Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women without hair on their head-      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 laskoboo
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Women without hair on their head-Page 1 of 1    
In the over 45 age range I would see her wearing a wig/ hairpeiece as a non issue... could be a problem if she was in her 20's....... ( people more immature)

being I was bald for a time during cancer treatement, I found it VERY easy to disguise using hair wefts, scarves and wigs. The only problem would maybe be if she lived in a super hot place where everyone sweats all the time as it could get itchy for her to wear glue and nylon mesh ( from the hair peice) on her scalp.

I think this is a non issue or at least very minor one.
If she has a pretty face, she could even go hairless and peole would think its cute.

Not like something in the way of missing breasts or something like that.

with her it could be more she is using the hairlessness as an excuse to not date.... she can wear scarves and wefts of hair with hats... this is pretty easy to disguise, even I was able to do it, so anyone can master this.
 RIPTIDE59
Msg: 5
Women without hair on their head-
Posted: 2/13/2012 10:27:47 AM
OP I know a very attractive woman who has the same issue. She wears a do-rag. Looks pretty HOT. Very hot body. Being bald myself, I've often thought.................oh, yeah, sorry. Point is sometimes we don't even know when chemistry exists. I wonder how permanent the hair piece is? Hmmmmmmm. Oh, BTW. The hot bald friend of mine; a 27 yr old guy just asked her to get married. That should make an impression on you ladies.
 Giggles10000
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/13/2012 10:47:15 AM
I lost my hair to cancer and often when a man replies about my hair I have a sudden tingle of panic so I can completely understand where she is coming from. I don't think I would put it in a profile but I would take a moment to explain before I met someone face to face, if local or in distance tell the person upfront.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2012 10:54:58 AM
I've recently lost a lot of hair for unknown reasons, probably genetic/ menopause related.

I've started wearing wigs and am absolutely loving it. I never had great hair, and I almost wish I had discovered wigs sooner.

My bf also is having a great time with me and the wigs. When this first started happening and before I discovered wigs, he told me that he would love me bald, as well.

So for now this is not a problem for me.

However, I'm wearing different wigs every day, so I'm not making a secret of it. People can't help but notice that you're wearing wigs if you have short dark hair one day and long blonde curls the next.

I'm treating my hair more like an accessory now and match it to the outfit.

If I ever have to start dating again, I will probably be just as open about it in my profile. I guess I'll post a bunch of pictures with different hair and then make some kind of a joke about it.

I fully expect that the man who matters will not mind.
 laskoboo
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2012 11:03:11 AM
I like my wigs too... just the other day I pulled some out and thought I should start wearing them despite my hair growing back... just because they are so easy and nice.

I might just do that.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2012 12:13:03 PM
I'm glad you are all addressing this issue ... I've always had thick hair, more than any 3 people would need but, in the back of my mind, I've wondered if I'd lose it ...

I remember one of my grandmothers who started going bald about the age of 50 or so ... this grandmother showed me her almost bald head and told me when I was maybe 4 or 5 that I would go bald when I got older ... which really scared me!! my mother reassured me that I wouldn't go bald because her mother-in-law was bald due to decades of dyeing her hair!!! hmmmm ...

and ... of course, to date, I haven't lost my hair ... I also never color it to the roots!!! ... but the nagging thought has remained ...

thank you for all the positive statements ... maybe I can stop worrying about this nonsense now that I know others have sailed right on through baldness ... and wigs DO sound fun! what a terrific idea!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/13/2012 1:42:29 PM
I can't say how guys feel, but I don't see how it would be a problem. She should tell the guy and if he doesn't want to see her because of this, that is TRULY shallow.

Wigs work wonders.
 09HopeCopy
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/13/2012 6:21:00 PM
I'm one handed and it does matter. Some people and some dogs (pit bulls) just can't help but have a bad reaction.. My horses don't care. I could cause some quick single dates or ones that end on a slightly sourer note. I'd say that an innuendo to such and making it clear before a planned lengthy date would be advisable.

[I can't do this.. LoL , at the wrist].
 URXO2
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2012 12:21:20 PM
There’s far more important things than hair, but I realize loss of ones hair is stigma in our egoistical society not easily overcome..
Tell your friend to take heart as I can’t tell a wig from real hair, not that it makes any difference we could shave each others heads and be free of wigs and hair..
Think of the time and money she’ll save on hair product, trips to beauty solons, bald is not only beautiful but economical as well....
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2012 2:14:17 PM

There’s far more important things than hair, but I realize loss of ones hair is stigma in our egoistical society not easily overcome.

No truer words were ever spoken. I certainly don't think someone's lack of hair makes them a lesser person but then I have had the experience of being bald and knowing that I had more guts, courage and stamina than many whose head bears a full mane of hair.

Tell your friend to take heart as I can’t tell a wig from real hair, not that it makes any difference we could shave each others heads and be free of wigs and hair..
Think of the time and money she’ll save on hair product, trips to beauty solons, bald is not only beautiful but economical as well....

There is nothing more liberating than being bald. There are no false pretenses, no bad hair days and no selfish vanity to camoflauge just who you are as you present yourself to the world. Being bald and being proud of it speaks volumes as to one's own self-worth.
 Incredilicious
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 10:05:07 PM
This is a different situation for everyone. Depends on what the illness, or reason
is as to why a woman is without hair. Some people can cope better than others.
There is no right or wrong answer to give a person who is trying to enter the
dating scene , and they are worried about how their `` date `` will respond.
When they find out the person they are interested in , has to wear a wig , or
hairpiece or other fashion accessory.
In my past experience, I have seen people`s reaction in their face and attitude
after I had mentioned about my hair loss. Some people could not deal with it
and chose to walk away . People can be ignorant of what they fear or do not know.
And then there are people who know about my hairloss and accept me for me,
and treat me no differently than how they wish to be treated , with respect
and dignity. These are the people that you value as real friends.
If people want you in their lives , you will know .
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women without hair on their head-