Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do women keep insisting that it's harder for them to get a date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DamnPizza
Msg: 1
Why do women keep insisting that it's harder for them to get a date?Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Everyday there is a new post about a woman complaining about how hard it is to get attention. They say men are too picky. Men don't like fat or tall women. Men never reply to my emails. Men never call me back on the phone. Men never show up for dates, and on and on...

Where do you live where there are no men available?

Do you ever insist on going dutch on dates ahead of time?
 Paradoxx
Msg: 2
Why do women keep insisting that it's harder for them to get a date?
Posted: 7/25/2005 10:53:45 AM
Banana was the smartest one in his bunch...good post
 CountIbli
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/25/2005 11:53:44 AM
It's because women won't date guys who are interested in sex.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/25/2005 12:43:01 PM
In real life, I have been asked out once in the last 2 or 3 years. I have had maybe 3 actual dates through online dating in the same time frame. For the most part, the men I have met via online venues are not looking to "date", they are merely looking to get laid.

My profile is not "sexy", my pics are clean and I do not ever get "sexual" in chat or email. I still get guys assuming that I am willing to screw anything in pants. I would definitely say it is very difficult to get a date.
 LaurenBee
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/25/2005 3:51:17 PM
if a chick is ugly...it's gonna be hard for her to get a date.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/25/2005 5:40:01 PM
Nice to know Crayola and I are ugly.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/25/2005 8:04:38 PM
Oddly, I am getting pretty cranky!!

I will join you for that drink!!

(we need a martini glass icon !)
 who_the_fox
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/25/2005 9:58:53 PM
I think that a lot of the guys doing online dating are only contacting women who have provocative pics and who are willing to "flirt" in a.... um....sexually titilating manner. Makes them think it will be a lot less work to "score".
 learningtofly
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/25/2005 10:08:59 PM
I find men are not willing to put the time in. They want instant gratification. I could pick up a man everytime I step out of the house, at the bar, mall, donut shop, beer gardens, sometimes the grocery store even, however, I want someone to get to know me and decide I am something valuable and worthwhile. The sex is the easy part, relating person to person and putting the time in is the difficult part. I am hopeful and still trying. As for the ugly comments circulating, I love the character in a person, once I get into their personality and I enjoy them, every little differences\ about them is a turn on. I wonder if any men out there think like myself?....
 who_the_fox
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/25/2005 10:11:23 PM
Yup...it is all about the "zipless fvck".....for those of us to remember The Fear of Flying....
 learningtofly
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/25/2005 10:16:35 PM
Good point being made. BUT sometimes all you have to do is show up, looking female and unattached and the sexual advances start pouring in from males, they act like they are doing you a favour by offering to service you. I can service myself quite well thank you and I will pick the product I want....
 who_the_fox
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/25/2005 10:18:38 PM
@ gtxblueyes
They may be in the too young age group.

Who is in that age group? Us or the men we are looking for or the men looking at us? Clarify please.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/25/2005 10:51:33 PM
Wow....you actually think men send women email because they like her PERSONALITY? Puh-lease!
 who_the_fox
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/25/2005 11:09:43 PM
It seems that most guys doing the online dating thing are looking for just that. Maybe Ms Right if they stumble across her, but generally...no. It is maybe 1 out of 100 emails where someone will have anything in common with me.....generally they just made comments about my body. This with no booty or boob shots either. When I tried initiating contact, I looked for guys I had something in common with and who lived near me....and who were about my age, too. Sure, I looked at the pic, but if his profile sucked, I didn't write.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/26/2005 12:10:10 AM
Good point. A really long email, or one including poetry, sets off my stalker alarm.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/26/2005 1:51:16 AM
I think that internet dating is very workable for people under 30. Both my daughters have used it in the past and my youngest is still dating the guy she met.

Unfortunately, it seems that the older men online tend to be a lot more close minded and this venue has turned into a large meet market mostly about hooking up for casual sex. I get the feeling that women here are viewed as desperate and willing and men treat them as such.
 Paradoxx
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/26/2005 3:29:26 AM
I think women have it SOOOOO much easier on here.

I get my fair share of interest...I don't have provocative pictures up either. I'm dating someone I met online, and I've made a couple of great friends along the way.
 AaylaSecura
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/26/2005 9:17:33 AM
maybe because it IS harder ?
 who_the_fox
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/26/2005 10:05:37 AM
Perhaps SOME women have it easier and their "dance cards" are full, but there are a lot of us who don't get any real interest and who meet maybe 1 person every couple of months, or even less often. I think it depends a lot on location and of course, as someone pointed out in a different thread, it is harder for us ugly women to get dates.
 Paradoxx
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/26/2005 10:14:12 AM
Whoa...who the fox...I think maybe you're so pretty and smart you make em nervous?

I'm fat and stuff...girl next door maybe....on a good day...I don't know why that is!
 who_the_fox
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/26/2005 10:20:32 AM
paradox is so pretty....no doubt why the guys are lining up
 Paradoxx
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/26/2005 10:36:56 AM
Who_The_Fox, I don't see it!

I dont mean to stray OT, but it must be location or something...You're beautiful, smart and funny.
 spidey8675309
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/26/2005 10:38:15 AM
Well I don't think Crayola is ugly in fact I like the way she looks..
 who_the_fox
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/26/2005 10:57:06 AM
Just a minute here....so if a guy who doesn't appeal to me at all either physcially or mentally sends me an email and wants to meet me, I have to say yes? It doesn't happen all that often, but I reserve the right to meet who I choose, thank you.

A first meet is NOT a date. It is a meeting, nothing more. Hell, 50% of the time, the guy doesn't even show up! I count it as a date if someone I have already met in person wants to go do something....
 who_the_fox
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/26/2005 11:29:48 AM
I am just tired of people assuming that because I am single and dateless that it is because there is something wrong with me or that I am too picky. No one ever stops to consider that maybe I am dateless and single because guys aren't interested.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do women keep insisting that it's harder for them to get a date?