Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Why do guys not send messages or reply to messages?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 twistir123
Msg: 2
Why do guys not send messages or reply to messages?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I have to agree I have sent out many and have been trying to be interesting or ask things about profile/funny comments nothing. Sent out 50 and maybe 2 or 3 replies lol. I'm almost to the point maybe im just ugly lol
 Fred Astaire24
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Why do guys not send messages or reply to messages?
Posted: 3/4/2012 6:07:15 AM
My personal feeling is that I will not reply to someone who does not have a photo available. It makes me wonder if they are hiding something (like a husband or boyfriend) or maybe they are not who they say they are. Adding a photo makes it easier to know who you are communicating with. I think you can also set up your profile so that your photo is hidden but is sent to people you message.

I get replies from about half of the messages I send.
 delightful_m
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/17/2012 8:16:56 AM
Just my 2 cents.......do we check our email/message settings for errors??
 eastwest3121
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/27/2012 8:03:04 PM
yeah you guys are lucky you arnt living in quebec,these women are more stuck up then a 12 year old girls poster,id have to guess they are all talking to the same guys,im thinking the best why to do this is to lie about everything,then they will talk to me lol
 onehappyfellow
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2012 3:37:43 AM
I would never not acknowledge an email even if it's from another guy. Yes I am looking for a lady for a LTR but guys can be friends and search together.

Just yesterday I asked a buddy friend of mine if he would like to go on a a"hunting' trip with me. a trip where there could possibly be age appropriate ladies.

But I have no interest in acquiring email pals, I want to have and to hold.
 happygal_28
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2012 10:59:55 PM
@onehappyfellow - YOU, my sir, are adorable and every man young or otherwise should take several moments to learn from you. On FB, I would "like" this post because you are witty and you smile!

I found my fishy here 6 years ago and we celebrate 3 married years together this week! I say "hello" to keep the optimistic fun available on this site (this site only). Want to find a sincere lady, fellows? First, make sure it's what you really want. Next, just be yourself!!! THE right girl is here for you!
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/27/2012 11:25:29 AM
I have a theory that only a small percentage of your actual messages actually reach the user.

Kind of like "chaos theory"
 SpicyExcel
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2012 1:39:20 PM
I've been on this/these sites' (mingles2) for about a week now. I've receive a few messages in reply to my introdcution, but many go with out responses. I'm starting to think there many different facts' such as outside of online help still apply. People are judgemental of a photo, but not posting a recent photo of yourself is just as bad a lying about who you are.

Many of us are here searching for that right person (not perfect) to share life with, but it goes without saying that women are the one's who need to realize that not all men on here are the same stereotype that they complain about. Another thing is I responded to one woman who said she like joking around (basiclly) so after she responded I tried to joke about her likes and dislikes. While I tell you she did't mean what she said in her profolio. Another example is once I shared a few chats' and she found out I was not interest in her, but want to create a basic friendship she basically flipped. Even if the person you responed to isn't interested in you; you may run into them on the street and it be great if you could have a brief conversation.

People need to understand this is difficult introducing one's self to some one unknown and life is about taking chances to communicate to find that person of interest. I am not saying taking chances outside of this website is the wises thing to do, but we need to make first contact somehow. I've answer every email I've received even if I knew I was not attacted to her, I wanted them to know I acknowledge them as a person and individual that is searching for someone to share life with.
 IamTSG
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2012 9:58:18 AM

About it man...I am in the same boat. Ive sent at least 100 polite and kind emails commenting on a nice picture or something about their profile, and have received only a few replies. I recently asked a girl i was chatting with about this and she put it perfectly. She said that most women on here are using a giant net and scooping up as many fish or emails as possible..loving all the attention they get and only reply back to the cutest or hottest pictures they see. I have created a profile using a fake hot model type picture and complete woman hating, trashing them so bad profile and within 2 days my in box was full. Point proven they only reply back to hot guys and the rest they unread delete if they dont think your hot. There are lots of sincere wonderful women on POF, I know it, but they hide behind their computer screen and live a fantasy thinking Mr. Right will just appear on the screen and live happily ever after.

I have to +1 this because it's how I see it as well.
 AlphaMaleDog
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/5/2013 9:48:34 AM
If am not interested I don't reply back, I would rather not give an ounce of potential false hope.

Plus I've seen often spend a lot of time myself write a very decent, nice introduction/hello to someone and not have a reply back either. And back in the day when you were still able to see whether or not they even read it... nothing would tick me off more than to write a nice and decent non sexually related hello and have to broad delete without reading.

Now I look at it as exactly like fishing... I cast the line out whether there is a bite on it or not. I reel in and make another cast. I couldn't care less anymore to see whether or not or when they read it.

Also if you take the time to write up a detailed profile... don't you feel a little cheated when you get a message with the simple words of.... "hi how are you tonight".

I find too often that that kind of message is giving me the impression of someone who just wants to chat because they are lonely that night.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Why do guys not send messages or reply to messages?