Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > WHERE WOULD YOU RELOCATE? suggestions on cities/towns      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 2
 63Bob63
Msg: 3
WHERE WOULD YOU RELOCATE? suggestions on cities/towns
Posted: 2/12/2012 8:34:29 PM
I have always liked the Flagstaff area of Arizona!!
 Ailliss
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/13/2012 1:55:02 AM
I think everyone should live in a large city at least for a while.
So, I suggest NYC; in its heart; Manhattan.

My second choice would be the South Bay Area near Los Angeles.
Believe me you would not like Beverly Hills; nice place to shop but not to live, even if you were a billionaire.
 laskoboo
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2012 5:39:43 AM
You should go to a huge metro city ........... like NYC or Los Angeles. Small town is not a good choice. Memphis and nashville are good options too.
Where you do not want to go is Florida. Noty just the economy, the humidity, all the druggies...... but the overinflation.
 lacalli
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/14/2012 7:58:23 PM

second choice would be the South Bay Area near Los Angeles.

Shhh...for crying out loud, we finally got the traffic on PCH down to a manageable level and you have to go telling the whole world about us. Did you know that MB/PV/parts of RB are sometimes more expensive than BH?
I think OP should move to Mexico, the beer is cheap.
 Ailliss
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/16/2012 1:22:56 AM

Shhh...for crying out loud, we finally got the traffic on PCH down to a manageable level and you have to go telling the whole world about us. Did you know that MB/PV/parts of RB are sometimes more expensive than BH?
I think OP should move to Mexico, the beer is cheap.

Ha, Ha. Heck yes I know that we are often more expensive, and rightly so. We are waay more desirable. But you are right, no more revelations or recommendations to join us.
 aboutgettingby
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/17/2012 10:38:12 PM
If you are looking for a big city try Chicago, not nearly as expensive as New York, looking to stay in the South I would look at Tampa, Fort Collins Colorado is a fair sized city close to the mountains, St George Utah if you are looking for a medium sized town in the southwest.
 0ldhag
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/19/2012 8:03:18 AM
If my only option was the US, then hands-down, the place i'd live would be Savannah, Georgia.

I've never come across a city with so much "something I can't even explain it".

Otherwise, i'd choose overseas: Amsterdam, Zurich, Edinburgh, Rome, Kabul...anywhere :)
 CaboJim
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2012 9:17:02 AM
I moved to Mexico 6 years ago near Cabo San Lucas. I love it. All the freedoms we use to have in the states.
 lacalli
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/19/2012 9:31:48 AM
Colorado has lots of great cities with people in your age group.
 DAZMAN87
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/20/2012 1:50:17 AM
*Vancouver Island BC
*Kelowna BC
*Calgary AB
*Regina Sask
*Brandon MB
USA
*Lincoln Nebraska
*Sacramento Califprnia
*Everett Washington
*Philadelphia Pennsylvania
World
*Cape Town SouthAfrica
*Dresden Germany
*Mancester UK
 dhines82
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/23/2012 4:21:06 AM
Fairbanks Alaska.......... Seriously!!!!!
 SILady10306
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 1:25:05 PM
I live in NYC....it's the best city in the world. They say if you can make it here...well, you know the song.
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/28/2012 12:37:30 AM
I live in FL, I will always stay in FL, since i can not live away from the ocean, but in the summer i often dream about running away, lol. Maybe Alaska?
 KorageHu
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2012 10:24:56 PM
,e go vegas i will go to vegas.
 out_of_touch
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/5/2012 3:42:12 PM
Mystical,
Since you state in your profile your town is 'too small' go out into the world and try out the cities. May or may not fit your style. People really do act differently.

My suggestion would be to stay away from Coastlines and major cities. The safest place to be is in a small town out in the country. Wait till they try to take your gun.

Southern boys are needed out here in the country.
 russell5417
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/15/2012 4:35:30 AM
I would like to spend 6 months down south, and 6 months up north.

I lived in Florida east coast during the 70's and loved it there, although not so much during the mid summer months.

I think I would be lost too far away from the ocean.....I love the salt air.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 12:09:55 PM
I've lived in a few countries (I'm from France), 2 US states and 3 Canadian provinces.

I chose to live in Alberta, Canada. I like the absolute beauty of thge Canadian Rockies. Lots of hiking, backpacking, etc.

Also it is the most highly educated jurisdiction in the the world and about the wealthiest. If one has a pulse, one can get a dozen decent jobs before noon. Perhaps the only place any unskilled 20 year old can earn over a hundred thousand a year if he is dertermined.

In the USA I lived in Caspar, Wyoming and liked it a lot...as in Alberta, an upbeat energy based economy. Also in Elko, Nevada...very warm community.

In the USA today, I would choose be the Pacific northwest or Alaska. I like Spokane, WA a lot. I pre3fer to live in places where the population tends to be from 'somewhere else'...more worldy, socially dynamic and open to new ideas.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 9:27:09 PM
MrsPollifax

Potugal is questionable. A bankrupt economy with dwindling infrastructure. Southern France is a better choice. I'm from Montpellier in Languedoc-Roussillon. It is ideally located and a foot in both the traditional and modern world.

I'm more of an outdoor and Nature person and like western Canada but if I returned to France it would be either to Montpellier or Strasbourg in Alsace. Both are cities with lots of culture and a positive economy.
 gaiaisnotthesameasvenus
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/26/2012 10:14:10 AM
India - I'd have a better teaching job and better medical care .. and some peace.
 spooky48
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/29/2012 3:03:20 PM
The UK (England, the North, specifically)

Choice 2: Iceland

Choice 3: Australia
 aboutgettingby
Msg: 26
Posted: 4/5/2012 10:03:39 PM

Mrs Polifax

Most people might bypass Alberta because of the weather. I had an online friend for a couple of years who was from near Edmonton. It is extremely cold there during a long, long winter. The scenery in Albert may be nice, there may be hiking, but the price you pay in long, extremely cold winters would not be worth it to me. Also, it's landlocked and I couldn't stand that. I'm from the PNW; lived there for 50 years. The scenery is beautiful and there are mountains, desert and theh ocean. However, the weather is cold, wet and dreary from Southern Oregon all the way up to Canada. The sky is gray about 80% of the time. I like the sun. I've lived in various places in the world and traveled a great deal. I am considering retirement sometime during this decade, and it will probably be in the Mediterranean area. My thoughts now are on Portugal and Southern France.

I like Portugal also,

If you can afford upscale, I always loved Cascais Portugal. Traffic can be horrendous in the Lisbon area but I always thought that Cascais was far enough away.

Algarve is beautiful, there is just something about the number of expats in the area that throws it off a bit.

Vianna Del Castelo, definately a small town though.
 MaximumPower
Msg: 27
Posted: 4/8/2012 5:37:56 PM
Decatur, Illinois,
Shreveport, Louisiana,
Alamogordo, New Mexico.

Those are the three medium sized cities I would consider. Being from the South, I don't think you would be happy on either coast. Unless it was the Gulf Coast, like Biloxi, Mississippi.

Think road trip. May is the ultimate month for a road trip across the United States because the weather is fair everywhere. The best answer is what you discover thru your own experiences.
 mariacba
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/9/2012 9:37:40 AM
Just curiuos why wouldn't anybody suggest a South American country??
 tuloa942
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/11/2012 9:23:33 PM
I would LOVE to live in Australia for 1/2 the year and the US for half the year. Somewhere along the coast of New South Wales in Australia and anywhere near my kids for the other half. I could have Spring and Summer all year long.
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > WHERE WOULD YOU RELOCATE? suggestions on cities/towns