Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > is she playing games with me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Yankee again
Msg: 5
is she playing games with me?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Message 2 nailed it. You needed a break.. so she took one too....
 Pinky127
Msg: 6
is she playing games with me?
Posted: 2/20/2012 3:30:00 AM

Now I found out last Friday that her ex contacted her after finding out she was single and helped her move some new furniture in, and even asked her if she would take him back.

So,Op,how did her ex even find out that she was single again,if you'd only split up for A WEEK?
Did she phone him?

now has told me that if I want her I will fight for her, she told me that that is what this guy is willing to do for her.

^^^^ What is this....................."pistols at dawn"

I dont even know why you'd want to get back with her coz she sounds like she's one of these who likes playing 'games'
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/20/2012 3:30:14 AM
I don't think she's playing games at all - she's told you straight where you stand.

Within the matter of one week you decided she wasn't for you then once you had throw her to the curb, you changed your mind. So you show rash behavior towards her and expect her to be trusting towards your intentions ?

Bottom line is your bummed that she didn't sit around moping and in the time you were dragging your heels, options opened up to her. Those are the dice you rolled.

If you want this lady back, you are seriously going to have to up your game because now you have a history of being flaky. Actions have consequences.

Just curious - what did you do in the week you were apart ? Did you sit home doing crossword puzzles ? Yeah - thought not. You got on with your life - as did she.
 BeeRad82
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/20/2012 3:33:42 AM
What could you have possibly figured out in a week?
 Archangel_07
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/20/2012 3:45:32 AM
Msg 2. Did nail it indeed. You dumped her before, now you're slowly getting her back. She wants to know are you going be serious with her or you just going to cut and run.
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 11
is you playing games with her?
Posted: 2/20/2012 4:46:06 AM
Gotta love it, some guy who thinks he can drop a gal just like that and pick her up again entirely at his convenience, when he's ready to play and be played with, but SHE is playing games. She's like a jock strap to you?? I don't think so. She *started* to figure something out on your lil' hiatus, although I don't think she's quite 100% cognizant of the situation.... yet. When and if she really gets what's going on here, she'll go with the old boyfriend.
 laskoboo
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2012 6:05:55 AM

So is she just trying to create a****fight so she can have one of us make the decision for her or is she trying to get me to show her how much I love her?

your kidding , right?

hey, you broke up, she met up with someone from her past... its over between you and her, take a clue and move on before you make a fool out of yourself.
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/20/2012 6:11:21 AM
I disagree with some of the other posters in that i dont think this relationship is going anywhere..whether u fight for her or not..
she sounds needy and insecure..tell her you're a lover not a fighter...and IF she wants YOU..she is going to have to SHOW you.
Sounds like you were doing all the work in the relationship..and it was a bit one-sided..
 flaneur001
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2012 6:38:41 AM
Well I'm confused. All this drama happened a few weeks ago.

You've been on this site since November looking for someone to have fun with?---while you were with your girlfriend? You're questioning HER behaviour? Really!
 0ldhag
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/20/2012 9:25:40 AM
Question:
" if I want her I will fight for her" ????

Answer:
NO, she wants to "create a****fight "
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/21/2012 5:44:56 PM
OP - I am curious....

what did you do during that week off ?

did you date/pursue any other women ?

did you have sex with anyone else ?

contact an ex of yours ?
 DameWrite
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2012 6:20:48 PM
I with 9,11,14 and 17 on this one.
What came to you in just 1 week that "being smothered" was all of a sudden O.K? Was she smothering you? Or did you over react? It seems you think you over reacted, since you wanted to come back. So now you have a new scenario to deal with. Are you up for it? I wouldn't be. I'd be P.O'd that my guy would play such a game with me, and to use another person, that's b.s.
Are you sure you even want her back and aren't just jealous? I'd be a bit leery if my guy went back to his ex so soon after I asked for a break, no matter if I was right or wrong in my thinking that I was being smothered. This smells of "anyone will do" if I can't have you the way I want, which is a control tactic, to get her way.
I'd stick to my guns, ignore whatever she does and find someone more compatible.
 xlmagboy
Msg: 27
Posted: 2/22/2012 11:32:55 AM
She is playing games with you.
 mrsforums
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2012 12:04:31 PM
Funny. I don't think you realized you wanted her back because you "thought" about it.

YOU realized someone else wanted her, and THAT is what made you jump.

Now she's in the position of either choosing between two exes (who will each have to step up their game to win her attention)...or moving on from both of you, entirely.

Sucks to be you.

MrsF
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > is she playing games with me?