Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you date (get in a relationship with) yourself?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 laskoboo
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Would you date (get in a relationship with) yourself? Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I have been in a relationship with myself for a lifetime

... and I have no mental illness, I can trust myself and know who I am and what my limits are.

so hell yeah, been in a relationship with myself for half a century already and could do another half a century with myself !
yes I would date myself I would even marry myself...

I do not mean to sound stuck up or anything but the demise of my previous relationships was due to them not being good enough for me and why they ended. I can keep my word and be straight, some can't or have ideals that are not realistic... and
there is a lot of immaturity in people, no matter what age.

I finally found someone up to my standards who was avaialble to get to know me.
so with all relationship demise, comes new opportunity.
 Vannili
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Would you date (get in a relationship with) yourself?
Posted: 2/15/2012 3:59:27 PM
No person in this world would admit that they don't like their self, even they are users,abusers,selfish, or insensitive to the feelings of others,. their goal in life is to fulfill their needs and if that is not met it is the fault of the other person. We always think that we are number one and the best in this world,what ever our choicest (effective or noneffective) on how we interact with others...
Peace loving and kind people are comfortable with theirself and with others, so these kind of people are successful in relationships.....
I can not answer you if I want to date myself, mostly I eat in reataurant or go to movies by myself but I don't considered that dating myself........ I just felt like eating that certain food or want to see that certain show by myself...
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/15/2012 5:06:36 PM
I would marry myself...take myself on a great honeymoon & buy myself diamonds & flowers...oops I already did all of that....
GUESS WHAT ? I HAVE BEEN DATING MYSELF & IT ROCKS! But sometimes I cheat on me
 Jerilyn
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/15/2012 5:17:46 PM
I can spend time alone with myself and be comfortable and happy and at peace. But I wouldn't date myself... I turn men old before their time... some go crazy...

""No person in this world would admit that they don't like their self, even they are users,abusers,selfish, or insensitive to the feelings of others,. their goal in life is to fulfill their needs and if that is not met it is the fault of the other person.""

Well said.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/15/2012 5:19:47 PM
Yes.

I have taken a lifetime to get to where I am today.

I have often wished I could I could find a person just like myself,
as I have some very strong core values that I would admire in someone else.
 NomadLexi
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2012 5:21:44 PM
hmmmm lets see....
The person I was in my twenties, HELL NO!
The woman I am now? hell yes! I am sooooo loving me and the person I've grown to be.
 luv2lol
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2012 5:39:30 PM
Hell ya...for once I would find someone honest, trustworthy, smart, generous, driven, supportive, fun and funny as all heck. FINALLY my equal!! Me in a boy package - where are you?
 laskoboo
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2012 6:07:03 PM
If I would date myself I'd have to call myself by my middle name to not get confused on who was who...
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/15/2012 6:23:58 PM
Only if I could be cloned with some really nice boobs.
Otherwise....why bother?
 DrummingNut
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/15/2012 6:39:57 PM
Would I date myself? Another one of me?
Nah.
First off, I'm not a lesbian.
Secondly, there's not enough room in my vehicle for 2 wheel chairs.

Get in a relationship with myself?
I already am.
I am who I live with. I'm okay with me. Thank goodness!
 Sasyecats
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/15/2012 6:51:46 PM
Would I get in a long term with myself? I know I'll never cheat, so that's a major plus. I like my cooking, though I do complain about it if it doesn't turn out at times. I'm not a morning person so I'm not likely to talk my own ear off in the morning. I just happen to have the same hobbies. I don't like to cuddle while I sleep, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem, and if I snore well, I'll never know.

I think I'm a keeper.

TD625
Msg: 27
Posted: 2/15/2012 7:35:15 PM
Hell no!! I'm crazy!!! hahahah
 qualityl
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/15/2012 7:42:32 PM
Yes, I would be in a relationship with myself! I think you need to love yourself before you can ever love anyone else. So it is awesome to be in a relationship with yourself!
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/15/2012 10:26:59 PM
Date? – yes.

Long-term? –  it would have to be an open relationship.
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/16/2012 5:33:48 AM
i got 2 words.....HELL YEAH!!!
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2012 8:57:44 AM
Absolutely! Many times I take myself out to dinner, get myself drunk, then I take myself home and have my way with myself...... of course its always annoying how I ask myself for sex on the first date :o
 c_deacon
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2012 9:08:05 AM
I worked very hard to learn to like myself, and I am happy with the results now, even if an ongoing thing.

Now, if treating others the way you want to be treated, is a prerequisite for wanting to date and/or be in a relationship someone like yourself......I say, go for it.....it is what I enjoy having in my life.

cd..........
 charlie_girl_2
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/16/2012 9:11:00 AM
A relationship with myself? Nope! Wrong sex!

Seriously, if I met someone like me, we'd probably talk all night first night and do it all night the next.
 0ldhag
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/16/2012 10:02:28 AM
Yes, I can honestly say I would date myself.

I know i'm not perfect, but I truely believe I have a good heart.

I think that's the key to having a good relationsihp, "belive in yourself first."

If you believe your special, then someone else will too
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/16/2012 10:14:30 AM
I date myself all the time.

I even have conversations.

I just went on a date with myself last night. One of those Downtown Third Wednesdays community nights out. I had a good time exploring the area. Saw some nice art and explored a historic old hotel and church.

Last week I went to an artwalk and a concert.

Staring at four walls or a computer screen all the time gets old.

daynadaze
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2012 10:18:14 AM
Sure, I like myself just fine and I would know when to leave myself alone.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/16/2012 12:26:07 PM
Probably, as I already have sex with myself (hand) and should likely take it to the next level, a serious emotional realtionship.. ??
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2012 1:06:11 PM
After much thought, I am breaking up with myself. My general lack of commitment to myself, and failure to take it to the next level is unacceptable. Also, I found myself on the internet and dating women, I feel humiliated. Effective immediately I am putting myself in the friend zone, to be followed by the slow fade and finally ignore......god I'm going to miss the sex
 goodkindacrazy
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2012 4:36:23 PM
While I have core values in myself that I would want in a partner, like kindness and consideration, basic honesty, intelligence and a great sense of humor, I would not want to date a male version of me. I would want someone that compliments me, is the yin to my yang. Someone that was organized to my disorganization, someone that would spoil me because I won't spoil myself, someone who can give in gracefully when they are wrong (and sometimes when they are right, lol,) someone that will take charge in the bedroom because I lean to the submissive side.
 FreschFisch
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/16/2012 4:53:50 PM
I recognize my part in all past relationships. Signs of those times..

Im not perfect but Im better than average in most respects. I am all I can be. Where I am not or could do better I strive to improve. Ive also learned to be more receptive to criticism and response.

What more could anyone ask for?

Sure.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you date (get in a relationship with) yourself?