possble to drink/eat other minerals like gems etc..& some ppl, & cultures eat pure raw meat..arachnids, dungbeetles fried like peanuts.. or old trad.to make cheese using maggots.. intriguing the way we/one are/is & becoming Etc.
of course there are things we don't know.. Also now with tech.being advanced to making waste edible,'meat'grown in petrie dishes & what`s next..Thinking what we have seems best maybe
 Molly Maude
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 1:18:18 AM
when I was a child, I remember that my Dad used to butter sourdough bread, cut thick ... tear it up, place it into a chilled aluminum glass ... pour icy cold milk over it and eat with an iced tea spoon! he called it buttered bread and milk ... he usually ate this after my Mom had gone to bed because, had she still been up, she would have complained!

my favorite sandwich when I was a child was extra chunky peanut butter on homemade bread with thick slices of purple onion ... I remember my Mom made me peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches, too ... but I preferred the thick slices of onion ...

out with friends at an authentic Chinese restaurant in Los Angeles one weekend, one man in our party ate chicken feet ... no meat, no coating ... just chicken's feet ... we all teased him so much ... later, we stopped at a Basque restaurant in Bakersfield and the rest of us had sliced lamb's tongue! he kept leaning over and whispering in my ear, "that sweet little lamb will never speak again! baaaaa!" weird food ... fun day ...
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 2:46:10 AM
Also now with tech.being advanced to making waste edible,'meat'grown in petrie dishes & what`s next

How about meat made from human excrement?

http://inhabitat.com/poop-burger-japanese-researcher-creates-artificial-meat-from-human-feces/
 Molly Maude
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 8:10:19 PM
about 1975 or so, I worked for a marketing company in Los Angeles ... one of our more unusual foods we were marketing was avocado based ice creams from the Phillipines ... there were pretty good, actually ...

later, I worked for the international sales and marketing arm of an olive cooperative ... of course, everyone's probably tried almond-stuffed olives ... garlic-stuffed olives ... onion-stuffed olives ... on and on!
 Vannili
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2012 7:27:25 AM
I eat celery stalks with peanut butter ,an American co worker introduce me on this and pea soup with bacon bits. is is yummy!!!

^^^^ Avocado is a fruit , a dessert for Pilipinos, we put canned milk and sugar. Mexican friends says eweee.... and we say eweee too when they spread it on their sliced bread .... Mixed with lime, onions and tomatoes as guagamole/Avocado with shrimps. I love,guacamole.. I considered avocado as a vegie and a fruit
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > What's the weirdest thing you ever ate?