Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Looking for good psychic in Toronto area      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 manuka-a
Msg: 1
Looking for good psychic in Toronto areaPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Hello
I know many people do not believe in the power of psychic phenomena. I do believe in the ability some people have for contacting the dead, and seeing into the future. This is a special gift from God that should not be abused. There are many fakes who put up a shingle on a busy street, and they gaze into a crystal ball. Most of the time these fakes are good at judging the person, and tell them negative things to get more money. I went to a fabulous psychic who has since retired, and now would like to find a psychic in the Toronto area. If anyone can suggest one who is legitimate, I would greatly appreciate it.
El
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 2
Looking for good psychic in Toronto area
Posted: 2/25/2012 6:20:16 AM
If anyone can suggest one who is legitimate, I would greatly appreciate it.

There is only one way to make sure they are 100% legitimate.

Wait for them to contact you, because if they are that good they will know you are looking for them.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/25/2012 6:29:27 AM
I have a friend in Woodstock who says she is a psychic and is serious about it. However, she recently told me that she "sees" me often dancing around my house in leggings. This has never happened. In the last house I lived in, I had a quiet, good-looking ghost living with me.

By the way, psychics are TOTALLY against the Jewish and Christian religions. If you are a member of one of these religions, I suggest that you read the Hebrew Scriptures' sections on diviners and the Witch of Endor.
 lacalli
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/25/2012 7:04:13 AM
An hour south of Buffalo is a place called Lily Dale that is a town of just mediums. You will find many good ones there. In order to live there they must be tested by the board that runs the town so there are at least no fakes.
If people start trashing you for this post and get off-topic go to the list of forums and at the bottom under POF site/suggestions you can report people under the violations section. Here's the link to report people: http://forums.plentyoffish.com/12578637datingPostpage19.aspx
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/25/2012 7:35:57 AM

An hour south of Buffalo is a place called Lily Dale that is a town of just mediums. You will find many good ones there. In order to live there they must be tested by the board that runs the town so there are at least no fakes.

So how do they decide that your are not a fake?

Do they use any standard testing procedures or is it just if they think you are good enough to fool most people?

If there was one real psychic out there, they would be a millionaire, but until someone takes Randi's challenge I will continue to believe they are all fakes.

In Canada Section 365 of the criminal code states it's against the law for anyone to "fraudulently pretend to exercise or to use any kind of witchcraft, sorcery, enchantment or conjuration, or undertake, for a consideration, to tell fortunes, or pretend from their skill in or knowledge of an occult or crafty science to discover where or in what manner anything is supposed to have been stolen or lost.

The only way they can get around this is to claim it is for entertainment purposes only, which really defeats the whole purpose if what they are saying is true.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/25/2012 7:41:54 AM
One of my clients does this.

I did barter with her, and was amazed at her services.

I am 45 min north of Toronto.

If you are interested, then send me an email.
 rec_diver
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/25/2012 10:00:00 AM
"good psychic" is an oxymoron.

There has never been one controlled study that conclusively proves that psychics have any sort of powers.

All they do is put on a good show and derive their information through cold or warm reading which is nothing special, anyone can do it with practice.

In fact, I can talk to the dead!

Anyone can. Getting them to answer.. now that's the tricky part.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/25/2012 10:18:39 AM

fraudulently pretend

Is this an escape clause for those who really think that they are psychic?

I read the cards, but there is no such thing as a psychic.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/25/2012 1:13:07 PM
I have several decks, but the one that I use most is the Tarot of the Old Path.

Playing cards are "descended" from tarot decks, but all of the major arcana--except for the Joker/Fool--have been omitted. The four suites are aligned with the suites in tarot and represent the four elements; the royalty cards remain, but the page has been "turned" into the jack.

I can read with a regular deck and could play poker with a deck of tarot, but it doesn't come easily!
 lacalli
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/25/2012 3:29:44 PM

Playing cards are "descended" from tarot decks, but all of the major arcana--except for the Joker/Fool--have been omitted.

No they're not. Playing cards were invented in China around the 9th century. Tarot cards were from Europe-Italy/France in the 15th century. They were used for a card game and not originally for divination. In fact there is no documented use of them for divination until the 1700's.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/25/2012 6:18:08 PM
Playing cards might have been invented in China (though the claim is disputed--some say India), but they did were not the traditional ones used today. Although Wikipedia is not the most reliable sources, this backs up what I have read elsewhere: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playing_card

Another source: http://library.thinkquest.org/04oct/00804/history-playing-cards.htm

On Tarot cards: http://library.thinkquest.org/04oct/00804/tarot-cards-frameset.htm

More info: http://www.badhonhara.com/Article_Body.php?Article_ID=222&Sub_Sub_Category_ID=

Although playing cards have existed since the Tang Dynasty (China, 9th Century), the cards that we know actually descended from Tarot cards. The first documentation regarding these cards, occurs as a ban on them in Bern, Switzerland, dating from 1367. The suits correspond to Tarot Cards as follows: Spades = Swords; Hearts = Cups; Clubs = Rods (Staves); and Diamonds = Pentacles.
http://www.efacts.com/questions/1309/when-were-playing-cards-invented-who-invented-them
 Jennywillwin
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 7:29:06 PM
The original poster typed this:

quote-I know many people do not believe in the power of psychic phenomena. I do believe in the ability some people have for contacting the dead, and seeing into the future. This is a special gift from God that should not be abused-end of quote
(sorry i don't know how to use the quotes provided from POF)

Being a Christian I had to reply , seeing into the future ,etc. is NOT a gift from God.

Question: "What is the Christian view of psychics?"

Answer: The Bible strongly condemns spiritism, mediums, the occult, and psychics (Leviticus 20:27; Deuteronomy 18:10-13). Horoscopes, tarot cards, astrology, fortune tellers, palm readings, and séances fall into this category as well. These practices are based on the concept that there are gods, spirits, or deceased loved ones that can give advice and guidance. These “gods” or “spirits” are demons (2 Corinthians 11:14-15). The Bible gives us no reason to believe that deceased loved ones can contact us. If they were believers, they are in heaven enjoying the most wonderful place imaginable in fellowship with a loving God. If they were not believers, they are in hell, suffering the un-ending torment for rejecting God’s love and rebelling against Him.

So, if our loved ones cannot contact us, how do mediums, spiritists, and psychics get such accurate information? There have been many exposures of psychics as frauds. It has been proven that psychics can gain immense amounts of information on someone through ordinary means. Sometimes by just using a telephone number through caller ID and an internet search, a psychic can get names, addresses, dates of birth, dates of marriage, family members, etc. However, it is undeniable that psychics sometimes know things that should be impossible for them to know. Where do they get this information? The answer is from Satan and his demons. “And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve” (2 Corinthians 11:14-15). Acts 16:16-18 describes a fortune teller who was able to predict the future until the apostle Paul rebuked a demon out of her.

Satan pretends to be kind and helpful. He tries to appear as something good. Satan and his demons will give a psychic information about a person in order to get that person hooked into spiritism, something that God forbids. It appears innocent at first, but soon people can find themselves addicted to psychics and unwittingly allow Satan to control and destroy their lives. Peter proclaimed, “Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8). In some cases, the psychics themselves are deceived, not knowing the true source of the information they receive. Whatever the case and wherever the source of the information, nothing connected to spiritism, witchcraft, or astrology is a godly means of discovering information. How does God want us to discern His will for our life? God’s plan is simple, yet powerful and effective: study the Bible (2 Timothy 3:16-17) and pray for wisdom
 lacalli
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/26/2012 8:02:19 PM
^^^Or that Satan and his demons know things that are impossible to know. I think if one buys into all that stuff then only God would know things that are impossible to know. I dated Satan (or his evil twin.) He wasn't all that bright.
 Jennywillwin
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 8:18:20 PM
I knew I would get mocked for what I posted. Frankly I could care less. I will use my voice even when it is unwanted.

Does anyone understand what the word respect means? I would have to say few understand or implement it ,especially in the forums.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/26/2012 8:28:31 PM

Does anyone understand what the word respect means?

You should change your user name to irony queen.

You come into a forum about psychics. Now, frankly, I think it's all just flaky and have no time for it. But I didn't come in and say that, because that would be disrespectful to those interested in the subject. Just like I don't go posting on threads about NFL teams.

But you come in talking about Satan and crap. So you actually believe in it. I mean, if it's all just nonsense, then Satan doesn't enter the picture does he? So I guess it was Satan then who had Moses telling the future from Pharaoh's dreams, right? Puts a whole new spin on Exodus then - and Leviticus for that matter.

If you believe in it, and you're a Christian, then you have to acknowledge that it is divinely given. There are examples in the Bible and in Christian history where that is exactly the spin.

You don't have to be interested in whether the Patriots will win the next SuperBowl, and don't have to post in those threads. You don't have to be interested in psychics. But don't disrespect those who are, then whine about lack of respect.
 Jennywillwin
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 8:46:51 PM
^^^^ No offense but we call people with your thinking "New- Agers" and I avoid any New Age beliefs. To each their own, we still have the freedom (for the most part) to believe and practice our beliefs in this country of ours .
 Jennywillwin
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 8:55:45 PM
^^^^
You have your opinion and I have mine. Why do you think there are so many religions? You know know my opinion and my belief, enough said.
 Jennywillwin
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 9:02:37 PM
Say what you what halftime Dad. I have seen enough of your posts and I will keep silent as to what I think of them. Now because I AM a Christian, I will not tell you what your user name should be although there are a few that come to mind,lol

You are too naive to understand what the difference can be. You see in Christianity there is the Holy Spirit and God and Jesus, I never said that there is NO communication. When the internet you can look up questions or open the bible for answers. I do not have the time or inclination to get into any further.
 BalderDog2
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/26/2012 9:25:44 PM
A perfectly good thread about psychics gets corrupted by nonsense. Just not a big surprise anymore.
 Uonlyliveonce5
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/26/2012 9:40:38 PM
You have to be careful with psychics. I will share a story with you OP that will explain my point

A friend of my Ex's went to see a psychic that a few people had raved about. This girl had been living with her bf for 1.5 years and they seemd happy. People thought they were headed for marriage. The psychic basically said that she wasn't with the right guy and the relationship will end and within a year she will meet Mr.Right and his name will start with an M. So this girl breaks up with her bf and decides that she doens't like some of his characteristics. its now been a little over a year and no sign of Mr.Right.

So you see, the girl hears that the relationship isn't right and believes that the psychic is guiding her and it becomes a self fufilling prophecy
 Molly Maude
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 10:14:09 PM
responding to the original poster Manuka-A's query ... I'll suspend my disbelief and go on the assumption that there ARE people who have an ability for contacting the dead and seeing into the future ... and I'll agree with you that, if there are people who DO have these abilities, these abilities would, indeed, be gifts from God ... and I'll also agree that all gifts should not be abused or disrespected ...

ok ... assuming all that! big leap here!

what sorts of things would you ask such a psychic in Toronto? is it that you have something left to say to a loved one who is no longer living on this planet? or do you want to know the future?

I've given this some thought (admittedly very LITTLE thought) ... but ... I believe I wouldn't WANT to be told the future ... if I knew the future, it would eliminate anticipation because I'd KNOW ... for example, I wouldn't bother to change out of my jammies on days when I knew nothing much was happening ... if I KNEW when I was meeting Mr. Right, I'd know it was going to work out so maybe I wouldn't shave my legs ... see where I'm going with this?

ehhh ... really ... can't think of anything I'd want to ask a psychic ...

so ... what sorts of things would you want to know, OP? just curious ...
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/26/2012 11:48:03 PM
If they're a good psychic, they should KNOW you're looking for them and conctact you, shouldn't they?
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/26/2012 11:51:31 PM
I predict you'll be using the Yellow pages.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/27/2012 6:25:54 AM

Being a Christian I had to reply , seeing into the future ,etc. is NOT a gift from God.

But it is! There is no difference between a "psychic" and a "prophet." A psychic predicts the future and so does a prophet. When I was still in the Christian religion, my preacher talked about this one day and said the difference between the two is that a prophet gets information from god and is always right (if they weren't right in the old days, they were stoned) and a psychic gets info from Satan and is wrong.

Hmm . . . I have heard as many "psychics" give correct information as "prophets" including modern day preachers such as the dead Oral Roberts.

So, the deciding factor is the informant giving the person the lowdown--"psychic" or "prophet" are pure semantics.

However, it is undeniable that psychics sometimes know things that should be impossible for them to know. Where do they get this information? The answer is from Satan and his demons.

This is the explanation I have heard the most for why psychics sometimes get it right, though I account it to one person's guess is as good as another's. In order for this to be true:

1. Satan and demons have to exist. They don't.
2. Supposing that they do exist, for them to know the future, they would have to be equal to god. According to Christian ideology, no way! Only god knows the future, right?

The most famous incidence of a seer in the Hebrew Scriptures is the Witch of Endor--"witch" is a misnomer here, and she should be called a medium. After Saul banished all mediums, etc., from the kingdom, he wanted to talk to the dead prophet Samuel. He contacted the "witch" and she raised the spirit of Samuel.

The same preacher (probably in the same sermon) said that the witch didn't REALLY summon the spirit of Samuel because god wouldn't allow it AND Samuel was actually in heaven: it was actually a demon pretending to be ol' Sam. HOWEVER, the scriptures simply do not support this. It says, "Then Saul knew it was Samuel" (1 Samuel 28:14). It does NOT say, "And Saul thought it was Samuel." Samuel tells Saul what will happen to him.

This makes the medium a prophet, eh? The information was correct.

This passage also shakes up ideas about the concept of heaven and hell and where souls go when the body dies, but that is another topic.

The reason why divination is a no-no in Judaism and Christianity is because believers are supposed to put their faith in god and let him make the decisions--one should not worry about the future but trust god to take care of them.

Does anyone understand what the word respect means? I would have to say few understand or implement it ,especially in the forums.

No one disrespected you anymore or any less than you disrespected them. They merely explained to you why your views are skewed—just as you showed them why their non-Christian views were skewed.

No offense but we call people with your thinking "New- Agers" and I avoid any New Age beliefs.

When I am in a “religious” state of mind, I am pagan, and paganism is not “New Age” but is the oldest form of religion on Earth. I will not list what we call people with your thinking because you would really cry “disrespect.” You have NO respect for the beliefs of others. Judaism and Christianity are both based on earlier pagan religions! All one has to do is study myth in order to know this.

You know know my opinion and my belief, enough said.

I know this was directed at Coma White, but being a former Christian, I DO know your opinions and beliefs—and I probably know the reasons for those beliefs even better than you do. However, you do not know my beliefs, though you think you do.

When the internet you can look up questions or open the bible for answers.

The Bible gives any answer a person wants—it is full of contradictions.
 lacalli
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/27/2012 6:29:27 AM
A perfectly good thread about psychics gets corrupted by nonsense. Just not a big surprise anymore.

I'm trying to keep it light because if it gets any ruder I'm going to start reporting people which is why I put the link to report people up.
This belongs on the religion forum anyway.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Looking for good psychic in Toronto area