Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Military guys !      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Military guys !Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
no one is obligated to share your goals.
 laskoboo
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Military guys !
Posted: 2/14/2012 3:46:03 AM
Jamie your clumping all the guys in the military together says you are the one with the issue. Come on now, you think they are all the same?

why so bitter? because that is what it seems to be to make such an assumption. Maybe take some time off dating until you can see things more clearly.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Military guys !
Posted: 2/14/2012 4:02:05 AM
One of my sons is a military guy (USMC), and living on a base in Virginia. He's young, and working hard in a very stressful and restrictive environment, 24x7. This is why he is as hungry for female affection as he is, and no doubt why you are seeing what you do in your Military town ( looked up Clarksville, and the bases are why you see so many military guys in your particular area).

I suggest that you recognize that the guys you are dealing with are having their emotions and desires distorted by the restrictive military life, and that you have to learn to deal with that, if you want to date them.

They are not a bunch of ravaging beasts, they are human beings under stress. If you can be conscious of their side of thins, and accepting of the fact that they wont be as gracious or hide their desires as carefully as civilians might, you will be able to find the ones that are worth being with.
 quarked
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Military guys !
Posted: 2/14/2012 8:18:08 AM
Well, you live in Clarksville, TN. Of course you're going to see a bunch of military guy profiles. I live in Nashville, and my settings are such that when I search, I see some profiles of military gals. Thank you, Fort Campbell.

OP, you're 20; guys your age often don't want a relationship whether or not they're in the military. Also if you know you're gonna get shipped overseas in a few months or a year, wouldn't that uncertainty wear on your desire for a long-term relationship? Also, looking for: friends? You're not going to get guys looking for a long-term relationship emailing you with that status. You're going to get guys looking for hook-ups. To be fair, you're still going to get guys emailing you for hook-ups whatever your looking for is.
 StraylightRunn
Msg: 14
Military guys !
Posted: 2/14/2012 5:41:25 PM
See why don't people delete these shitty posts? who gives a ****!?
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 16
Military guys !
Posted: 2/14/2012 6:08:35 PM
What does my size have to do with anything dude ?

By the way, I am a ballet dancer and very much in shape.

OP, men who are insecure about their own size will sometimes put down a woman's size to make themselves feel better---and they are often more guilty of misrepresenting their body type than the women they accuse. Don't let snarky comments like that get you down.

On topic---you might want to change your relationship goal to "long-term" instead of "friends". Some guys do interpret the meaning of "friends" as just looking for a fwb, or casual sex.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 17
Military guys !
Posted: 2/14/2012 6:10:41 PM
Then leave them alone.

Men and women in the military have enough problems--your "odd hatred" of them is odd and I am quite sure that they are not only unaware of your hatred, but if they knew, they wouldn't care.

I simply don't understand the purpose of a thread like this. If it is to attract military men, it isn't going to work.
 lobo65
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Military guys !
Posted: 2/14/2012 6:43:19 PM
When I was in the military a lot of the women did not want to date us due to those guys who were players. That and the fact that we moved around a lot. I was stationed in three different cities on two different aircraft carriers in 4 years.

Yes there are players in the military, but there are actually good guys who want to meet the right woman too. I was one of them. Never met her, but my buddy found a good one, and they've been married over 20 years.
 lilmisssunshine547
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Military guys !
Posted: 2/14/2012 9:41:27 PM

I'm hoping that there are some good ones out there .

There will be good ones and bad ones with people in general military, civillian, men and women. You can come on here any day and find a thread(if it isn't delated) wondering why "I never heard from him again after we slept together" or "Why doesn't she wanna see me again".

Bt I have to say I have always had a HUGE soft spot for men in the military.
 lilmisssunshine547
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Military guys !
Posted: 2/14/2012 9:48:46 PM

I'm hoping that there are some good ones out there .

Amen to that sister. I thought it be fun to move near a Marine base for that reason alone.
 lobo65
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Military guys !
Posted: 2/15/2012 11:44:55 AM
Cool. I visited Ukraine last year. Went to Kiev and Khmelnitsky. The women were beautiful.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 29
Military guys !
Posted: 2/15/2012 1:41:45 PM

I guess I thought I would get replies from other women who have dealt with them . All I got was some overly sensitive men aka ****es who decided to jump down my throat

Why are you surprised that people were upset with what you wrote? You generalized an entire segment of society based on YOUR experience, and it was not a good generalization.

And not all of what you "got" was from overly sensitive men.

rigal
so now he'll bash all black women.

An apt analogy.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 30
Military guys !
Posted: 2/15/2012 3:01:45 PM
@ domo:

Very true. I enjoy military men because they look good in my opinion and they know how to drink and have fun :

odd, domo.. I could almost swear that you posted before complaining about a military guy that used to abuse you & beat you up? maybe you secretly liked thatt?
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 31
Military guys !
Posted: 2/15/2012 3:03:24 PM

meh, be glad they are even looking;
having been overseas they know the world is a big stage, and American corner of it is only four time zones, of the nothern hemisphere of that.
Having been deployed nearly a dozen times in 15 years - I prefer abroad. I never should have retired domestically.
13 days and counting ..... Hello Ukraine

Once again?? before the big 'threat' was you'd be gone by Sept. 1, 2011 (posted before)
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Military guys !
Posted: 2/15/2012 4:01:37 PM

For the record, I really do appreciate the people who serve our country ! I don't hate any of them, I was just a little upset when I posted this .

then an apology is in order, isn't it?
 dorothy0159
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Military guys !
Posted: 2/15/2012 5:35:08 PM
lol you got that right
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 34
Military guys !
Posted: 2/15/2012 5:51:42 PM

Once again?? before the big 'threat' was you'd be gone by Sept. 1, 2011 (posted before)

Isn't it funny how some posters bring every thread around to their dissatisfaction with the USA (and American women) and their impending departure? Like any of us care.

For the record, I really do appreciate the people who serve our country ! I don't hate any of them, I was just a little upset when I posted this .

Just as you were upset with the Caucasian men who wouldn't date you? OP, before you start the next thread, maybe you should sleep on it first and take a few deep breaths.
 mrmisterme
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Military guys !
Posted: 2/15/2012 6:23:10 PM

Grow up and think about what you write before you do it, you can't take it back. Maybe the guy couldn't stand you either and there goes the bad experience..so now he'll bash all black women.

Maybe he'll bash college students.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 38
Military guys !
Posted: 2/15/2012 7:55:24 PM

I think it's funny how the people who are bashing me

You don't think it is funny--you are mad as heck!

If you don't like what I say get the **** off my thread,

Um, you can't kick us off "your" thread.. You have the right to say that you hate military men, but we have the right to protest it.

or post youre own about how youre queer

Wow! And you hate gays, too! That is a quite homophobic statement.

For all of those that I pissed off, go cry me a river and quit ****ing... For real .

I thought you said earlier you were finished commenting to posters--you even told another poster to cry a river. Why don't you cry a river and stop complaining about all the types of men who won't date you?

I have the feeling that the days of this thread are numbered.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 40
Military guys !
Posted: 2/16/2012 1:48:54 PM

Gwendolyn2010

And everyone else, I'm done posting because its seems like the ones who keep commenting are people who have no real lives other than reading threads from a 20 year old . Maybe you should take a break from reading all of my posts and go out and get a life outside of a computer .

The coup de gras if the immature person--telling someone else to stop doing something when the immature person is doing the same thing.

I make over 75% of my income online, and I love the flexibility. It means that I can complete a task, check in on POF forums, then go to the next task. What is YOUR "excuse" for being online and posting?

And I don't believe for a minute that you will not continue to monitor this forum: your ego will not allow that.

You are 20 and in the opinion of some, beautiful, eh? Why are YOU on a dating site at all? When I was 20, I was too busy getting married and going to school to have even thought of being online IF we had such a thing back in the Neolithic.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 42
Military guys !
Posted: 2/16/2012 4:53:15 PM

Why is the military so sacrosanct that everyones up in arms over a perfectly reasonable comment based on the ops experience?

I would have (and have done so) made a remark about any generalization of a segment of the population.

Do you suggest that we do not support men AND women in the military?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Military guys !